Tamas at the workplace

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So who here brings their tama babies to work?

I'm 23, I work as a cashier at Petco, and I keep my 4U in my pocket while i'm working. On monday it'll be my new mix's first time out! :)

I mostly pull it out on my break, and sometimes my co-workers will ask what it is, or they'll say something like "Oh, my daughter had one of those!"

I'm kinda shy so I usually try to keep it to myself.. :( Not because I think it's silly but because I have no idea what they'll think or say. :eek:

Do you take your tamas to work with you? Share your stories! :lol:

I bring mine to school occasionally, but I'm always really afraid it will get broken or lost or even stolen. but it is like a little adventure for your tama to bring it with you :D

I do! My work shirt has a breast pocket which isn't big enough for a colour (I've tried, it looks really suspicious), but fits Connections perfectly. I usually bring my V3 with me (I have a long-lived oldie on there, who's been coming to work with me since she was a baby). I tend to keep it to myself mostly. I find ways to sneakily check on the tama throughout my shift, and so far no one's noticed (I've been doing it for months now)! Haha.

:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bring mine to work EVERYDAY! Haha and i'm actually not too shy about it and my coworkers actually enjoy checking up on my tamas too even thought they don't have any haha

I bring mine to work! When I was just running the V3 I'd put it on the lanyard I wear everywhere for easy access (and I work at an early childhood centre so the kids see it and they're always so fascinated by it!), but now I'm running my V4.5 as well, so I'm not sure about the whole lanyard thing anymore, because they kept getting in the way of each other when I tried it, so I just put them in my pockets if I have any now!

I actually remember last week when I put them in my pockets and the kids saw that I didn't have one on my lanyard anymore and some of them kept asking me where it was!

There's no way I can bring one to school, haha...out of embarrassment for letting them out as a guilty pleasure and in fear of it getting broken/damaged or somehow accidentally forgetting it.

When I go to uni or work, perhaps if I could do so privately without judgmental peers or people that have similar interests whom I can trust in.

I work in an office environment and bring my spacey m!x with me every day to work. It just chills in my cube with me. :lol:

I would like to, but I work in a kitchen where people are judgey about that sort of thing (They regularly make fun of the fact I collect mlp and also make fun of my two pet bunnies). I wouldn't want to draw more attention to myself really so I just keep my p's on the 'time change' screen to sort of pause it while I'm at work

I used to bring mine to work (I work remotely from home now, so I don't have to anymore, lol). While working in retail, I'd keep it in my purse in the break room and take it out during lunch or quick breaks. Most of my coworkers were super curious and loved the nostalgia of it--they were mostly all 90s kids who remembered the originals, so it was a blast from the past for them. Some of them thought it was a little odd I was still playing with Tamas, but they got used to it. ;)

I have only ever brought my Tama's to work once (over the Christmas period when it was quiet and I was running three!)

Everyone just had a giggle and went on a nostalgic trip and wanted to have a go on the games.

I wish I could bring atleast one in to work with me but due to business I doubt I'd be able to care for them properly so I leave them at home :(

First time I took one of my tamas out at work my whole team like wanted to see it so my supervisor called a meeting and we passed it around... it was pretty funny. (I work in a call center for netflix at the moment. So we're all nerds) the boys were disappointed tamas had gotten so girly looking, but the girls really liked it, one of them liked it enough that I showed her where to get a tama P. That was a while ago now most people just like to peek at it but dont seem to mind/care any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back