Huedango Talk

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magical_butterfly

Reaction score
Decerion created a game called Huédango in 2017. It is quite similar to Tomagotchi.

This game starts out as you selecting an element then an egg, once it hatches to a juvenile it has a second (mature) stage. Each creature has a Fauna File as the game calls it with details about each creature.

The game purposely went for an old school game boy like feel.

What you think about this game?

TM edit: A little too much promotional text and linkage to comply with our site rules, so I've edited it.

However, as a member of TamaTalk, you are very welcome to promote and link to info about this game in your signature message only. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way you worded your post makes me rather curious if you are actually from Decerion. But even if you are them, I am not bothered.

What I am concerned with about Huédango is whether there are animations for the dinosaurs as none of the previews (both that trailer and, on the same channel, a video showing the gameplay) show any movement. Even the original 1996 Tamagotchi - and the multitude of copies - had the characters moving, even if it was something as simple as marching on the spot. I could go even further with this point, but all I will say is that in order for anything to appear alive - which is the goal of all virtual pets - there must be movement.

In regards to the "old school game boy like feel", I don't see a noticeable impression. I've played quite a few retro games - mostly from the Gameboy era - and I am fond of pixel art. To me the graphics look like they are from a Nintendo DS because they are so polished, and retro graphics would either be rough 3D models or pixel art. I've seen enough pixel art to know that rich details are possible in this medium - even if it is merely black and white.

In regards to the gameplay, I'm not sure what to expect. From the previews offered, the stat meters appear to deplete very fast which implies the creature needs allot of attention. A good virtual pet should have a balance in the care required, otherwise it is unpleasant to use. Also, how care is given to the creatures in Huédango appears to be simply pressing a button, which is not very engaging as most virtual pets would have a practical interaction - such as feeding and playing. I can't comment on anymore than what the previews offer as the only other option is buying the game, and I would like to see more before I buy anything.

To sum up my feelings, Huédango looks like it offers a primitive virtual pet experience that would not even rival the original 1996 Tamagotchi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back