Sign in to follow this  
Yamiko

Will the P's pierces lose value due to vdp?

With Mister Blilnky's new VDP+ do you think that the physical pierces will lose value? The only one out currently is the sanrio pierce for the P's but, it's completely in English. I'm not trying to complain because the physical pierce is like 90$ and in Japanese but I have been wanting to play with it for like, forever and I can completely read everything. But do you think because we can download the VDP+ for free that people will stop buying the pierces?

http://mrblinky.net/tama/vdp/

Let me know your thoughts.

Let me know your thoughts.

I don't think they'll lose value altogether. I mean, people still own angelgotchis and p1's in spite of there existing an app for it. I guess it'll come down to whoever wants to own the pierce physically as a collection piece.

It will probably end up being a mixed bag. Being an older product, the P's has probably already lost enough sales in Bandai's eyes that whatever depreciation there is from the Download won't hurt it. Most likely the people who would be downloading this are those who can't afford to pay $90 for a mini-game add-on anyways. I doubt it will effect the market much if at all- besides perhaps causing a slight lowering in price of the physical unit over time.

I just wanted to say that I' m new to tama collecting and playing and that I'd still prefer to own the physical pierce itself because I think its just nicer to know I took my time saving the money. Also I think they're cute :)

• Like 1

I have bought pierces that are pure decoration due to the vdps (a bear, a bee, and a rabbit-bear thing). And a lot of people would prefer a free download than to pay for a physical copy.

I don't have an infrared device so I can't use virtual deco pierces. Moeover though, I just prefer to have official tamagotchi things. While the pierces aren't high priority for me and I already have a lot of other things to spend money on, I do think it's interesting but still don't have a way to use it, and if I did possibly I can't be bothered to xD And would still prefer to use official things. I've never completed a tamagotchi (unlocked everything to unlock). Not even close. So I think I still have lots of things to do in them as it is.
This is just my personal opinion.

• Like 2

I don't think it will impact it that much. I'm still personally getting the Pierces when I can as the VDP's can only be stored for so long. Using the infrared dongle to patch my P's into English took a while and was fiddly. I feel like having a Pierce I can simply take on and off will be a lot easier for me.

On top of that they look pretty. :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TRDFizzy
      Hi. I have owned this pink tamagotchi P’s for around 2-3 years. I am a 13 year old male, and while personally I do not mind the color much I’m sure it would not go over well in public places, especially in the area where I live. I’m not sure if this is against the rules, and if it is I will remove this post, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in “trading” my tamagotchi for one of a blue or green color. I will also accept other kinds of colored tamagotchis (as in the screen, not the shell). As long as it’s within reason monetarily wise. I might be able to meet up if you live somewhere in the central Virginia area, or am willing to mail it to you. (I would hope this community is nice enough to partake in their part of the deal, for I am new here and have only recently discovered the site.) Thanks! (I cannot post pictures because the file size is too large, but if I find a workaround, I will edit the post with pictures, or message them to you if you are interested.) Bye!
    • By BodyGlitter
      Hi,
      Recently I bought a preowned Royal pierce from Japan you want and I can't get it to unlink from the previous owner and link to mine.
      My Ps came with the Dream Coffret pierce and I had trouble linking that one too but once I married off my adult tama and had a baby I was able too, I figured that since that one now worked so would my Royal pierce but it was still unable to link it and I ended up resetting my tamagotchi but my Royal pierce still isn't working, I haven't tried my Dream one yet though.
      I know accidents happen but I feel that since I bought it from JYW it should be functional I didn't buy it from somebody on ebay yk? I don't think my tama pierce port itself is damaged because my Dream pierce works? I blew on both so I don't think it's dust either.
      I'm wondering if I can only connect certain pierces during certain stages, like am I only able to connect my Royal pierce when I have a teen? Or is it just broken?
      Sorry this is so long, thank you in advance!
    • By Penguin-keeper
      For those who don't know of TruffleShuffle.co.uk, it's an online retailer that sells retro/pop-culture-themed goods. I'm just quickly posting this because I found this on their site the other day;

It's always nice to see new official Tamagotchi items. This one is an official Tamagotchi heat-change mug, and it can be found here if any of you guys want one.
    • By TamagotchiiPrincess
      Hi can someone identify this version of chickpet where can i find the Chickpet tamagotchi pink design i'v been looking on internet can't find the one i want... where Can I purchase one like this please🤔 any suggestions? Xx

• By Odourman
      First I made a dough out of flour, salt and water. I shaped it into a stand and put it into the oven. When it was done I made glue out of flour, water and salt. I mixed those things in a pot cooked it. I put glue all over the Tamagotchi stand!!!

It looked icky.
      After it has dried I painted it.

Then I took, what-it's-called?, white fluffy stuff, synthetic cotton?

And I throw that fluff into the green paint water!!!

Waiting for it to dry was boring so I used microwave.

Then I had green, green, fluff of home.

And YAY! It is finished!

The R.I.P Tamagotchi Stand

EDIT:
      I might cut down on the fluff....