Tip for Screen Problems After Reassembly

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Today, after being prompted by the success of restoring my V4's sound with duct tape, I decided to clean off the button contacts of my V3 which had becoming more and more unresponsive. To make a long story short, I cleaned of the contacts and the buttons themselves, let them dry, and screwed the whole thing back together, and was greeted by a third of the screen missing. I screamed. Although, my screams are more of a sudden, perhaps a single pitch upward, "no!". In the next few moments I panickedly worked on my V3, fixed it, and breathed a sigh of relief. It was completely reset but that was a small price to pay for a still working Tamagotchi. I was so relieved that I barely noticed how responsive the buttons were, the real reason I had decided to mess with it in the first place.

What fixed my V3's screen problems was simply turning the screws on the back of the circuit board the farthest they would go. As I encountered the same screen problems when I took apart my Angelgotchi - a story I may just one day recount - I've concluded this a general Tamagotchi reassembly principal. Thus, if any screen problems - be it faded pixels, blank screen sections, or a blinking low battery symbol - appear after taking apart a Tamagotchi, make sure that the screws on the circuit board are tightened the farthest they will go.

And as a little extra advice, make sure the reset button is in place and the screen is clean before finally screwing a Tamagotchi back together. :^)

I have a second-hand Entama which I got with some minor screen issues. It used to be worse and now it's way less noticeable (especially after I tightened the screws really well last time I opened it), it's basically a kind of a halo effect, I can see the pixels being lit a bit unevenly. I really tightened the screws as far as they will go and it's still there, so I wonder if the screen itself can be faulty sometimes?

I totally get the reset button thing though, I lost one of them on my v4.... Also the screen... I currently have a small bit of hair under my TamaSuku's screen since I reassembled it and it's driving me CRAZY, so that's definitely good advice, lol.

[...] it's basically a kind of a halo effect, I can see the pixels being lit a bit unevenly. I really tightened the screws as far as they will go and it's still there, so I wonder if the screen itself can be faulty sometimes?
I think I have a similar problem with one of my P2's. Around the usual black-pixeled sprite are fainter pixels that, together with the sprite, form a square. This square moves around with the sprite while usually on my other P2, only the sprite is visible. My guess is that if our problems are the same, we both have partially flawed screens. I say partially flawed because for me, the halo isn't that bothersome.

Your welcome and I know the feeling, my V3 had a hair under the screen too and it was so annoying (both of my V3 and V4 have specks trapped on the screen since I forgot to be careful, but I'll clean them at a much later date).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back