Tamagotchi emulator, 2nd beta.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA311

Reaction score
Hello,

This is a continuation from this post.

It is still incomplete, but I would appreciate it if you could help me test it while I continue working on it.

Added features:

• Teen stage (84 characters).
  • School, with a game per skill.
  • 13 more games at game centre.
  • Connection based on code exchange.
  • You can make friends at the park from 12 PM and exercise when there is nobody there.
  • Mail.

Here are some images from Sammy, the Ichigotchi:

vj8gl.jpg

About connection:

The connection feature (under the option online, even though it no longer connects to the internet), is code based.

dzfols.jpg

When you are in the connection screen (above) you can press c to copy your code to the clipboard and enter to introduce your friends code, which has to be copied to your clipboard.

You can also play with Tamagotchis you meet at the park without the need of using codes.

You can download it here!

*Note: Installing at the default location may be troublesome, so you should create a new folder for it yourselves*

Please tell me if you find any bugs or if you have any problems with it!

Bye!

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the original beta and loved it! The features you're including in this one seem insane. I can't wait to try this version out, though I'm stuck on an old Linux laptop for a few days so I'll have to wait a bit.

Any chance this will ever be available for Mac? I'm simply dying to try it out!

Any chance this will ever be available for Mac? I'm simply dying to try it out!
I am very happy to hear you are interested in the game, unfortunately, it seems like it is not possible to create a Mac installer from a Windows system. It seems like I would have to create a Virtual Machine for OS X and then create it there, but the explanations I have found thus far do not seem very clear...

I will continue to look at it, but my current priority is to continue the development of the game itself.

For now, I would suggest trying to get a Windows Virtual Machine on your computer, since in seems to be simpler, and it should work there.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Awesome! I downloaded it yesterday night. Can't wait to play around with it :D

I can't believe I haven't heard about this before. It seriously adorable and it has a ton of promise. I do have a few suggestions though.

It would be amazing if the entire game, exept text entry, were playable by mouse. Adding scroll and buy buttons on the shop screens would be a life saver, as the player wouldn't have to switch between mouse and keyboard (this would probably have to replace the shopkeeper sprites)

Toutorial screens for the games would be really great

And now for some feature requests!

Talking to your character (like on the 4u)

Mod support

Accesories for adults

Gay tama marriage (just something that I always wanted on a tamagotchi)

I can't believe I haven't heard about this before. It seriously adorable and it has a ton of promise. I do have a few suggestions though.

It would be amazing if the entire game, exept text entry, were playable by mouse. Adding scroll and buy buttons on the shop screens would be a life saver, as the player wouldn't have to switch between mouse and keyboard (this would probably have to replace the shopkeeper sprites)

Toutorial screens for the games would be really great
Thank you for leaving a comment! You are right about it being better to make all the game playable by mouse. I will change it for the next beta!

Some games are a bit hard to understand, so it is true that I should add something to clarify the rules. So far I have only added some hints in the backgrounds of some.

24pgu9k.jpg

And now for some feature requests!

Talking to your character (like on the 4u)

Mod support

Accesories for adults

Gay tama marriage (just something that I always wanted on a tamagotchi)
-This would be nice, but in the 4U, for example, each character has its own way of speaking, which would be almost impossible to do with the amount of characters this has. Plus, unlike in the modern Tamagotchis, I am imagining them as subspecies rather than a single character. (i.e: Instead of there being only 1 Gozarutchi, there are many different Gozarutchis with distinct personalities.)

Since I am already using some sort of "individual values", I could use them to determine the way of speaking of each Tamagotchi.

-I am not exactly sure of what you mean by Mod support, could you please explain?

-I also considered clothing/accessories, but these only worked in the modern versions because the characters had similar body types. Since I am also using characters from the vintage era, it would be much harder to implement such function.

-...How else would my OTP be cannon? (Plus, I do not have to add a gender filter that way!)

2ywbbc3.jpg

Development report:

wgw1vc.jpg

Thank you for leaving a comment! You are right about it being better to make all the game playable by mouse. I will change it for the next beta!

Some games are a bit hard to understand, so it is true that I should add something to clarify the rules. So far I have only added some hints in the backgrounds of some.

24pgu9k.jpg

-This would be nice, but in the 4U, for example, each character has its own way of speaking, which would be almost impossible to do with the amount of characters this has. Plus, unlike in the modern Tamagotchis, I am imagining them as subspecies rather than a single character. (i.e: Instead of there being only 1 Gozarutchi, there are many different Gozarutchis with distinct personalities.)

Since I am already using some sort of "individual values", I could use them to determine the way of speaking of each Tamagotchi.

-I am not exactly sure of what you mean by Mod support, could you please explain?

