Dream town differing food purchasing options?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been a lurker hear for quite awhile (likely will continue to because there is allot to read), but I've decided to finally make an account because of a peculiarity with my Tamagotchi Dream Town Friends. I was actually going to post also about the strange background on one of my Dream Towns, but I then discovered it correlated to Easter (the egg with a heart was a dead giveaway, but I was certain Easter was always in April...).

So I have a Dream Town friend I bought new off Amazon.ca and another Dream Town I am currently running that I got in a used lot of three (rather funny story about this, considering I practically got them for free!). As far as I know they are both from Canada since I bought them from Canadian sellers (with Canadian dollars, if that's relevant). On the Dream Town I bought from Amazon, the Music Cafe offer 8 purchasing options for meals (of which the meat pie remains consistent) and 6 for snacks. But on the Dream Town I got in the lot of three, there are only 5 for meals and 5 for snacks. The limit on my used Dream Town has been a minor irritant, but it's strange enough that I wondered why.

My Amazon Dream Town has been connected to the online Dream Town game, but I haven't connected my used one because it isn't necessary (and the website keeps deleting my username, for no apparent reason). Additionally, I think all three of my used Dream Towns had a serial number printed above the "C E" on the back in gold letters but my Amazon Dream Town did not. I can't confirm this as my used Dream Town came covered thickly in marker which I removed with hand sanitizer, effacing it along with the marker, and my Amazon Dream Town shows slight signs of wear, although I do not handle it much anymore.

So, to summarize, does anyone know why one Dream Town has more purchasing options than the other?

Edit: Typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats weird. The lot of 3 one might be European. On my regular Friends (The only Tama I have, haha) it only has 5, and its european. Maybe the canadian one has more? :p

Thanks for response, Sonic_Hedgehog. I think that maybe this was too much of a strange question for anyone to know what to say XD

You might be right that one of them is a different version, but it appears that unlike the original Tamagotchi Friends (which I do want get at least one of), it isn't as easy to tell them apart. Today or in the coming week I'll test the only variable, which will be connecting to the Dream Town game. Otherwise, I think it can just be decided that I have somehow ended up with two different Dream Town versions.

I definetly know that the European and American ones have different games. The European one has things like Mimic, Cake Catch, stuff like that. and the American one has...like, Driving, I think? So thats a way to tell them apart :p

Yeah, that's how you can tell the original Tamagotchi Friends apart but the Dream Town Friends don't appear to have any documented differences (all the games are the same between the two versions I have).

Oh and as an update, I did connect my Dream Town from the lot of three to the Dream Town game, but it hasn't changed the items. I entered at least 10 codes into it, so it seems the online game doesn't affect the items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back