FAKE TAMAGOTCHI SCAM POSTS ON FACEBOOK

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vileplumegamer

Reaction score
* TOPIC MOVED TO: Tamagotchi Warnings sub forum *

(if you didnt know they are bringing back the old tamas) i saw a post on facebook saying "free tamagotchi just pay shipping" but they are trying to sell fake tamas to people who dont know about them, please if you see someone wanting to buy it let them know its fake

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the #tamagotchi hashtag on Instagram, you see SO many people posting about their "Tamagotchi" when it's one of these fakes. I have no idea how Bandai hasn't taken legal action by now. I also have no idea how they were able to convince people to make the purchase when they LOOK cheap and fake, I guess because they're selling cheaply, but that's another issue.

As far as people "not in the know" are concerned, every virtual pet is a tamagotchi- even if it's fake. Honestly they probably don't care about being scammed. As far as they are concerned, there's nothing more to a tamagotchi than a toy that can poop and die anyway.
And it's too bad, too, that the ones that are flooding the market at the moment are so awful. It's so tedious to buy the real deal and makes it hard for anyone who wants to seriously get back into the hobby.

It would have been so much nicer if they were at least as good as Gyaoppi, Tamagezi, or M&D pets!

@CTF@

As far as copyright/fake connection(ect) non tamas go... Bandai likely sees it as backwards advetising. As in, they get nastalgic about reading tamagitchi... they search for it or buy that... and then go for a real one. Sometimes its cheaper to let somethings go. Bandai does know about these "scam"

As far as copyright/fake connection(ect) non tamas go... Bandai likely sees it as backwards advetising. As in, they get nastalgic about reading tamagitchi... they search for it or buy that... and then go for a real one. Sometimes its cheaper to let somethings go. Bandai does know about these "scam"
There's also the unfortunate fact that most of these counterfeits, if not all of them, originate from China, which has a very different approach to copyright laws, to say the least.

The end-result is that this can make it very difficult for legitimate rights-holders to protect their properties and combat such fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back