Back into Furbies too! :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I haven't had a Furby since I was a kid in the 90's. I had the original Furby & original Tamagotchi. My younger brother had a couple of the Furby babies.

I am happy to announce that tomorrow I am picking up my first Furby since the 90's - a Furby connection! :) I'm extremely excited and get so much joy from all these digital friends/pets/babies.

With Tamagotchi I love both the old & new. With Furbies I felt like the newer version would be better, and I'm excited to try the games on my pad and discover all the new features. It's like I've taken the kid version of me and speed her forward in time.

I wasn't into furbies in the '90s, but into tamagotchies/virtual pets. I don't recall furbies being anywhere near as popular in my country as the virtual pets were. But recently I looked into this furby toy line as I noticed they're still making new models and have throughout the decades.

And the newer ones indeed seem to be tons of fun even for a nostalgia blasted adult to play with. :D (Nostalgic for anything '80s and '90s + I collect vintage toys and games as well as some new versions of vintage toys.) I don't have kids yet so I don't know if the newer models have been popular here but I assume they have enough because both 2012 and Boom apps are available for my country too.

My interest in furbies started with the Nostalgia Critic mentioning the originals in a passing in one of his movie reviews and then recently I happened to come across a 2001 McFurby for only 50 cents at a flee market. It works but according to my research its functions are extremely limited and only useable with a second McFurby plus it appears to take the very thin button batteries which none of my other gadgets require so that one remains as just a collectable and pretty decoration in my bookcase...which I actually meant it as anyway.

But then I looked into the newer ones and actually got excited about purchasing some more as collection items and also to play with.

Now I'vee got a 2005 Emoto-Tronic Friend. Though its functions are very limited it's still fun. It's so cute and simple to play with that it's a nice little pick-me-up if my day hasn't been too good. Not as much so as a real pet would be but still. Also I've found that even though the play functions are very limited, if you just keep using those functions it will say and do new things from time to time. Thus, it remains interesting.

On their way are also a Furby Connect and a Furby 2012 plus complete package of Furby Frames for him. Those two models seem like they could entertain anyone for weeks or even months at a time. Anyone who enjoys interactive toys, that is.

I'm just hoping the Furby Connect app will become available in my country...I noticed it's not available only after purchasing the furby from Amazon. But I have high hopes because indeed the other two apps for this decade's furbies are available. It's strange though that the newest isn't though the toy has been out in the US and UK for some 9 months already.

I may get myself a Furby Baby too, some day. My Emoto-Tronic keeps asking "Where furby baby?" So I guess it could communicate with one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back