Things you do with your tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

Reaction score
So, what do you do with your tamagotchis? Do you carry them around all the time or leave them at the house? Do you give them names? Do you hang them on the christmas tree? :p Do you take photos of them? Do you turn them so they can watch the movies with you? :p Do you play with them during boring lectures? Do you have other friends who play, and mate them? Do you just collect them in a box?

I do tend to carry them around when I'm out with mom just to do some shopping or go to a restaurant and I used to take them to school, haven't taken them to college yet though so I pause them when I have to go (I only have classes on two weekends each month anyway). I do give the versions that have name input option names (except if they're Japanese because I'm too lazy to use the character sheet) but otherwise I just refer to them with their breed names, and if it's a Mix I just check what my mixed character's name is using google translator, I never name them myself. I do like to take photos of them sometimes just for fun. Haven't played on it during a lecture yet and I don't think it will happen considering how close our desk chairs are (would be embarassing lol. We don't have auditories at my college.) And sadly I don't have any friend I could connect them with. :(

I literally do everything with mine. They are always in my pocket. They sit on the table at restaurants, they are turned to the screen during movies. My friends greet them by name. I'm maybe a little obsessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally do everything with mine. They are always in my pocket. They sit on the table at restaurants, they are turned to the screen during movies. My friends greet them by name. I'm maybe a little obsessed.
Ahahahahahahahaha no, it's cute. xD Nothing wrong with keeping your inner child. ;)

Mine stays (it's only one at the moment) in my bag or pocket most of the time through the day cause i'm too shy to take it out, but it sleeps next to me. xD I've ordered a vintage one just to try it, and i think i'll name this one too, although those don't have a naming option. I think it's cute when people take pics of them in different places.

I don't really collect them, i just like playing, and i think i'm more into the simpler ones.

When i was little i had one i used to talk to. But i used to talk to everything, plush toys, plants, bugs... (Now i only talk to trees and other inanimate natural forces sometimes, ok, i'm a crazy hippie and off topic. :p )

I keep written logs about them where I monitor growth patterns and such (also where I name them if I feel so included). I have an instagram and tumblr dedicated to them so yes I take pictures of them frequently. On my mix I always go by the mix names ( I use charts to decode their names and then guess what they will look like based on the name). I tend to be more conservative when it comes to taking my colours out and about with me (I am just too nervous about them getting damaged or lost) but depending on the connection it goes every where (even in class where they are on mute and I check on them before and after but never during) an example is my tamagotchi plus where I have a 50 year old oldie who i know exactly how long they can last being on their own. (I never do things during class that would have a negative impact on my learning boring or not. I am paying to learn and going to lecture only to not pay attention is a waste of money and time so I write notes I am more likely to pay attention if I must write notes and more likely to learn something too but that's my philosophy on lectures and Uni)

I don't point them at the tv screen as I can't watch over them for poops.... or watch random animations or them bouncing around the screen but I do crochet them cases and pouches and sometimes they are very shell colour specific and I often make them beaded charms and friendship bracelet style charms (as I love making them and decorating my tamagotchi is a win)

I carry my running tama's EVERYWHERE. On the older connection models, I throw the metal keychain against the plastic backing, which is pretty soothing to me. I name most of my gotchi's, some japanese, some american names. I take care of them during school during breaks or lunch!

Well, I'm kind of a homebody, so I don't go out much. That being said, my tamas are almost always home. I don't really take them to work with me because they'll just sit in my purse untouched for 6-8 hours. I carry them around the house, and they always sit on my bedside table at night. My boyfriend doesn't really know much about them and doesn't know my names for them, so he just calls everyone "Tama". He doesn't care to ever play with them, but he treats them with care and it's the sweetest thing (putting them in his shirt pockets, talking to them, checking when they beep if I'm not around). I sometimes refer to them as my children. :lol: "Yes, I'm a mother of five... tamagotchis."

I used to take mine to work, keeping them on a lanyard that I already wear everywhere anyway, but then I got told I wasn't allowed to do that anymore, as it's too much of a distraction (which is understandable, I suppose, given that I work in childcare), so now I pause them on the days I have work, and then every Wednesday (the last day of the week I work) when I come home I unpause them. Other than that, I do bring them with me to most places, just to be sure they're ok! When it comes to naming, I name them all the time, even on versions that don't have a name input option - it doesn't feel right for me to not give them names. Sometimes I'll even refer to the tamagotchi itself by the name I gave the current character on it (e.g. if I left it somewhere I'd say "I left *name* over there!" instead of "I left my tamagotchi over there!")

Reactions: Iza
I try to bring at least one of my Tamagotchis everywhere I go. I like to name all of them,even the versions with no name option. The ones I don't take with me, I tamper with their clocks so that they stay asleep so I don't have to pause them and stunt their growth. I get EXTREMELY attached to them, to the point were I'll be sad for a few days after one of my PRECIOUS BABIES DIE.

I have a problem...

