How I Got Zatchi - A P2 Observation

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Today I was surprised to glance over at Okro my Zuccitchi and see that she had changed into none other than the secret character on the P2, Zatchi. I was not aiming for Zatchi at all but rather running a series of experiments on my P2 to see what certain variables would result in. My original goal has changed from finding the healthiest way to achieve the worst care character and thus keep them alive for longer - which, thanks to StarBlade's observations, cannot be altered - and instead I aim to find what is relevant to P2 and P1 growth. So to have some variety in my series of experiments, I decided to care for Okro with only three variables: no discipline, average care, and no care mistakes.

Okro received no discipline in her toddler years and I think she was attended to after her meters dropped halfway. She was also not fed any snacks and she evolved into the good care teen, thus proving discipline does not influence which teen character is achieved. In her teen years she received more or less the same consistent care, perhaps with her meters depleting down to one heart a few times. She then evolved into Zuccitchi, which surprised me since I expected a worse character.

I knew that Zuccitchi can become the secret character as I came across this when reading some old Tamagotchi websites. I had also gotten Zatchi before, with great effort and excellent care. But I decided to simply let Okro live out her lifespan as a Zuccitchi since the back cover my P2 had was a replacement developed out of trial and error, and a shorter lifespan might let me finally see a Tamagotchi dying - what I had never witness because my vintages kept resetting. So I was incredibly lax in my care of Okro, filling her meters once they were half empty and a handful of times her meters got down to one, but never fully emptied. I did make sure to catch all her disciplines just for the fun of it, and also because the discipline sound is unique from the other sounds on the P2. She got sick around yesterday and I was divided between this being a sign of her going to evolve or a sign she would be passing on. But as I have mentioned, the result of all my care resulted in her turning into Zatchi. After my shock, my next thought was a partial inner sigh of how this would be a long haul.

Okro stands as a contradiction to the general advice to obtain Zatchi, that one must give the utmost perfect care. Okro also does something else as well since her care matches up with Hugo, the tamagotchi I ran in the Summer Hatch that ultimately turned into a Mimitchi. This strengthens my hypothesis that what determines a vintage Tamagotchis growth is not actually how high the meters are kept but actually discipline. I still have allot to test - such as care mistakes and how both these tamas came from the same device - and the bulk of that testing will take place in a P2 experiment log I plan to write one day. But for now, I thought I should share my observations of how the P2 may not be as rigidly programmed as is commonly believed.

"This strengthens my hypothesis that what determines a vintage Tamagotchis growth is not actually how high the meters are kept but actually discipline.

Interestingly, I had this same thought with the Connections. I seriously thought it was very strongly based on how high the meters were kept and discipline was a smaller factor but, in my first attempt at a bad care character on my V3, I let its meters drop to 0 all the time and hardly ever let them fill past 2. I got one of the best care teens. The only thing I could think of was the same thing you did: Discipline. I praised/disciplined when she asked for it. In my second go-round, I took way better care of the child, hardly ever letting its meters drop to 0 and actually filling them a couple times, but ignored all of its discipline calls, and got the worst care teen.

I also remember, in Katherine's (Mimitchi Kat) Tama logs, she talks about this kind of thing a lot, mostly with the Angelgotchi if I remember. She said she took absolutely horrible care of a few Tamas but still somehow got the good care characters. I believe she also mentioned something about discipline in those.

Now, it may have already been proven that discipline is what determines it on the Connections, I don't know :p I haven't found any specific info on it and as far as I can tell, though, and people seem to think there are sometimes variables for tama growth that the unit doesn't show us. It is really odd how things like this happen.

Sorry, I don't have a P1 or P2 to help you experiment right now... but I love talking about the inner workings of game mechanics so I couldn't help but respond since I had very similar thoughts about my Connections :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, hello again, Knight!

About getting Zuccitchi- All that is needed for Zuccitchi is not letting the hearts deplete entirely as Tongaritchi, no poop sleeping, and 50% total discipline. For example, if you didn't discipline at all as Tonmarutchi, then catch ALL of Tongaritchi's calls. If you catch all of Tonmarutchi's discipline calls, then there is no need for further discipline as a teen.

As for getting Zatchi, that is something I have yet to achieve.

As a matter of fact, the only P1/P2 secret character I have ever gotten is Bill, and that was more or less an accident.

Now as for why I came out of the woodwork to make a post after all these months, is frankly because of basically the same topic at hand here.

I have expanded my vintage collection in the last few months, and I now among them is- a Japanese P2 Series 1, a Japanese P2 Series 2, a Japanese Angel, a Genjintch, and last but not least, the rare 1997 Hong Kong Collectors Edition P1 (which I'm working on figuring out if it has Bill or Oyajitchi).

I cannot for the life of me get Zatchi, Sekitoritchi, and especially Charitchi! Shouldn't be hard for me given I've gotten Ningyotchi on my Umino THREE TIMES!

