m!x or tamagotchi p?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

udawnc

Reaction score
Hi!

I am aware that bandai released tamagotchi m!x, and I was wondering whether the m!x differs greatly from tamagotchi p, and whether it is worth getting it from japanyounow.com is the gameplay for mix different from p?

any suggestions? language is not a problem for me :)

I don't have either of them but I will be planning to get them when I have the money.

But the greatest difference is the mechanics of the M!X line, because each additional generation is a combination of the parents, rather than just another adult character. The M!X also has better graphics and a wider screen (although I don't think that should be a huge factor, since we've been fans of the smaller black and white Tamas too). Hm...if you're going to get just one M!X, I suggest the 20th Anniversary edition, because from what I've heard from the Spacy/Melody version, in order to unlock a destination you need to connect with another M!X.

I'm mostly aware of the "pierces" for the P's. They're like add on characters, items and destinations for the Tamagotchi itself, but these can range from $20-$80+ depending on which one you're going after. If you own a Tama-Go then you can vaguely compare the figures to that of the pierces.

I have both a P's and a M!X. I've really enjoyed both of them, so you definitely can't go wrong either way. That being said, I completely agree with Popgotchi that if you decide to get a M!X to consider getting the anniversary M!X first. With the spacy/melody versions you have to have at least one other M!X (and connect them after resetting the second twice) to unlock all of the destinations. On the anniversary M!X you can unlock all of the destinations on its own. One thing I will say about the M!X is that I've found the genetics part a ton of fun, but besides that the play for the adult characters seems limited. You can visit towns, play games, play with items and a select number of accessories. I find that almost as soon as my M!X characters are adults I am looking to marry them off to see the next M!X. The aging duration is 3 days on the M!X so it can go pretty quickly that way.

On the P's you work to find the puzzle pieces (favorite items) for each adult. In order to collect all of the puzzle pieces you must age the adult 3 days. During that time they can visit destinations, work a part time job, adopt a pet, play with a ton of accessories, make changes using the pierces, etc. I find that I connect a lot more to the character because of how many interactive options there are. When you then take into account that there are the deco pierces which add content to the P's on top of all of that it makes it a top contender, at least to me. I hope that this helps! ^_^

While I don't have a P's, I just want to third what Spacey and Popgotchi have said about the Mix: Definitely go for a 20th anniversary edition. I have the normal version (Spacy), and it started to feel limited to me after about two weeks or so of playing, since a decent chunk of the game is locked away unless you have multiple Mixes (two locations, 7 characters to marry, if I remember right, several foods, toys, and accessories, and a game). I have a 20th anniversary on the way, but in hindsight, I wish I had only bought the anniversary addition instead of the regular one first.

Gameplay-wise for the Mix, I fully agree with what Spacey said. The genetics and mixing feature is a lot of fun, and you can end up with some very interesting and unique combinations. Raising new generations and keeping the line going is entertaining in this version, since you'll always be surprised by what you end up with. However, there isn't much to do with them at all once they reach the adult stage; there aren't any stickers to collect or special features just for the adults. The only reason to keep an adult around is if you like how it turned out and want to hold on to it for a little longer. The number of accessories and wallpapers/"livings" is also very limited in the Mix. I've only seen 9 or 10 wallpapers, and I think I counted about 20 or so accessories. If you don't have access to the Mix stations in Japan, it's going to feel rather sparse. In other words, the customization in the Mix outside of the hybrid breeding system isn't all that great.

The result is that the Mix feels pretty passive. It's a great Tamagotchi to run in the background, since it's fairly easygoing, has a daycare system, and is relatively simple. If you're looking for a somewhat simple tama with a fun breeding system, it's great. If you want something with meatier gameplay and more to do with your grown-up tama, then I'd suggest taking a look at the P's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this comes down to personal preference in what you want from your tama?

Do you want to have fun with family trees and see what wonderful creations are born, then it's the M!X for you.

Do you like DLC and cute accessories that interact with your tama, then the P's would be the best option.

Are certain built in tama games a complete no interest to you, research what's built in both tama's.

When I was buying my tama's I watched loads of YT videos with information, unboxings and general impressions before purchasing, this might help you also?

FYI - Tamagotchi P's can be really expensive if your buying new/unopened so budget might factor in your decision also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have either of them but I will be planning to get them when I have the money.

