Anyone remember Catz and Dogz?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone remember or still play Catz or Dogz?

I had all the versions of Catz 1 through to 5, and I had Dogz from version 4 to 5

I miss these games so much, unfortunately no modern computer seems to easily run it, it just freezes when it gets to the adoption center!

I used to 'hex' so many weird breedz, and also had a few disasters from trying to get too clever with making different breed files haha

anyone here have any fond memories of the Petz series?

OMG! I read the title and almost screamed! I LOVED Catz, played a heck ton! Tbh I was 4 or 5 and I don't really remember much but I think it's kinda like nintendogs? I just remember going on the computer, playing Catz and listening to "I whip my hair back and forth". I was a kewl kid XD also this other website I can't remember right now.

OMG! I read the title and almost screamed! I LOVED Catz, played a heck ton! Tbh I was 4 or 5 and I don't really remember much but I think it's kinda like nintendogs? I just remember going on the computer, playing Catz and listening to "I whip my hair back and forth". I was a kewl kid XD also this other website I can't remember right now.

Yeah you had these really basic looking cats and dogs (Which were mostly just made up of circle shapes haha) and you had to take care of them otherwise they ran away, and you could get them to have puppies and kittens and stuff! I used to spend HOURS on it, I wish I still could!

YES! I loved playing dogz when I was a kid. There were plenty of hours spent playing that childhood game.

Yeah, I loved it! Mostly the Dogz, and also the Petz! :) I was also playing a lot on my old phone (Nokia 6610 :D ), Catz, Dogz, and Petz! :ichigotchi:

I had Dogz, I don't remember which one. But I remember loving that game so much and only ever having the german shepherd

OH. MY. GOD. This topic exists... (I'm so happy)

I own both Dogz and Catz 5 and I still play them from time to time on an ancient old laptop lol. As a kid I loved anything having to do with animals and breeding as well. The game continues to impress me even now with it's incredibly sophisticated breeding system for a game of the time. As a student studying biology and genetics right now, I love how the game implements recessive genes that can pass through the generations down and some traits will show up generations down the line. It's just such a fun game to experiment with. I like using Petz A to speed up the breeding process by a lot. Hexed breeds are amazing and so fun to work with. You can make some pretty atrocious abominations from those hexed breeds lol. There's a great Petz 5 breeding blog on tblr, (not sure if still active) but it's a hilarious read to see what crazy offspring come from those hexed breeeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back