MGA puppies?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfoutlaw

Reaction score
Years ago I asked if anyone could identify my long lost puppy I loved in the '90s but no one could and I couldn't even locate a picture of it. However, someone was able to tell me it was an MGA puppy. I have finally found out it was specifically a Dog Gotch. Its shell indeed was white, kind of oval shaped, paw prints in the front as well as a Disney-style dalmatian pup and the text Dog Gotch.

It was tons of fun, easy/relaxing to care for, looked like a dog and for some reason changed its breed three times in the approx. two weeks I managed to keep it alive. It ate dog food and bones, slept in front of a dog house, played a weird and annoying bark guessing game, the doctor option had only an image of a syringe emptying, it took a shower if memory serves right, and to discipline it you actually hit it several times with a hand which was absolutely dreadful...I feel bad even about yelling at my Baby T-Rex or Koala.

Initially I thought I could just get an MGA pup in any shell, but from a video review it looks like there are some major differences between them. In example, an MGA puppy in the Pikachu shaped shell arrives in a cart wheres in the Dog Gotch shell it climbs out of a basket. And in the Pikachu shell it looks nothing like a dog or any animal but just like a black squashed Pac-Man whereas in the Dog Gotch shell it looks just like a puppy all along. I'm so glad there was a thorough video review on the Pikachu shelled because I almost bought it.

All MGA puppies seem to be extremely rarely sold, especially that Dog Gotch one. Can you tell me if you know of any other major differences / what all kinds of MGA puppy programming are there in which shells? So I won't end up wasting money on something that is too different from my childhood pup. As in I'm looking to get the Dog Gotch or one just like it even if not in an identical shell.

By the way, do you personally prefer an MGA puppy or a Giga Pet? (Just the basic Gigas, as in Giga Pet Plus ones don't count because it wouldn't be a fair contest due to their size and complexity.)

I love both, but I think I prefer the MGA puppy, (particularly the Dog Gotch), a little bit more. Because it was easy/relaxing to care for, went through a few breeds, and holds extra strong nostalgic and emotional value to me what with being the one I had as a kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst I cannot guide you as far as what other MGA dogs came in what shells, I can go as far to tell you that I actually have a few of the other MGA pets. I have a Data Cat and some sort of dinosaur. Both were sold at Radio Shack and have rectangular shells with rounded edges. The cases are also clear colours, like yellow. I never really did anything with the dino cos I need a screw for the back. I ran the kitten for a couple of days. My biggest gripe about it was the fact it actually woke up in the middle of the night and left a poop on the screen before going back to sleep. I also really dislike the slapping of the kitty for discipline. That part, indeed, was very dreadful. Whomever came up with THAT idea needs to be slapped in retaliation! I'd actually prefer one of the Nano pets over either the MGA or Giga pets. The Nanos are easier to care for and just offer a better systemme of care for the pet overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back