What Shiny Pokemon have you Caught?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaninjacat

Reaction score
So this weekend I was looking for a shiny Rockruff in my Pokemon Moon game. I wasn't expecting that I'd be able to find one but I was pleasantly surprised! This is the fourth shiny that I've successfully caught so I was wondering, what shiny Pokemon have you guys caught? Mine are as follows:

King the Azumarill: He is my very first shiny from Pokemon Y. He was a random encounter Azurill but luckily I was prepared (I had been looking for a shiny Riolu literally seconds before giving up and finding him lol :D ).

Toffee the Alolan Raichu: He is my second shiny from Pokemon Moon. I was specifically chaining for a Pichu and I got one in two encounters!

Thor the Shinx: He was my third shiny from Pokemon Diamond. I actually found him this past Friday in the middle of a Nuzlocke (that I've since then failed... :( ) and, ignoring the Nuzlocke rules, I quickly caught him. I'm going to transfer him to my Black 2 game as soon as I beat this Diamond play through.

Shigure the Rockruff: He is my fourth and most recent shiny from Pokemon Moon. I was successful in chaining one in 33 encounters and I named him "Shigure" after Shigure from Fire Emblem Fates because the light blue fur reminded me of his light blue hair. ^_^

(I also have Ketchup the Gyarados and Ryoma the Gible, but they were in-game encounters from HeartGold and Black 2 respectively).

I can't wait to hear about your shiny Pokemon encounters and captures! :D

My first shiny was a Cacnea, named Saboten, which means cactus in Japanese. She was my very first shiny when I was shiny hunting Trapinch in Omega Ruby. But I gave up, and then there she was!

I have never intentionally looked for shinies, but I've caught a few of them. Oddly enough, they were all on my Pokemon Emerald version. Gulpin, Geodude, and Magikarp. All caught during just random gameplay. I'm the proud owner of a naturally caught red Gyrados :D

Pokemon sun/moon was my first pokemon game ever (didn't know what a shiny was), and a few days in I came across a Masquerain which I was quite sure looked a strange colour. Then in its pokedex entry it had this little star, which bugged me because none of the others had it, so I ended up wonder trading poor masquerain away :p My other wild shiny was a Ditto.

I don't go hunting for shinies, but I've hatched quite a few during my breeding attempts; Alolan vulpixes, snivies, a gible, and some mimikyus. I've gotten several shinies through wondertrade too, though I suspect those were probably hacked :huh:

I play casual Pokemon a lot of the time, though I don't do stuff like shiny hunting. However, I did obtain one shiny Pokemon by luck years ago. My first Pokemon game was a copy of Pokemon Pearl that I received in 2008, and I played it way too much. But anyway, very early on in my playthrough (On the day I got the game actually), I encountered a shiny male Starly on Route 203. I was quite inexperienced with Pokemon at this stage (Since this was my first game, and my only previous play sessions of a Pokemon game was on my friend's Sapphire version), so I didn't originally know what it was! Luckily, another one of my friends was with me (Who was more experienced with the franchise), and he saw that the Starly was shiny, and so he told me to catch it at all costs!

Luckily, I was able to do just that, and I nicknamed him "SHINE" (I didn't realise I could use lower case letters at that point). I actually had another Starly in my main party at the time, but I quickly swapped it with the shiny one. SHINE was then in my main party throughout the whole main game, became a Staraptor and was even in the Hall of Fame! SHINE was also my first Pokemon that I levelled up to Level 100.

SHINE is still with me in my copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and is the oldest Pokemon that I caught in my collection (I traded away my other Pokemon Pearl main party members ages ago). His stats (Including EVs, IVs and the like) aren't that great, so he's useless competitively, but I still have him for the nostalgia. SHINE has been a great pal through all these years! I should transfer him to my copy of Pokemon Sun soon (As with everyone else lol).

The first shiny I ever found randomly was a Tangela on the SoulSilver cartridge I regrettably lost. He evolved into Tangrowth :p

Ummm... Other than that I've caught a couple shiny Magikarps, a shiny Sharpedo, and a shiny Finneon, all of which came from shiny hunting through fishing on Alpha Sapphire.

During my time playing Moon, I chained a shiny Rockruff and Stufful, hatched shiny Mareenie, Cutiefly, Slowpoke and Magikarp, and without even knowing it, I sent a Castform egg to my friend and when it hatched, it was a shiny!

In Omega Ruby, when I got the starting Pokeballs and went into the grass, I ended up encountering a shiny Zigzagoon!! I used it throughout my journey and it was extremely memorable

I've enjoyed reading all of your shiny stories! I actually just got another one this evening. It's a Bounsweet that I successfully chained in 70-80 encounters (I lost track :p ). I've named her Lavender because of the purple leaves on her head. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! A new Pokemon thread!

I've been playing Pokemon since the Gameboy Advance days, but I hadn't encountered any shiny Pokemon until I played X. I guess that triggered something because I got at least 8 more shinies within the same generation!

My first shiny encounter was a Dunsparce from the Friend Safari. I also got a shiny Electabuzz from the Friend Safari as well.

I was able to get a shiny Staryu and a shiny Clauncher from chain fishing. (I traded the shiny Clauncher to my history teacher in high school to give to his daughter who loved Pokemon.)

Probably my favorite shiny is my shiny Tyranitar named Shine Shine. I hatched her completely unexpectedly out of an egg. I EV trained her and gave her the Tyranitarite mega stone to hold. :) My shiny Dedenne and shiny Emolga were also hatched out of eggs.

I also own a digital copy of Pokemon Y on my 3DS and I was just playing a nuzlocke for fun, training up my Pokemon when I ran into a shiny Furfrou to my complete surprise. Furfrou is one of my favorite shinies because its normally white fur is black. I named her Ebony and transferred her over to my X file.

Lastly, I don't know if this counts as really being mine, but it was lucky all the same. Just this past Halloween I had hatched a bunch of Pumpkaboo to send over wondertrade. Imagine my surprise when I receive another Pumpkaboo in return... only, it's shiny!! The person named her Peekaboo and she was holding an everstone so she didn't evolve. It was the best treat I could have gotten on Halloween. :wub:

I've been playing Moon but I have yet to get a shiny. I'll probably try chaining for one eventually though. As for shinies on my wishlist.. I'd like to get a shiny Zubat someday so I can evolve it into a pink Crobat, as Crobat is my favorite Pokemon.

Happy shiny hunting everyone!

My first was a Magikarp in Pokemon Y, which I evolved and traded for 2 LVL 100 Pokerus shinies (I have a feeling they're hacked >~>) and a togepi, ponyta, clauncher, stuff like that. I get most through Friend Safari. Recently though I got a random shiny in Moon: A shiny torkoal.

I came across another shiny a couple days ago! We were heading to the beach when I found a shiny Vullaby in a friend safari in Pokemon Y. I named her Shadow because I thought it fit her pretty well. ^_^

The ones I've found myself were shiny Heatran and three shiny Nosepass, but I've also got a shiny Empoleon from wonder trade. The shinies come along when I'm not deliberately looking for them - even with Nosepass I was looking for a shiny Onix instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back