Best Colored Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchigeek14

Reaction score
I recently bought a tamagotchi 4U and I really do like it. It's cute, but also kind of simple. My main problem is that I don't have access to the app where you can download more content and most likely never will. I've been raising tamagotchi's for thirteen years now and I really want a tamagotchi that is booming with content, a bit of a challenge to raise (I'll regret that when I go back to work I'm sure haha), and is in color.

So I'm asking the tamatalk community to help me find the perfect colored tama. Something that has a lot of content and preferably little to no download content where I have to actually be in Japan or have to have an app or something for it. I've been looking at the new M!x's which look interesting with the genetic aspect of it and the Sanrio version is super adorable, but what about the others? I've heard a lot of good things about the ID L, but doesn't that require a lot of downloadable stuff too?

If you guys can help and tell me in your opinion which is the best colored tamagotchi I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys~

I recently bought a tamagotchi 4U and I really do like it. It's cute, but also kind of simple. My main problem is that I don't have access to the app where you can download more content and most likely never will. I've been raising tamagotchi's for thirteen years now and I really want a tamagotchi that is booming with content, a bit of a challenge to raise (I'll regret that when I go back to work I'm sure haha), and is in color.

So I'm asking the tamatalk community to help me find the perfect colored tama. Something that has a lot of content and preferably little to no download content where I have to actually be in Japan or have to have an app or something for it. I've been looking at the new M!x's which look interesting with the genetic aspect of it and the Sanrio version is super adorable, but what about the others? I've heard a lot of good things about the ID L, but doesn't that require a lot of downloadable stuff too?

If you guys can help and tell me in your opinion which is the best colored tamagotchi I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys~
To me the ID L is, but that means it's also the worst as it is the only colour tama I have ever used.

I like the ID L though. It is pretty simple and easy to learn and I don't know a lick of Japanese. Using a guide online I was able to learn all the things to it and was able to recognize what cluster of Japanese letters did what :p

I think you can patch it to English... but I'm unsure. English ID Ls do exist as well, but are a lot more expensive and harder to find. :(

The ID L is overall pretty low maintenance and hard to make leave you from my experience.

Thank's for the insight Nozatchi25, I really appreciate it~

That's also really good that its hard for the tama to leave you since when I start work again I'll be leaving it on at work and just checking on it a few times throughout the day (I don't like to leave it paused or at the daycare since it can slow the growth of the tamagotchi).

My only big concern with the IDL is that it looks expensive to buy on ebay and amazon. Oh well. Nothing I can really do about that.

Thanks again for the reply!

Well all the color versions are:
+C, iD, iDL, P's, 4U/4U+, m!x

The ones we've owned are:

iDL, P's, 4U+, and m!x

The iDL is nice and has a good replayability factor, plus a really nice TaMaToMo system that keeps you going down the generations to collect them all. Unfortunately, the iDL is incredibly difficult, and it dies VERY easily.

The m!x also had replayability and is quite easy, but there's no TaMaToMo-esque system that makes you feel like you've accomplished something as you go down the generations. Don't get me wrong, the m!x is fantastic, but it has no way to "100%" it.

The P's fixes both these issues quite nicely. The Puzzle Piece system is like TaMaToMo and gives a sense of"complete-ness," while also being just difficult enough that you have to care for it, but not stress over it. In my opiniong, the P's is the best color Tamagotchi

Thank you Kajah995 for replying! I really appreciate the insight.

Well I've also heard that the P's are good, but don't you have to buy a lot of those pin accessories for the top of it to get content? Is that true or can you just play the tama naturally without having to buy the pins for all the extra content? I mean is it still enjoyable with a lot of content without the pins?

Also do you know how much they are?

Also surprisingly I'm finding some ID L's for as low as 40 bucks on ebay (used). That is significantly cheaper than the ID L's on amazon (which go for closer to 80 dollars). Sadly the P's are running for about 90-100 dollars on both amazon and ebay. Can I trust that ebay has the ID L's for cheap and I wonder why...?

Thank you Kajah995 for replying! I really appreciate the insight.

Well I've also heard that the P's are good, but don't you have to buy a lot of those pin accessories for the top of it to get content? Is that true or can you just play the tama naturally without having to buy the pins for all the extra content? I mean is it still enjoyable with a lot of content without the pins?

Also do you know how much they are?
You don't NEED pierces to have fun with the P's. Yes, they add fun content, but the P's is plenty enjoyable on its own. P's can range from $30-$100 depending on which type, but you're most likely gonna find them around the $50 range

The P's are very good for color Tamas, I'd second the recommendation. There's emphasis on deco pierces but not enough that it strips the content from the system in favor of them. Plus if you've got an old cellphone with IR built in you can send virtual deco pierces to the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back