Who would be interested in a Digimon/Tamagotchi crossover fanfic?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmagic616

Reaction score
I've been feeling creative and "writy" lately and I never went through my "fanfic" phase when I was younger so I figured I should scratch that off the list. I think it may help with my writers block, however I don't want to write an "unwanted" story.

I love both the Digimon and the Tamagotchi lines of Virtual Pets and since they both are made by Bandai I figured maybe the two franchises interacting may be interesting to say the least.

I was thinking of maybe starting off a little "cliche'e" with something like a group of Tamas opening a wormhole or something and winding up in the Digital World and interacting with their more competitive counterparts.

The Digimon won't be like the ones from the shows, but more akin to their V-pet versions, so monsters that are driven to fight in the spirit of competition in order to get stronger.(or in the case of Numemon just be a lazy, crazy dude :) if you raise a Digimon you'll get that )

let me know if this is a crossover you'd be interested in

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaay, sounds cool! I'm not too much into the know about Digimon, but I just got over my writer's block too and I'm happy to see whatcha got! :) I do think the start will be a bit off-putting, at least to me. But hey, at least the Tamas get to go to another place instead of what happens most of the time. Can't wait to see how you play this out! Good luck. ;)

The idea doesn't sound too bad to me, especially since it sounds like you might give a detailed and creative view of both virtual pets. Personally, I've always been looking for Tamagotchi fiction that had a real world setting, not a roleplay or anime-based story. I've delayed looking through the Fanfiction forums for realistic stories because I'm not very interested in the non-Tamagotchi content, content which I might find everywhere else. To be a bit more direct, I am interested in your idea and especially if you retain or reinterpret aspects of the physical virtual pets.

I can give you one suggestion on the startup. Both Tamagotchi and Digimon devices have a whole cast of different characters obtainable in one run and also an endless supply of them provided the owner has batteries. Due to this fact, you can creatively interpret this as all characters coexists inside the device but only one is seen at a time. Additionally, because the device is the creature's home, you can also creatively interpret it as we are only allowed to see one part of it while actually, there is a whole other world behind the screen (or there always was but we don't have the eyes to see it). Thus, if there was some kinda of leakage, transfer, or some other kind hardware malfunction between a real world Tamagotchi and real word Digimon, you can use that scenario to have either creatures cast into the world of the other.

I doubt that's cliché and since I have freely given my idea, you may freely alter it ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back