I can't post pictures...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

Reaction score
I know I'm supposed to upload them to another site like tinypic or imgur but when I do it, I get a message saying "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.". Do I have to use a specific website? I've only managed to upload a picture once and I don't remember how I did it.

This example uses Imgur.com

First upload the image you wish to have posted. You'll see this page:

f3jvfIG.png

Then right-click the image and open it in a new tab:

lex3lAc.png

Then copy the address bar of the image's tab:

l7sVhQ7.png

Press this button and paste the URL you copied in the given text box

FwWDBhO.png

Press OK and your image should appear in the post!

Here's the one from the example:

RhWLTz7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iza
I know I'm supposed to upload them to another site like tinypic or imgur but when I do it, I get a message saying "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.".
Occasionally I get that message when I embed and image and I think it has happened when I was using both Photobucket and Imgur. After I embedded it again, the message disappeared so I think it is just a bug.

Occasionally I get that message when I embed and image and I think it has happened when I was using both Photobucket and Imgur. After I embedded it again, the message disappeared so I think it is just a bug.
One thing i do know is that most people attempt to use the shortened URL. That shortened URL doesn't end in a file extension so it thinks the ".com" is the extension. Thus reading invalid and not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back