But the greatest difference is the mechanics of the M!X line, because each additional generation is a combination of the parents, rather than just another adult character. The M!X also has better graphics and a wider screen (although I don't think that should be a huge factor, since we've been fans of the smaller black and white Tamas too). Hm...if you're going to get just one M!X, I suggest the 20th Anniversary edition, because from what I've heard from the Spacy/Melody version, in order to unlock a destination you need to connect with another M!X.

I'm mostly aware of the "pierces" for the P's. They're like add on characters, items and destinations for the Tamagotchi itself, but these can range from $20-$80+ depending on which one you're going after. If you own a Tama-Go then you can vaguely compare the figures to that of the pierces.

I have both a P's and a M!X. I've really enjoyed both of them, so you definitely can't go wrong either way. That being said, I completely agree with Popgotchi that if you decide to get a M!X to consider getting the anniversary M!X first. With the spacy/melody versions you have to have at least one other M!X (and connect them after resetting the second twice) to unlock all of the destinations. On the anniversary M!X you can unlock all of the destinations on its own. One thing I will say about the M!X is that I've found the genetics part a ton of fun, but besides that the play for the adult characters seems limited. You can visit towns, play games, play with items and a select number of accessories. I find that almost as soon as my M!X characters are adults I am looking to marry them off to see the next M!X. The aging duration is 3 days on the M!X so it can go pretty quickly that way.

On the P's you work to find the puzzle pieces (favorite items) for each adult. In order to collect all of the puzzle pieces you must age the adult 3 days. During that time they can visit destinations, work a part time job, adopt a pet, play with a ton of accessories, make changes using the pierces, etc. I find that I connect a lot more to the character because of how many interactive options there are. When you then take into account that there are the deco pierces which add content to the P's on top of all of that it makes it a top contender, at least to me. I hope that this helps! ^_^

While I don't have a P's, I just want to third what Spacey and Popgotchi have said about the Mix: Definitely go for a 20th anniversary edition. I have the normal version (Spacy), and it started to feel limited to me after about two weeks or so of playing, since a decent chunk of the game is locked away unless you have multiple Mixes (two locations, 7 characters to marry, if I remember right, several foods, toys, and accessories, and a game). I have a 20th anniversary on the way, but in hindsight, I wish I had only bought the anniversary addition instead of the regular one first.

Gameplay-wise for the Mix, I fully agree with what Spacey said. The genetics and mixing feature is a lot of fun, and you can end up with some very interesting and unique combinations. Raising new generations and keeping the line going is entertaining in this version, since you'll always be surprised by what you end up with. However, there isn't much to do with them at all once they reach the adult stage; there aren't any stickers to collect or special features just for the adults. The only reason to keep an adult around is if you like how it turned out and want to hold on to it for a little longer. The number of accessories and wallpapers/"livings" is also very limited in the Mix. I've only seen 9 or 10 wallpapers, and I think I counted about 20 or so accessories. If you don't have access to the Mix stations in Japan, it's going to feel rather sparse. In other words, the customization in the Mix outside of the hybrid breeding system isn't all that great.

The result is that the Mix feels pretty passive. It's a great Tamagotchi to run in the background, since it's fairly easygoing, has a daycare system, and is relatively simple. If you're looking for a somewhat simple tama with a fun breeding system, it's great. If you want something with meatier gameplay and more to do with your grown-up tama, then I'd suggest taking a look at the P's.

I think this comes down to personal preference in what you want from your tama?

Do you want to have fun with family trees and see what wonderful creations are born, then it's the M!X for you.

Do you like DLC and cute accessories that interact with your tama, then the P's would be the best option.

Are certain built in tama games a complete no interest to you, research what's built in both tama's.

When I was buying my tama's I watched loads of YT videos with information, unboxings and general impressions before purchasing, this might help you also?

FYI - Tamagotchi P's can be really expensive if your buying new/unopened so budget might factor in your decision also.
These were all really useful advice and after taking them into consideration, I purchased a second-hand (but good quality) Tamagotchi P's :D Thanks so much guys, I appreciate it a lot!!

(P.s @ Magicgotchi- i didnt think about going on youtube to find reviews hahahahahahahhaha why am i like this, will definitely do so in the future :D )

I'm glad I (and everyone else) could offer helpful information for you.

Enjoy your P's, hours of fun and cuteness awaits. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back