Most embarrassing moment in school with Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamaluver789

Reaction score
😂🤣I just wanted to know your most embarrassing moments in school and if everyone laughed or just stayed quiet. Or if the teacher got mad or something like that. An embarrassing moment in school with Tamagotchi had never happend to me but i think the story's are really funny, im not trying to make someone feel bad, if you dont want to share the story thats ok, but if you want to you can.😂🤣

My most embarrassing moment was back a few weeks ago. I was in the middle of class, and I had my blue 4U in my pocket. Well, I had to hide it in my jacket pocket, along with a stress toy and my Tamagotchi mini (which was on a lanyard). I decided since it was getting really hot in my classroom, to take off my jacket, not remembering that all my stuff was in my pocket. My 4U ended up tumbling and rolling onto the floor right in front of the teacher (idk if she knew I had it or not), but she was lecturing the class about something at the time. I threw myself onto the floor to try to grab it, and thankfully she didn't take it from me, but it didn't spare me from the embarrassment!

Yikes, Hood-P! I had kind of a similar experience, but not in school. It was in a grocery store.

I was 15 or 16 at the time, and still struggling to embrace my love for Tamagotchi. I felt embarrassed that I liked them and was worried of judgement. One day, I decided to take my V3 while I went to the grocery store with my Mom. I had really horrible anxiety at the time, so going to the store was kinda scary for me. We're walking through a busy aisle, and I started getting a little uneasy. As I tried grabbing something off a tall shelf, my tama came crashing down from my sweatshirt pocket. I remember feeling like everyone was watching me as I frantically grabbed to check if it was okay. I heard someone snicker and I felt a huge wave of embarrassment. I shoved it in my pocket and didn't look at it till I got home. It was scratched up a little, but was ultimately okay. Nowadays, I would just laugh it off. :lol: My love for Tamagotchi is not a secret anymore!

As far as school goes, there was one time in 3rd grade... By this time, kids at my school were done with Tamagotchi. V2 and V3 were ALL the rage in 2nd grade, but it only lasted mere months before dying down. But I certainly wasn't done with the pixelated pets! I was still goin'! I got a brand new V4 around December, and as all kids do, I took mine to school. However, it had been a while since the last time I took a tama to school, and I forgot to turn the sound off. I vividly remember the teacher standing at the board, teaching us about owl pellets, and a few nearby kids occasionally turning in their desks to peek at me, looking irritated. I had no idea why they were looking at me, but kept doing my work (my Tamagotchi must have been calling for attention). Then, the death chimes rang out. My tamagotchi was dying, and the whole class had the honors of listening to it's perish song. I desperately tried to muffle the noise, but it was no use. My face was beaming red as all the kids cooed in anticipation of my punishment. My teacher simply giggled and asked if I could turn the sound off. I sheepishly nodded, but because the tamagotchi had already passed away, I just pretended to turn it off and left it be. I worried for days thinking my teacher was going to call my Dad and tell him what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in 8th grade and it started beeping in class. I was made fun of, but I was often made fun of other stuff too, so this didn't make a big difference. The other kids forgot about it soon.

I was also a bit embarassed last week, when I was in home and my tamagotchi slipped from my pocket as I was laying on the couch. These days my father and 10-year-old sister are staying with me and they don't know I've started playing with tamagotchis again. I don't know why I'm so embarassed by it. The little one picked it up and asked me "what is that?" and I took it saying "nothing". I don't know if my dad noticed and she hasn't mentioned it ever since. I guess she's too familiar with modern touch screens and high resolutions to care for this kind of things.

My family is sitting at Dave and Busters, My aunt, my cousin, his dad and my other uncle. All of us are over the age of 20. Now, Dave and Busters is NOTORIOUSLY slow with their service for food (I mean, IDK why my family insists on getting food there, every time I'm like, dude, I just came here to game!) so a bunch of us were getting restless. My cousin pulls out his phone, and a few minutes later my uncle pulls out his phone. I figured it's been a hot minute and I haven't seen what my Tamas are up to so I'm sure they were hungry and bored.

So I'm playing with my Tamas and losing left and right because the lighting in the dining room is sub-par. My aunt gives a bitter laugh and says, "Heh, He's on his phone, he's also on his phone, and she's playing with her... things."

My one uncle starts talking about how everybody's addicted to their cell phones.

I laugh, I'd just lost another game of Get (Note). "I gotta make em happy, if they're not happy, they get angry at me, so I gotta play with them to get them happy again."

Oh boy, i have a good one. I got a tama from a friend in fifth grade because it was kinda messed up and she wanted me to try and fix it. the reset button was jammed under the case, so it kept resetting itself every few minutes. I put it in my backpack to avoid it beeping in class... but it kept going, and even under the pile of backpacks in the class closet, the whole class could hear it. It was going for like, all morning, and when i brought it out to recess my friend asked for it back so that she could give it to someone who wanted it. I kinda wish she had let me keep it, but i don't think i could handle another half day of everyone looking at me every three minutes when they heard the reset beep!