-I also considered clothing/accessories, but these only worked in the modern versions because the characters had similar body types. Since I am also using characters from the vintage era, it would be much harder to implement such function.

-...How else would my OTP be cannon? (Plus, I do not have to add a gender filter that way!)

2ywbbc3.jpg

Development report:

wgw1vc.jpg
- That's understandable. it would be great if we could interact with our pet on the main screen by clicking on it. Kinda like a c button animation

- mod support = the ability to make our own items/foods/games/ect

- That's a shame, i was thinking as long as their heads are in roughly the same place thing like hats and glasses would work. i guess not

- :D :wub:

One extra suggestion; the ability to resize the game window (like to 2x, 3x and 4x)

- That's understandable. it would be great if we could interact with our pet on the main screen by clicking on it. Kinda like a c button animation

- mod support = the ability to make our own items/foods/games/ect

- That's a shame, i was thinking as long as their heads are in roughly the same place thing like hats and glasses would work. i guess not

- :D :wub:

One extra suggestion; the ability to resize the game window (like to 2x, 3x and 4x)
There is already some mod support. You can use custom backgrounds by placing a 240 px x 160 px .png image in the folder named "Backgrounds". These will become available for purchase at the 'Remodel' option at the TamaDepa.

Making more complex things like items or games would be more difficult, but I do plan to add some more mod support.

2lxxikl.jpg

Being able to resize the window is a good idea, so, I will think of a method to implement it!

Hey! I absolutely love this concept, it's super fun to play and mess around with too! Now will you be making a growth chart with it or are you gonna keep things secret? I think it's fun either way, I'm just wondering. Keep up the good work though, I really hope to see some cool new features in the future! :3

Hey! I absolutely love this concept, it's super fun to play and mess around with too! Now will you be making a growth chart with it or are you gonna keep things secret? I think it's fun either way, I'm just wondering. Keep up the good work though, I really hope to see some cool new features in the future! :3
Thank you!

I will not reveal the growth chart yet, but when I finish the complete version of the game I will put it in a spoiler, so people can ignore it if they want to.

Also, regarding the other message about the fast pace, I think I will add a tutorial screen before the games (as suggested by Igel-Fullmetal), so people can get prepared for the game.

(The screen will not go away until it is clicked on)

scr_zpspnbr3dm7.png

wow, know this is definitely a more interesting then that over tamagotchi emulator, aslo if you are doing test builds every now and again may i suggest you do what yandaredev the creator of yandare simulator does and make a blog that introduces new builds from time to time.

You can make a blog on wordpress and even upload builds on there.

It's just a suggestion, i will defiantly try it out.

Thank you!

I will not reveal the growth chart yet, but when I finish the complete version of the game I will put it in a spoiler, so people can ignore it if they want to.

Also, regarding the other message about the fast pace, I think I will add a tutorial screen before the games (as suggested by Igel-Fullmetal), so people can get prepared for the game.

(The screen will not go away until it is clicked on)

scr_zpspnbr3dm7.png
Not to be too pushy, but if you need help with art, i am more than happy to aide you.

Not to be too pushy, but if you need help with art, i am more than happy to aide you.
There are lots of adult characters yet to be sprited, so I would be more than happy if you would like to help me!

If you are want to help me with that, please send me a PM!

Honestly, if I had to sprite all characters on my own, I think I would die...

scr_zpsvp2iu3qf.png

I can't wait to download this when I get home!

I remember when you first started working on it and its coming out great it seems!

Great Work!

Got it working and I love it! Thought of a few recommendations

1. Being able to increase the window size. Its kinda hard to see and makes games more difficult. The back buttons are kinda small also.

2. Same items taking up 1 slot.

3. Controls page and maybe a mini guide on how everything works.

If only this was a app...though even if it was it wouldn't be able to be put on the app store and would have to be downloaded somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it working and I love it! Thought of a few recommendations

1. Being able to increase the window size. Its kinda hard to see and makes games more difficult. The back buttons are kinda small also.

2. Same items taking up 1 slot.

3. Controls page and maybe a mini guide on how everything works.

If only this was a app...though even if it was it wouldn't be able to be put on the app store and would have to be downloaded somewhere else.

I am glad you like it!

1. I included something for increasing the screen size recently, but I still need to work on it.
  2. This could be useful, so I will think of a way of implementing it. Thank you!
  3. I added tutorial screens before games and I will write a long guide which will be released alongside the final version of the emulator when it is done. (It will be a while, though...)
8ygv0w.jpg

When I was first thinking of making this, I did consider making it an app, but since I do not have a smartphone myself, I thought it would be too difficult to test.

Thank you for your comment and suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back