Friends Dream Town: Screen/Buttons quality?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skygryph

Reaction score
Decided to get a Friends Dream Town after the help of the people here (thanks guys!). I'm really enjoying it so far, but I had a couple questions about the quality of the device.

First, the screen is very crisp and easy to see, much better than my Tama-go. I did notice, though, that there is a lot of image "ghosting"; for instance, if I'm looking at the Meal/Snack menu and exit out, I can see the words Meal/Snack on the screen for a bit before they disappear, layered over my tama's living room. And when my tama moves around the screen, it leaves a blur/ghosted image behind of where it was a second beforehand (very noticeable in the balloon game; I can't see my tama too well because of the blurring). I'm particularly worried because the Dream Town came a day earlier without me realizing it, so it was sitting outside overnight in below freezing weather...I don't know if this may have hurt the screen. I've tried watching videos on youtube to check, but it's difficult for me to tell.

The second issue is the buttons. They're rather unresponsive, more so than my Tama-go (maybe on the same level as my Music Star). I have to be very deliberate in my button presses or else there's a decent chance of it not registering. It's especially obvious during games, where I've missed a couple of balloons/tennis balls because of the buttons not responding.

If both of the above are normal, I'm fine with trying to deal with them, as I so far really like Dream Town itself. My device is still under a return policy, though, so if it's not normal, I'd want to exchange it for a different one (probably wouldn't be able to for the screen, since that may have been my own fault, but you never know).

Thanks everyone! ^_^

I have a friends dream town, but i haven't run it in a while so i'm not sure about the screen ghosting thing. but about the buttons: try looking up a video on how to open up a tama and clean the contacts on the buttons. that should make them much much more responisive. Hope I could help!! :) :D

I'm tempted to open it, but the problem is I think that would void my return policy...I'd be completely up for doing that with an older tama, but I'm just worried about doing it with a new one. ^^;

My Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town does not have this "ghosting" screen problem, sounds like you have a faulty screen. :(

Thanks Magic! I've been watching videos of the Dream Town on my computer now (was using my phone before, and I think the screen was too small to see well), and it looks like it varies. Some people don't have it at all, others have it a little bit, and some have ghosting that's as obvious as mine. That makes me feel somewhat better, since it looks like it's because of quality control problems, rather than me leaving it outside.

Not sure if I want to exchange it or not, since it seems like there's a decent chance I won't get one that's any better. Anyone else have info on the buttons? If the buttons aren't usually this unresponsive, then I'll bite the bullet and just exchange it.

When I got my Dream Town from Amazon, it was left outside in the winter for maybe a few hours (my father found sometime late in the evening and it was very cold). I've heard some people complaining about unresponsive buttons but mines doesn't have that problem, nor does my second that I got in a used lot (I haven't run the other used two yet, but I don't remember unresponsive buttons when I tested them briefly). I don't think out of the four I have that either of them had the ghosting issue, but I haven't fully tested the other two yet.

My Dream Town has a bit of the ghosting but the buttons are pretty responsive. I think the quality is about what I'd expect. I'm not a huge fan of it because I don't find it as intuitive or fun as the color Tamas, but it's still a good toy for $15 IMO.

So it does seem like it's hit or miss, then. I'll probably try returning it and see if I can get one with better buttons. The screen isn't too big of an issue (I've been getting used to it), but the third button in particular is just really unresponsive and likes to stop working in the middle of games.

Thank you all! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back