Back in 7th grade, I was sort of a V-pet daycare for a lot of people in my class. Most had Gigapets rather than tamas, and I was good at memorizing menu layouts so I could open my desk (do kids still have desks that you keep stuff in?), look at their screens, then slip them into my lap and take care of each one without anyone noticing. The gigapets were the WORST for this since they have that habit of just deciding they're gonna straight-up die every now and then for no reason, but I was always good at keeping the sound off and not getting caught.

Now, to put this into perspective, this was before the time most people had cell phones, and so electronics were never going off in the classroom or anything like that. We still had CHALKBOARDS (partly because my middle school was a very small parochial school).

Anyway, I had been doing this for MONTHS. My teacher was a short dude with a ponytail who loved doing reenactments of stuff from the old fur-trapping days, and so he was a grizzled looking fellow (nice guy, though). He had very little patience for our various virtual pets going off in class and had a strict policy for confiscating them if they went off.

One day, one started going off. I winced, feeling sorry for whoever it was. I knew that I kept all mine silent, so it couldn't be me.

But everyone was looking at me...

and it was coming from my desk.

My eyes went wide. The teacher knew about my daycare. EVERYONE'S pets were in jeopardy! At that time, I think I was managing about 5 different pets for people, and all 5 of the people who had given me their pets were white-faced with horror as my teacher walked up the aisle towards me.

Thinking quick, I opened my desk and took out my own P1, turned on the sound, and handed it to him (I figured out which other vpet was going off and silenced it while I had my desk open as well).

He didn't get mad, just stuck out his hand, and I put my tama in it. Of course, being a kid, I thought that he would never give it back or something, and my classmates looked like they had just watched someone demand I turn over the puppy I had been keeping safe.

Afterwards, I felt terrible since I almost got other people's pet's taken, but they were all pretty supportive of the fact that I fell on my sword for their pets. XD They could tell that the beeping wasn't from a tama.

I ended up sneaking in my teacher's desk during recess and taking my tama back. Later on in the day, he didn't say anything, but shot me this sort of scolding-but-impressed smile, and I knew he knew and neither of us said a word. XD

I actually had something happen to me not too long ago. (It's pretty similar to Hood-P's story) So I was in a class that has a pretty strict teacher, so it's always really quiet. For some reason most of my sweatshirts have pretty shallow pockets. I was running my Tamagotchi Friends at the time and was keeping it in my pocket. I bent over to get something from my backpack and it fell out and made a REALLY loud noise. Everyone from the class looked at me, including the teacher. He quietly told me to put it away, so I kept it in my backpack for the rest of the period. It was pretty embarrassing... Although at the end of class I had a few people come ask me about it, and tell me how they had one as a kid. One person even asked where I got it because they wanted one! Over all it wasn't too bad, but it's a story I guess. :p

I went to many different schools, and in 10th grade, i came back to the school i went to for my 1st and 2nd year.

i didn't recognize anyone or even try to, but after about a month, a couple of people came up to me and went, "aren't you the tamagotchi guy from 1st grade?" and it was literally the only thing they remembered lol

ALL my friends know of my weird obsession with the Key to Happiness so I've always been comfortable with bringing mine to school.

"[Name], [name], how many Tamagotchis do you have, again?"

"Uh, six?"

"[NAME], YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM."

"Chill, [name]! IT'S NOT LIKE I'M STILL PLANNING ON BUYING THEM!"

"How many do you have running?"

"Two...?"

"[NAME]."

"STOP JUDGING ME. I CAN LIKE TAMAGOTCHIS IF I WANT TO."

"BUT IT'S A OBSESSION."
"IT IS NOT."

"IT IS."
"IS NOT."

"You should let me keep all of them in my locker so you can suffer."

"What's the point in that??"

"I'll let you check on them if you want."

"Then that defeats the purpose."

"No, I mean, proof that they're there."

"I never agreed on this..."

"WHERE ARE THEY, [NAME]."

Then I flee, never telling.

This is a problem I face every other day. <_<

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my Tamagotchi Mini goes off in two different classes.

I FEEL THE STARES.

I also thought it was in my bag, so I smushed it to mute the sound, but it was really in my pocket.

"Wow," I thought, "the beeping is unusually REALLY LOUD." :wacko:

I'm a teacher. My mini is pretty quiet, as I check on him between each period and keep him in my pocket. I am a little worried when my full sizes get here, but it's almost summer break. By fall I'll have a care plan down. :D

Tamagotchis was a new thing in 1997 so everyone had one on their desks. Only real memorable school related incident was being so distracted by mine that it got confiscated for half the day and I was crying because I thought it might die. But even that reaction was considered normal by other kids because most felt the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back