☆ Clay V-pet Cradle Tutorial ☆

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Supplies:

• clay of your choice
  • V-pet of your choice
  • Plastic bag or cling wrap
  • paints, gems, charms, ect. (optional)
Lets get started! ੭•̀ω•́)੭̸*✩⁺˚

hVff8Im.png

To begin, gather up all your supplies. I used what I could find laying around my house. That being: Sculpey III, a V4.5, and a plastic sandwich bag. Sculpey can be hard to deal with, you will need to kneed it quite a bit.

muzMtXd.png

First! You’ll need to mold your clay into a ball, I used quite a bit so I could rest larger v-pets in it if I wanted to later.

After its been molded into a ball, you’ll then lay your plastic piece over the sphere and gently press your v-pet into it. From here, you can mold the back, front, sides, or any combination of those for some added support if you’d like.

Next, you’ll take off the v-pet along with the plastic wrap and smooth out any wrinkles, dents, scratches- whatever ya got- until it’s smooth again. Pop your v-pet in again to make sure you like how it fits still.

Q09eurN.png

You’ll want to make sure the bottom is flat, so it won’t roll around or wiggle, you want it to be sturdy!

From here, you can add any extra clay details, I added some little wings and hearts to mine 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Finally, pop it in the oven or let it dry! Once it’s cooled and/or hardened you can get to painting it and adding on charms, paints, gems and any other sort of detail you wish.

AAAAND all done!!

xw6fVhi.png

Tips and tricks:

• Sculpey and most baked clays like Fimo can get pretty heavy, putting a felt piece under it might help so you don’t scratch furniture!
  • “kids clays” like crayola model magic are cheap, light, and come in lots of colors, but aren’t as durable.
  • if you decide to paint your cradle, put down a white primer. Especially on darker colored clays. it also might be a good idea to use a spray varnish to prevent chipping or flaking.
  • Be creative! This tutorial can serve as a simple base to many other fun designs!
In closing: I hope the tutorial worked out for you, good luck and if you have any questions I’d love to help!

~ Miau :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely great tutorial Miau!

Your clay model looks so pretty and very very cute when its all done and painted <3

Thankyou very much for the clay tips, I will have to try out that "sculpey" it looks great to use, and being able to dry-harden is a big plus.

I make mine out of "Play-Doh" and bake at 148 degrees Celsius for an hour and sometimes it can "explode/bubblepop" bits in the oven if I kneed it wrong and get air trapped in it haha

This is the one I baked last week ^^

Thank you so much for such an informative and well put together tutorial, your design rocks :wub:

Thankyou very much for the clay tips, I will have to try out that "sculpey" it looks great to use, and being able to dry-harden is a big plus.
Sadly, Sculpey has to be baked to harden, but there are some clays that can be found in the same section of craft stores like Crayola Model Magic and Das Air Dry Clay. You could also try your hand at making your own paper clay, but it's a pretty tricky process.

Your cradle looks so cute! I love the bright colors!

My pictures got deleted on imgur due to my own clumsiness. I'm sorry!! So I re-uploaded them

HpU1sHU.png

CPCM7Ju.png

S2zLy5M.png

Sorry about that, everyone!!!

Sadly, Sculpey has to be baked to harden, but there are some clays that can be found in the same section of craft stores like Crayola Model Magic and Das Air Dry Clay. You could also try your hand at making your own paper clay, but it's a pretty tricky process.

Your cradle looks so cute! I love the bright colors!

Ah ok, well that's ok I don't mind baking some, my oven just tends to make my stands smell like cookies or springrolls haha :lol:

Thank you for the recommendation, I hadn't even heard of crayola model magic, and I really like crayola as a brand!

And thank you so much that's so sweet to say! I'm going to be making another today in preparation for my m!x getting here :lol:

love the little wings on yours though, so cute ^^

~Pee Kay :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back