Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Version Do you want/Are you gonna get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asmexus

Reaction score
Hey guys, as I'm sure you know there was a Nintendo Pokemon direct this morning that revealed that there will be two new games coming this November!

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon!

I know a lot of people were looking for a Switch release or Diamond and Pearl remakes and may be dissapointed, but I for one am pretty hyped up! (I would have liked DP remakes too, but all in due time my friends.)

Anyway, thought I'd make a topic to discuss the upcoming games as we wait for the release.

Which version do you want? And which starter will you start with this time? (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio)

For me I think I want Ultra Moon and as for the starter... I'm unsure but I used Rowlet in Moon. So probably one of the other two.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what other upcoming news they release. From the looks of it, the legendary Solgaleo/Lunala is fused/combined with Necrozma?

I didn't like the Sun/Moon plot too much either...Prior to the release date I was hyped up, but now it just left a mixture of good and bad for me.

To be honest I'm still a little disappointed at how X/Y didn't get a sequel game. The life/death theme had potential, if only they developed the story even more.

The Legendary Pokemon Necrozma fusions are very reminiscent of Black2/White2 to me, and I think if USM is anything like it, it will be an amazing game.

So it was mostly plot that you didn't like about Sun and Moon? I feel that many people liked it for the plot but not so much for the gameplay or postgame. I thought the plot was decent, maybe not the best, but definitely one of the more story heavy games in the series. I was also impressed by gameplay and visually, man the game looked stunning. Postgame was lacking, I'll admit that. Battle Tree only provides so much, and if you aren't into competitive battling... Well, there's not much left to do at all.

Black2/White2 had one of the best postgames in the entire series so I'm hoping, since USM reminds me so much of BW2 that it'll be similar? Any updates to post game would be appreciated anyway.

I think the problem with so many people and Sun and Moon was that they were expecting too much. Too much hype for things that may or may not happen. Most of the first games in the series don't shine in terms of postgame, and are usually added in sequels or third versions. But I understand, if it was mainly plot you didn't like, that can be a reason for mixed feelings/discontent.

Also I can totally agree with you about X/Y. X/Y again was a game that not many people liked, but I thought it was great, especially as the first 3DS Pokemon game. The plot to me felt like it had a lot of potential but was lacking in many ways, I think a third game or a sequel would have remedied the problem, and added extra story that would have fleshed out the game more.

Anyway, I don't think people should be too quick to judge Ultra Sun and Moon because we don't know what it has to offer yet. All I can hope is that it gives people that didn't like Sun and Moon another chance to explore the Alola region and maybe come to tolerate or even like it.

I didn't expect a new main series Pokemon release so soon! But then again, the series has been getting a new game every 1-2 years for a long time now, so I shouldn't be that shocked. Regardless of this, I'm already quite excited!

As for what version... Hmm... I got Sun last time, and if Ultra Sun/Moon are Gen VII's B2W2 like what I think, it seems that Ultra Sun will be the most natural successor to Sun. But then again, this might give me a chance to get Ultra Moon as well to enjoy both of the version "Themes". I dunno yet on that one. Same with the starters. I picked Rowlet in Sun and loved it, but USM could give me a chance to experience one of the others. But Decidueye is way too cool... *Drools*

In my personal opinion, I actually liked Sun and Moon's story. It wasn't perfect, certainly, but I enjoyed these games more in that department than X and Y. If US/M is a sequel, then it might make the whole Alola arc even better. At the same time though, as mentioned by others in this thread, it also makes me wish that X/Y had sequels or something. Those games seemed a little... incomplete to me.

Anyway, I wasn't surprised that they're on the 3DS. Game Freak have been a "late adopter" to new consoles since the beginning, seeming to prefer mature devices with a huge install base. It only cements Pokemon's popularity in a more secure way. Assuming the Switch gets main series Pokemon at all, I think that we'll have to wait for Generation VIII before the new console gets a Pokemon title, and this will still probably be in a couple of years.

I'm so excited! I liked the characters in Sun and Moon, so it was a good game in my opinion. Black 2 and White 2 (sequels to black/white, similar to this situation) really saved generation five for me. I'm excited to see what will be announced for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon at E3, if they announce anything at all.

Too soon to say which version I'll be getting or what starter. As for post game content no game has ever been able to compare to Gen 2 (in which after you beat jhoto you went back to kanto and had to explore than entire region and battle the 8 gym leaders so it's like 2 games in one) so I have never been all that impressed with post game after gen 2.

Sun and moon is giving me some serious gen 5 flash backs (and i am not all that up and up with gen 5, when I was playing X still not done but further than I had ever gotten, I had so much trouble in figuring out if it was a new pokemon or just one from a gen I am not so familiar with like the blue and red fighting dudes... I thought they were gen 6 and nope gen 5). But sun and moon are amazing games, I love the music and all the small changes they made to the battle bottom screen, and I love the call for help feature made grinding easier, and I love the story behind some encounters (the one that eats corsola, or goomy is only found in the rain), and I actually love the story so far with sun and moon, we are seeing a pokemon league being made from the ground up how amazing is that, plus the whole plot arch with Guzma (my favourite character ever) and the rich history of the region and the culture clash we see, and the whole lusamine.. well she was a little stereotypical of the evil female villian so no surprise there but over all I like the suble obvious RPG plot twists

So too soon to judge which one I'll be getting, I am more concerned of will pokemon crystal be released on virtual console with gold and silver or will I have to wait for that... I started with rowlet... and I don't think I could go with anyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back