Sign in to follow this  
Angelgotchmaster

Tamagotchi P's shut off?

Alright, so this is a more recent issue which I have not encountered before on any Tama I own.

So I started my Tamagotchi P's up two days ago. I added new batteries, as the last ones were dead. It ran well for a while, but an hour or two later, I went to press the buttons to check on my Tama, and the screen wouldn't turn on/wake from sleep mode. The tamagotchi was completely unresponsive. I naturally opened the back to perform a reset, but that didn't work either. I had to instead remove the batteries and put them back in to reset the tamagotchi and get it to turn on again. This seems to happen every day. Two or 3 times yesterday and then again when I woke up this morning I found it had done it again. My poor Tama will never grow if this keeps happening! To my knowledge, nothing has specifically triggered it. Whether I have used the tamagotchi seconds ago or an hour ago, it still seems to happen. It's also very random, as there is no battery warning, so I can't imagine they're just dying I am really not sure here. I could use any help.

The batteries I put in were brand new, and when I got this tama I had gotten it new in box. I definitely cannot afford to have to get a new one, so hopefully there is some kind of fix.

I know you mentioned that the batteries are new but i recommend perhaps trying another batch of batteries? (from a whole new package) Maybe the batteries you have are faulty :huh: Better that than your tama! Or instead you can perhaps test those batteries out with another electronic device to see if it reacts the same way your tama did. Either way I really hope it works out! :unsure:

Edited by daintydiana

I know you mentioned that the batteries are new but i recommend perhaps trying another batch of batteries? (from a whole new package) Maybe the batteries you have are faulty :huh: Better that than your tama! Or instead you can perhaps test those batteries out with another electronic device to see if it reacts the same way your tama did. Either way I really hope it works out! :unsure:

I'll try that as soon as I can get new batteries!

Also it happened again today. It restarted while I was out, and then just a bit ago I was buying something from the bus (That comes when you go outside) and the screen went white and froze. This was fixed by pressing the reset button though.

How are the battery contacts? Does there seem to be any leakage from the batteries on them? It sounds like you've let some dead batteries sit in there for quite a while.

It's recommended that you generally do not leave batteries in electronics for extended periods of time, as they can corrode and destroy the contacts.

Its Probably not the Tamas Fault, it might be the batteries. This happens with my V4 so I wound reccomend checking the screws on the motherboard. Maybe just some mis-contact!

It could be the motherboard, try changing the batteries first and if that doesn’t Worcester adjust the motherboard. Hopefully this will help!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By TRDFizzy
      Hi. I have owned this pink tamagotchi P’s for around 2-3 years. I am a 13 year old male, and while personally I do not mind the color much I’m sure it would not go over well in public places, especially in the area where I live. I’m not sure if this is against the rules, and if it is I will remove this post, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in “trading” my tamagotchi for one of a blue or green color. I will also accept other kinds of colored tamagotchis (as in the screen, not the shell). As long as it’s within reason monetarily wise. I might be able to meet up if you live somewhere in the central Virginia area, or am willing to mail it to you. (I would hope this community is nice enough to partake in their part of the deal, for I am new here and have only recently discovered the site.) Thanks! (I cannot post pictures because the file size is too large, but if I find a workaround, I will edit the post with pictures, or message them to you if you are interested.) Bye!
    • By BodyGlitter
      Hi,
      Recently I bought a preowned Royal pierce from Japan you want and I can't get it to unlink from the previous owner and link to mine.
      My Ps came with the Dream Coffret pierce and I had trouble linking that one too but once I married off my adult tama and had a baby I was able too, I figured that since that one now worked so would my Royal pierce but it was still unable to link it and I ended up resetting my tamagotchi but my Royal pierce still isn't working, I haven't tried my Dream one yet though.
      I know accidents happen but I feel that since I bought it from JYW it should be functional I didn't buy it from somebody on ebay yk? I don't think my tama pierce port itself is damaged because my Dream pierce works? I blew on both so I don't think it's dust either.
      I'm wondering if I can only connect certain pierces during certain stages, like am I only able to connect my Royal pierce when I have a teen? Or is it just broken?
      Sorry this is so long, thank you in advance!
    • By Penguin-keeper
      For those who don't know of TruffleShuffle.co.uk, it's an online retailer that sells retro/pop-culture-themed goods. I'm just quickly posting this because I found this on their site the other day;

It's always nice to see new official Tamagotchi items. This one is an official Tamagotchi heat-change mug, and it can be found here if any of you guys want one.
    • By TamagotchiiPrincess
      Hi can someone identify this version of chickpet where can i find the Chickpet tamagotchi pink design i'v been looking on internet can't find the one i want... where Can I purchase one like this please🤔 any suggestions? Xx

• By Odourman
      First I made a dough out of flour, salt and water. I shaped it into a stand and put it into the oven. When it was done I made glue out of flour, water and salt. I mixed those things in a pot cooked it. I put glue all over the Tamagotchi stand!!!

It looked icky.
      After it has dried I painted it.

Then I took, what-it's-called?, white fluffy stuff, synthetic cotton?

And I throw that fluff into the green paint water!!!

Waiting for it to dry was boring so I used microwave.

Then I had green, green, fluff of home.

And YAY! It is finished!

The R.I.P Tamagotchi Stand

EDIT:
      I might cut down on the fluff....
    • By GotchiManic
      I’m receiving my entama possibly tomorrow or the next day and I was wondering how long do cr2032’s last in the tamagotchi entama?