No Giga Pet Simba?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfoutlaw

Reaction score
Does there exist a Giga Pet Simba from The Lion King? Either as a vintage from the 1990s' series or a newer one?

I find it extremely odd that I haven't seen one from the '90s or if they didn't make one then. After all The Lion King was THE most successful Disney animated classic of the decade and they did make a Little Mermaid and a 101 Dalmatians Gigapets - from less successful and much older films. So WTF, where's my baby Simba, Tiger Electronics?? :/

The Lion King didn't come till later on, so Giga Pets and Tamagotchis were in the past by the time that The Lion King was even released. So they might not have made a Giga Pet based off of The Lion King...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true. Virtual pets were released in 1996/1997 - Giga Pets particularly were released in 1997.

The Lion King was released in 1994. More than enough time before for them to make a Simba. Also, The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride was released only a year after The Lost Word: Jurassic Park from which they did make a Baby T-Rex Giga Pet. They could have made a Kiara or Kovu Giga Pet from that one too.

Not true. Virtual pets were released in 1996/1997 - Giga Pets particularly were released in 1997.

The Lion King was released in 1994. More than enough time before for them to make a Simba. Also, The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride was released only a year after The Lost Word: Jurassic Park from which they did make a Baby T-Rex Giga Pet. They could have made a Kiara or Kovu Giga Pet from that one too.
I apologize for being wrong, then.

Maybe no one at Tiger Electronics even suggested it when they started making character based ones (such as Looney Tunes, Little Mermaid, etc.)? I'm thinking they might have made one, but then it got scrapped because it might have been too hard to make a pixelated lion, especially the animations that Gigas use when it's not doing anything and is idle. I could be wrong, but I dunno what Tiger Electronics did with Giga Pets. All I can theorize is that either they did make one, but it got scrapped because of how complex Simba would look in pixels or they didn't suggest it at all because The Lion King might not have been popular enough to where it does get a Giga Pet, but I could be wrong that it was popular enough and would have been a Giga Pet, but Tiger didn't think to do it.

Thank you for the replies. :) It must have been popular enough, as The Lion King was the highest grossing animated movie of all time for numerous years until out-grossed by Toy Story 3 and even today The Lion King remains the highest grossing hand-drawn animated movie of all time. And I think the Giga Pet Plus: Circus has a lion as one of the animals...So, I would still question the reason why they didn't make it. However, that's not really the point, just simply if there is any virtual pet Simba out there by today - be it Giga Pet or not? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back