How can I prove my tamagotchis age?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UMR

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a v3 and trying to break the record for longest living tamagotchi on the v3. But I'm sure if I somehow manage to keep my tamagotchi alive past 145 (I think that's still the record for the v3) I some people will still say I cheated or something. How can I prove I didn't debug it or change the time/date? Thanks!

I'm not sure if this would satisfy all the doubters, but you could take a picture of your tama everyday, one picture of the date/time screen and one of your tama's age?

I hoped this helped, sorry if it didn't.

The first thing to do would be have an official documented start, somewhere on the internet where it displays a date and time. If you decide to start logging on Tamatalk, that would cover documentation and also the more consistently you do so (not necessarily every day), the more credible your record would be. The reason consistency is more credible is because it gives more evidence to confirm or deny your claim. CthulhuSyd idea is good, but I would recommend you also take a picture of the screen that displays the generation number, since character and time can be potentially faked without messing with the program, but the generation screen cannot. Also, make sure in these pictures you show the whole Tamagotchi, as the shell design will also add consistency to your record.

The key to credibility is giving a sensible reason for why there should not be any doubt, not so much as the potential the record could have been tampered with. However, the more you ground your documentation in what cannot be changed, the easier credibility will come. Also, evidence that is more credible is evidence that is unique because what is unique cannot be faked.

I'm not sure if this would satisfy all the doubters, but you could take a picture of your tama everyday, one picture of the date/time screen and one of your tama's age?I hoped this helped, sorry if it didn't.

No, it helps a lot! Thank you so much!

The first thing to do would be have an official documented start, somewhere on the internet where it displays a date and time. If you decide to start logging on Tamatalk, that would cover documentation and also the more consistently you do so (not necessarily every day), the more credible your record would be. The reason consistency is more credible is because it gives more evidence to confirm or deny your claim. CthulhuSyd idea is good, but I would recommend you also take a picture of the screen that displays the generation number, since character and time can be potentially faked without messing with the program, but the generation screen cannot. Also, make sure in these pictures you show the whole Tamagotchi, as the shell design will also add consistency to your record.
The key to credibility is giving a sensible reason for why there should not be any doubt, not so much as the potential the record could have been tampered with. However, the more you ground your documentation in what cannot be changed, the easier credibility will come. Also, evidence that is more credible is evidence that is unique because what is unique cannot be faked.
Wow! Thank you for writing so much information! This definitely answers pretty much all my questions! Thank you!

I'd definitely say doing a log is a great idea. I'm doing the same experiment right now and my V3 is currently 141 years old - it's important to note that the V3's age counter stops counting after 99 yrs, so I'm not sure if there's a point to taking photos of the age screen after that (I personally don't), but regular logging and updating is still good to do, especially when you're needing to count the age manually each day. Have fun, and good luck! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back