I'm having problems with connecting my iDL to my computer :/

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasu

Reaction score
So, I line up the IR to my tama. My tama detects it and says it's connecting, but nothing happens on my laptop. How do I make my laptop detect my tama? Thanks.

The IR connection on the device is only meant for short-term direct file transfers and not for giving other devices direct access to it like a USB drive or something.

Sure it can detect your computer's IR but it does not know how to communicate with it hence it times out after a few seconds of no activity.

If you're trying to connect a m!x, it's using a non-standard IR transfer protocol that only another m!x or a m!x station can connect with it. In short words, it's not going to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The IR connection on the device is only meant for short-term direct file transfers and not for giving other devices direct access to it like a USB drive or something.

Sure it can detect your computer's IR but it does not know how to communicate with it hence it times out after a few seconds of no activity.

If you're trying to connect a m!x, it's using a non-standard IR transfer protocol that only another m!x or a m!x station can connect with it. In short words, it's not going to work.
No, it's not detecting my tama at all. I know it's meant to time out after a little while. But it doesn't detect it at all. Although the tama detects detects the IR, the laptop does not detect the tama. And no, I'm trying to connect an iDL.

Are you able to use the IR for any other purposes? There is a possibility that you may not have the driver installed.

Regardless of anything else, for the most part, I haven't seen anyone who got it to work. They usually buy infrared-capable phones to do the job.

Are you able to use the IR for any other purposes? There is a possibility that you may not have the driver installed.

Regardless of anything else, for the most part, I haven't seen anyone who got it to work. They usually buy infrared-capable phones to do the job.
driver?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then it's no longer advisable or you to proceed. I wouldn't suggest you fiddle with it anymore as you may damage your computer.

Just grab an IR-capable phone and save yourself the hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back