Perhaps a bit of an odd question

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

somebody2love

Reaction score
Is it possible to take the PCB out of one Tamagotchi and transfer it to another?

More specifically, is it possible to transfer, say, a V1 connection's PCB to a Music Star's shell? I know the screen is bigger on the V6 which is why I'm mostly thinking no on this.

I know people have fully dismantled Tamas before to alter their insides but has anyone ever tried moving the entire board to another? Would it even work properly? I assume so (e.g. in the case of someone wanting to "refurbish" a Tama by removing the board from a damaged shell and putting it in a nicer one, that seems like it'd be common) but I don't know what would happen if the screen is a different size.

I ask because I really love the V6's shells but I'm not particularly interested in its gameplay.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to take the PCB out of one Tamagotchi and transfer it to another?

More specifically, is it possible to transfer, say, a V1 connection's PCB to a Music Star's shell? I know the screen is bigger on the V6 which is why I'm mostly thinking no on this.

I know people have fully dismantled Tamas before to alter their insides but has anyone ever tried moving the entire board to another? Would it even work properly? I assume so (e.g. in the case of someone wanting to "refurbish" a Tama by removing the board from a damaged shell and putting it in a nicer one, that seems like it'd be common) but I don't know what would happen if the screen is a different size.

I ask because I really love the V6's shells but I'm not particularly interested in its gameplay.

Thanks!
Actually yes it is very possible! I've done it with a v3 and v2 once before.

You have to be extremely careful with it though as things can be easily damaged.

A V6 can be switched around with any other previous connection's shell. You can even swap the screen's background images with others.

It's the LCD screen itself that matters. All screens fit in all versions just fine, just the V5 and V6 have more pixels on theirs.

Awesome, thank you! That's great to know.

If you happen to have any pictures of your "swapped tamas", could I see? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So can I swap the v4.5 for a v1-2 shell? I prefer the look without the antenna...

While opening up a tama itself is very easy, you gotta be careful with the speaker. If there's anything that can go wrong with your tama during this, it's the speaker. It's attached to the motherboard as well as the shell.

You gotta unglue it carefully and reglue it with somethig, but be extremely careful to not cut any wires! Otherwise you might have to either solder them back on or live with a forever mute tama.

Also, a tip for the small screws- use a bigger screwdriver than you think you need. It will prevent them from stripping. And if you think the screw isn't budging, try turning it on the opposite direction first. Don't know how it works but it always loosens the tiny tama screws for me.

Reactions: Iza
The speaker potentially getting damaged isn't too big of an issue for me since I always have my tamas muted anyway. ;)

Thanks for the tips as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back