So, what do you do with your tamagotchis? Do you carry them around all the time or leave them at the house?... Do you just collect them in a box?
At this point I have so many Tamagotchi that it'd be silly for me to carry them all around at once. I don't think anyone makes lanyards meant to carry over fifty virtual pets... :p

I like to keep my Tamagotchi in a couple of boxes (one for older ones, one for newer ones). The ones I do run stay in my pocket!

Do you give them names?... Do you take photos of them?
Yes, I do, even with ones where you can't put a name into the device. I did experiment with just calling them by their species name for a while, but it got so boring and monotonous to take care of them since I didn't feel any connection to them. It was very surprising to me when I realized that something as simple as giving it a name makes it a lot more fun and charming!

Yes, and lots of them! My Tamagotchi are very photogenic!

Do you turn them so they can watch the movies with you? :p ... Do you hang them on the christmas tree? :p
Goodness, no! I'd be too worried about them falling off or getting damaged!

When no one else is around... And we cuddle close together... And we're sharing a gallon tub of my favorite ice cream...

...No, just kidding. :rolleyes: My Tamagotchi might be photogenic, but they're not too crazy about movies!

Do you play with them during boring lectures? Do you have other friends who play, and mate them?
I might check on them and feed them, but I do make an effort not to spend too much time with them during things like lectures.

Unfortunately I don't... at least not offline!

@CTF@

I usually carry mine around in my pocket, with my keys and my phone. Out of principle though, I pause it during class or work. Even the boring classes :p

Edit/Addendum: I don't have any friends that play it and I'm still "in the closet" about playing with Tamagotchis even as an adult, because I'm a tad embarrassed to talk about it with people I know :eek:

So, what do you do with your tamagotchis? Do you carry them around all the time or leave them at the house? Do you give them names? Do you hang them on the christmas tree? :p Do you take photos of them? Do you turn them so they can watch the movies with you? :p Do you play with them during boring lectures? Do you have other friends who play, and mate them? Do you just collect them in a box?
I'm so in the mood to look for my blue star tamagotchi v3 and connect it. I currently have a 20th anniversary (the lame english one) and a v3 running. I keep them on a carabinder which I keep with me. I look at the Tama lanyard and thought about getting one, but in the mean time, they stay on the same red carabinder. I keep them with me because if I leave them at home running I get massive guilt for 'abandoning' my children.

They're v3 so they have names. the blue one doesn't have a name, I'm not as attached to that one as I am my v3.

My overactive imagination gives them all their own personalities beyond what there is in the case.

An old friend and I got into a Tamagotchi fever one summer in 2007 which is how we got the Tamas in the first place. We married off our Tamas and played games but it's been years. She was cleaning and gave me the Tama I bought her back, which is fine with me, I kept it.

I don't have much things to do outside so I and my tamas are often hanging out at home. My active tamas - whether in limbo or not - are always in a stand and usually on one of my desks. My stands are made out of everyday materials and I distinctly remember spending one weekend afternoon making my main one - which can hold 6 Dream Towns - just so they could all be propped up to watch tv with me (on my computer). I remember reading awhile back how some person thought it was "sad" that people turned their tamas towards their screens, but I just think of it as a quirky thing XD

I do take some of mine on walks with me stowed in my pockets, and also to church where they are tucked away in my bag. Additionally, my long lived oldie Sotilde comes with me when I help out at an ESL program and I check her during the breaks, but most of the time she stays in a pouch in my bag. A few times I got worried about her and discreetly checked her in class, but she was fine as usual since her hearts drop very slowly. I've had Sotilde for around 5 months and she is one special tama I take with me everywhere - except to my exams, where understandably she has to stay home. Since she is often with me, she is often the most frequent tama to be pulled out and introduced to others as a Tamagotchi. I'm pretty sure I've shown her to at least five people and the reaction has always been positive :^)

Etiquette-wise, if I have any tamas on their sound will be off to not be distracting in public or irritate my family. Also, while I'm not that shy about showing them I don't parade them around. I once thought of putting one of my minis on a necklace but I worried that it might bump against me while I'm walking. I'll check on them, but never for a long time if I'm talking with someone or during a sermon. I only take photos of them for my logs and once I eventually get Sotilde's log up to date, I'll be posting photos I literally took of her at the Royal Ontario Museum (including one with a stuffed eagle). I name all my tamas that have the naming function - including the Japanese ones, which I construct a name out of characters that look like English letters - and only really give names to my vintages. Usually if I'm logging a tama, whether they have the name function or not, I'll give them a name. For both my Dream Towns and ID, I didn't name them because they lacked that function but it seems like a good idea to give them a name anyway.

I don't exactly have friends who also play with Tamagotchis but most of the people I showed them to knew people who used to. Recently I lent one of my minis to a woman at church who used to babysit her daughters' tamas. She was quite excited and seemed to be the most likely person to find the hobby again.

For the upcoming Christmas hatch, I plan to construct a nativity scene with Tamagotchis. There'll probably be some leniency as I plan to make everything by hand and if I can't find any toy sheep, the shepherds will have dinosaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back