Review of Machine Pet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Rabbit

Reaction score
I got my Machine Pet today, it's a multi pet with 169 pets in 1. It's very light, the plastic feels like Good quality, the buttons are made of rubber and very responsive, the screen is suprisingly good, it's rather strange as it doesnt say if the pet is hungry or bored, you can feed it bread or a tart, when fed the Number by the foodsymbol increases, i got it Up to 7, and it decreases sometimes, the pet doesnt seem to poop. The minigames are a dog jumping at a frisbee and a spaceship dodging other spaceship, there is options that reminds me of the tamagotchi connection, like a shop and the computer option, the computer is just an animation and at the end you get Gold, i havent been able to buy anything in the shop so i dont know if that works, its a very quiet pet, you can choose some names for the pet when you start it Up, i picked a shrimp and called it Bob. I think it's pretty cute but a bit in the dull Side, when you pick something you Arent allowed to a chicken pops Up and Shakes it's head.

https://oi66.tinypic.com/vd1zdk.jpg

Update, it randomly reset so it goes on the shelf as a curio, not worth getting.

I've always been curious if the reason low-quality vpets reset is because the battery cover is not strong enough to push down the batteries, thus the resetting is equivalent to removing the batteries. I have yet to get a vpet like that myself but I was wondering if maybe taping down the batteries might cure the resetting problem.

Does it have a life-cycle? Does it ever die, or have babies etc?

I'm afraid it's dead, I gave it new batteries and it won't turn on again, as for lifecycles, I don't know, but My Guess is whatever Creature you pick it'll stay that way until death, and I doubt it can have Babies. RIP Bob the Shrimp, I hardly knew ye :p

I've notice for some Tamagotchis (my P2 and my mini) that sometimes when I place good, working batteries in them they don't turn on till a little while later. I like to think the batteries need time to "warm up". As for what you described of its life cycle, it seems like that is the pattern for most cheap vpets as only some in that category will actually have evolution or even multiple evolutions. Ironically, it puts them on par with the official Tamagotchi Mini.

I have one of these 168-in-1 virtual pets too (but it came from a boxed UK release that I suspect has higher quality-control than some variants of these same pets), but part of my experience with it has been the opposite to yours - mine seems to poop a ludicrous amount! In fact, it will call to alert me that it's pooped, and will then immediately do so again, often three or four more times, as soon as I've cleaned up the previous one.

Also, sometimes it seems to lose weight when it poops, but not always. The whole thing is a bit inconsistent, but for the £3.25 I paid, I've found it to be a fun, if stupid, little novelty.

On the bright side, it still does more than the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back