Where can you get tamagotchis in YOUR country?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

udawnc

Reaction score
I was just curious to see if other countries still sell tamagotchis in toy/game stores etc.! This is just for fun :)

Extremely hard to find Tamagotchis here during this time, maybe in garage sales but they are most likely second-hand. Most people order online (Japanyouwant.com) or buy from some second-hand sellers, or eBay. Not sure if they used to sell it in toy stores because I wasn't on the hype train when I was younger (I know right???), my friends said they bought their Tamagotchis in neighbouring countries Singapore/Malaysia!

I didn't have a thorough look at the stores that used to stock a whole bunch 10 years ago, but I'm pretty sure that they're not on the shelves anymore. The last one I saw was the Tama-Go and that was...7 years ago. Sometimes there's someone selling their Tamagotchi (connection) on TradeMe. I got my 4U from there and I saw a P's once too. Still waiting to be able to buy a m!x :(

I'm also from New Zealand, and it's exactly as Popgotchi said, I also haven't seen any Tamagotchis in any stores since the Tama-Go, although it was actually six years ago for me, but that might have been a clearance sale - it was some kind of sale at least (I remember getting one for Christmas in 2010, and then another one during a sale in October 2011)

If I ever want a new one now, I just buy from eBay, though I did get a V2 from TradeMe once (which no longer works - the pixel display is missing multiple rows)

Apparently some states got Tamagotchi Friends in Toys R Us and The Reject Shop, but there are no Toys R Us around where I live and my The Reject Shop doesn't have them. We do, however, have fake Tamagotchis in discount stores and even departmant stores.

I think the last was Tamagotchi Friends: Dreamtown? Honestly I wasn't back into tamagotchis at that point and so I missed out. Now I can only find them on eBay, Amazon, etc. You can also check out second hand stores and garage sales and still find them sometimes. Most of mine have come from Japan You Want. :lol:

I've found some Tamagotchis (new ones) in stores in the past years, like Toys R Us or Hottopic. But sadly, they're gone now and you can only get them on eBay or Amazon -_- . Before that I got my tamas from eBay, and now I still do. :wub:

We don't seem to have as much toy stores as I thought, instead everything is narrowed down to Toys"R"Us, Walmart, and a few miscellaneous toy stores (Target left the country). About late last year or early this year I went with my father to see if there was any successor to Tamagotchis in Toys"R"Us, but there wasn't anything save for Hatchimals (more closer to Furby, I feel). Surprisingly we do have one HotTopic, but I've read that it no longer sells Tamagotchis. I remember going to a seasonal warehouse sale, but I've actually never checked for Tamagotchis and I don't remember seeing them in my half-feverish scouting out of the place (feverish because I was more interested the doll aisle because that's my other hobby). There seems to be some Tamagotchis selling on Kijiji around my area, but my father doesn't want to deal with them so the bulk of my collection has come from Ebay. I dream of finding Tamagotchis in second-hand stores, but that is probably as likely to happen as finding used Gameboy games, and my father said they look like car alarms so they will likely been thrown out.

My country is UK and i got most of my collection on amazon and ebay. Maybe if you are lucky here, you may see one in the wild at these market sales (like a garage sale but bigger that would take up a whole field with several people selling things)

Also i got my friends at a toy store that was £5 (very cheap actually)

Maybe some tamagotchi friends at Toys R Us, other than that, garage sales.

I've found some Tamagotchis (new ones) in stores in the past years, like Toys R Us or Hottopic. But sadly, they're gone now and you can only get them on eBay or Amazon -_- . Before that I got my tamas from eBay, and now I still do. :wub:
And you can also, once in a blue moon, find a Tamagotchi at a flea market, thrift store, or a re-sale shop here. It's not a Tamagotchi, but I once saw a Gigapet before at a near flea market (though I didn't buy it because I didn't know it was). And my first Tamagotchi came from a thrift store, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

just walk outside :p

*and we dont really have countries here, just the whole planet under one government.... its a small world*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back