Hoping I can get some help on getting at least Charitchi.

"This strengthens my hypothesis that what determines a vintage Tamagotchis growth is not actually how high the meters are kept but actually discipline.

Interestingly, I had this same thought with the Connections. I seriously thought it was very strongly based on how high the meters were kept and discipline was a smaller factor but, in my first attempt at a bad care character on my V3, I let its meters drop to 0 all the time and hardly ever let them fill past 2. I got one of the best care teens. The only thing I could think of was the same thing you did: Discipline. I praised/disciplined when she asked for it. In my second go-round, I took way better care of the child, hardly ever letting its meters drop to 0 and actually filling them a couple times, but ignored all of its discipline calls, and got the worst care teen.
From my experience with the V3, I'm pretty sure what teen you get is random. In fact, this growth chart proves that every single teen has the potential to turn into Mametchi or Mimitchi. The unpredictability of the V3 is one of the reasons I have come to appreciate it, besides being my first Tamagotchi. It seems the connection models that use stats have the teen characters divided by family and, at least for the V4 and V4.5, only really bad care alters anything.

I also remember, in Katherine's (Mimitchi Kat) Tama logs, she talks about this kind of thing a lot, mostly with the Angelgotchi if I remember. She said she took absolutely horrible care of a few Tamas but still somehow got the good care characters. I believe she also mentioned something about discipline in those.

Sorry, I don't have a P1 or P2 to help you experiment right now... but I love talking about the inner workings of game mechanics so I couldn't help but respond since I had very similar thoughts about my Connections :)
Ahh, the Angelgotchi is notorious for being incredibly hardy. To get a bad care character it has to be put on hardcore neglect otherwise, with whatever level of care, the best characters are practically guaranteed. It gets to be a bit amusing when people actually worry about the Angelgotchi thinking they are jeopardizing anything. Eventually I'll get around to experimenting with that version too but for now, all experimenting is temporarily on hold till I finish my courses. I perhaps might eventually start the log I mentioned next year, which is not too far off. I actually got the idea that discipline was important for character growth from reading Kat's logs. I like talking about the inner workings too, as that can be quite intriguing.

About getting Zuccitchi- All that is needed for Zuccitchi is not letting the hearts deplete entirely as Tongaritchi, no poop sleeping, and 50% total discipline. For example, if you didn't discipline at all as Tonmarutchi, then catch ALL of Tongaritchi's calls. If you catch all of Tonmarutchi's discipline calls, then there is no need for further discipline as a teen.
Ahh, but StarBlade, Okro turned into a Zuccitchi with no discipline in her entire life. Thus, discipline is irrelevant for achieving Zuccitchi ;)

I cannot for the life of me get Zatchi, Sekitoritchi, and especially Charitchi! Shouldn't be hard for me given I've gotten Ningyotchi on my Umino THREE TIMES!
I've heard some rumors that getting Zatchi might be random but I hope to eventually prove whether that is true or not. All I can really say is keep at it and I'm sure you'll get those secret characters, after all you've proved your diligence with those Ningyotchis.

Interesting. Such a method for obtaining Zuccitchi is rather unusual, but if it can work...

Well what I can deduce from this information is that my method is a foolproof way of getting Zuccitchi, and yours is... well, something that definitely needs more study for sure!

As for an update on my P1/P2's running, my Hong Kong P1 showed sickness for secret character evolution, but its been more than 24 hours since that so I'm concerned that it might not change. Especially because I want to know if the Hong Kong one has Oyajitchi, or Bill. See, as I understand it, the Hong Kong Collectors P1 was the first English tama. Thus, being in between Japanese and international releases. It also has a slightly different plastic mold for the battery door, as the area around the screw holes is more raised.

PS- My Genjintch left me yesterday. Was the cavegirl (Genjin-Galtchi). RIP my Genjinko~

Hi Knighttchi,

Just thought I would contribute a little to this. I currently have a Zukitchi who failed to become Zatchi. I got all of Tonmarutchi's discipline, so I didn't discipline Tongaritchi at all. I almost always let the meters fall to 2 empty on both hunger and happiness and a few times I let one of them drop to 3 empty. I got Zukitchi at age 5 and then proceeded to take perfect care. By age 8, I had the discipline filled to 100% and I always kept the hearts full. Maybe twice I let the hungry meter fall to 2 empty, but that's it. He is 15 years old now and will be leaving me soon.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, psychotama. From what you said I wonder now if there might be something unique about the combination of variables, such as if no discipline and the presence of discipline are treated differently. It is looking like next year is when I'll start documented experiments with my vintages since I'm backed up on my other logs and I have three vintages that I want to pass on, but they are in limbo currently. Your observations did help since I marked out a test category of disciplining only in the toddler stage ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back