Sign in to follow this  
pinkbutterflies

Some Tama Town throwbacks to my old tamas

I found a folder full of my old Tamagotchi things from 2007. I was super into tamas and especially keeping up with family lines. As I looked through all of the vacation pictures I'd printed, I was disappointed for a moment thinking I wouldn't remember their names- only to find I'd kept a list of each family member I'd taken on vacation and printed out.

I thought it was a cool blast from the past (maybe just for me though lol) and didn't know where to post this. The family line featured in these pictures is actually still kickin' on my v4.5- I haven't run it in years, but I'm on generation 32 or something. I got bored of it when I couldn't seem to stop repeating the same characters over and over- perhaps a curse of running one for so long.

1679g0m.jpg

1g1uoo.jpg

md1fef.jpg

I remember the story of that hand drawing, and for explanation, I was in 5th grade and running my V2 (my first tama). A lot of girls in my class also had tamas, and we'd have them all get married if they were the same age. My friend and I had ours mate, and then she connected with our other friend. That connection error happened where it glitches on one side but the tama still visits the other- and her tamagotchi actually had three sons (the twins with mine and then a third boy with our other friend). I never would've remembered that happening without the drawing, s/o to 2005 me.

Lastly, those charts were not mine but I included them for nostalgia's sake. I really liked looking at them as a kid and could never seem to find them online again. I used a lot of printer ink, that's for sure.

EDIT: didn't realize Photobucket now charges a large sum to embed. Yikes. I'm so glad the photos even worked in the preview so they could bait-and-switch. Added the pics I refer to

Edited by pinkbutterflies
  • Like 2

*Topic moved to 'What's On Your Mind'*

One of the first thoughts to come to my mind was "You had a colour printer!". I spent most of my life and am still spending it with a black and white printer. Seeing a colour print out seems so... fancy. I like how you had a chart of all the different versions' characters since they look so nice standing next to each other in a uniform style. That's a funny story behind that drawing.

The V4-4.5 tamas seem to run on a different growth formula that I am just beginning to figure out, but it seems to rule out care mistakes as a way to achieve different characters (except in extreme cases). It was looking to be that I would always get the same characters on my V4 so that fact it died from neglect isn't too bad of a fate. I've come to appreciate my V3 a bit more now.

One of the first thoughts to come to my mind was "You had a colour printer!". I spent most of my life and am still spending it with a black and white printer. Seeing a colour print out seems so... fancy. I like how you had a chart of all the different versions' characters since they look so nice standing next to each other in a uniform style. That's a funny story behind that drawing.

The V4-4.5 tamas seem to run on a different growth formula that I am just beginning to figure out, but it seems to rule out care mistakes as a way to achieve different characters (except in extreme cases). It was looking to be that I would always get the same characters on my V4 so that fact it died from neglect isn't too bad of a fate. I've come to appreciate my V3 a bit more now.

Yes! My V2 broke by neglect at some point after I switched it out in favor of my V4, and I came to regret that so much. I loved my 4.5 but I just got so bored of the way the characters were decided, it was too predictable. I was a bit younger when I ran the V2 but seeing what characters I'd get was exciting, I wasn't planning and knowing from the child stage what my character could be

Exactly. When I came to learn that such and such teen character would evolve into such and such adult based on such and such stats, I felt so limited. The V1-3 on the other hand, seem to operate by both care mistakes and generations so that it is guaranteed there will be some new characters popping up. Additionally, I've found ways to mix up my care strategy such as taking bad care till the teen stage and then average care afterwards. The semi-unfortunate thing is that the newer versions seem to operate by fixed quantities such as care mistakes or gender, which remove any sort of surprise if you've run it a few times.

Exactly. When I came to learn that such and such teen character would evolve into such and such adult based on such and such stats, I felt so limited. The V1-3 on the other hand, seem to operate by both care mistakes and generations so that it is guaranteed there will be some new characters popping up. Additionally, I've found ways to mix up my care strategy such as taking bad care till the teen stage and then average care afterwards. The semi-unfortunate thing is that the newer versions seem to operate by fixed quantities such as care mistakes or gender, which remove any sort of surprise if you've run it a few times.

I honestly do think that's what's kept me from running a tama for so long. Part of the fun of them was the element of surprise, so knowing exactly what character I was going to get got boring once I'd had them all and was even worse because I couldn't seem to get any Kuchi family no matter what I did. So I could manipulate whatever character I wanted but only in the same two character trees :P I do remember that the V3 used to run even-and-odd gens.