Gudetama Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skulltulas

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently acquired a Gudetama Tamagotchi, but I haven't had a Tamagotchi since I was really little, and I'm having trouble understanding how it works. I also don't read Japanese, which makes this especially tricky :huh:

From what I understand thus far, there are two food options (snack, and meal), and one game I can play. The A button lets me pick between options, and B lets me select an option, and also takes me to the clock. C is cancel.

However, there is a lot I still don't understand – should my screen always stay on? I'm not supposed to turn the Tamagotchi off at any point, am I? When he's asleep, should I just let him sleep? I have figured out that, when he goes to sleep, I have the option to turn the light on and off.

When he's awake, I've figured out that the C button "calls" him and checks his status. Naturally, since these are in Japanese, I can't read them. Some of them I've been able to figure out just by comparing them to the other options (like when he wants a certain food) but others I'm a bit confused about...

I know this is a relatively new Tamagotchi, but does anyone else have any other bits of information that might be helpful?

Thank you so much!

*link removed*

If you've got facebook, joining this group (everyone I've seen so far have been super lovely so far!), and checking out this video! I copied the text from the post for you, but recommend watching the video. I really want to get one lol

"So just a quick video to show you guys what the Gudetama play flow looks like.
Press A button and you have two options: Food or Game.
In the food option, you can give him Soy Sauce as food, or Tomato as snack (LoL this is soooo random, I love it).
Since hes full at the moment, I only selected the snack option.
Then the game play, basically he hides in an egg, and you pick A button for left egg, or B button for right egg.

Then basically in the main screen, if you press B its time, and C the gudetama reacts to you.

Hope this helps with anyone trying to make decision on this cute little tama!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
However, there is a lot I still don't understand – should my screen always stay on? I'm not supposed to turn the Tamagotchi off at any point, am I? When he's asleep, should I just let him sleep? I have figured out that, when he goes to sleep, I have the option to turn the light on and off.
No, you do not need to turn your Tamagotchi off. It is designed to stay on and go through a routine like a living creature. It will go to bed at night and then wake up in the morning, what hours this happens depends on what character you have. When it wants to sleep, which is indicated by it sleeping in a bed with "zzz" in the air, turn off the lights so that it can sleep easily. Going to bed marks the end of the day for Tamagotchis.

This topic goes into more detail about the Gudetama. I'm assuming it is like the Nano which in turn is like the Mini, basically a very low maintenance version where caring for it consists of feeding, cleaning up after it, and keeping it happy (which is done by a minigame in both the Nano and the Gudetama). The care given to a Tamagotchi determines what character it grows into. Unlike other versions, the Gudetama - like the Tamagotchi Nano and the Tamagotchi Mini/Chibi - is a simplified version thus there are less care areas to monitor.

I also don't read Japanese, which makes this especially tricky :huh:
Though this won't cover everything on any sort of Tamagotchi, a guide like this might be worth reading, as it will teach you some common words used in menus in Japanese games - things like "Yes/No", "Start/End", and so on.

This is a catch-all list and, not owning a Gudetama Tamagotchi myself, I don't know how much of it, if any of it, applies, but with any luck it might shed some light on something that you might run into.

In the food option, you can give him Soy Sauce as food, or Tomato as snack (LoL this is soooo random, I love it).
Hehe, this isn't very random - those are both things that you have with eggs. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw you already saw my post in the other Gudetama thread, but I should be getting the translated manual back from my friend today and will upload what I have. Looks like pretty much everything has been covered already. XD

When he sleeps, you have to turn off the light, just as with early versions of the Tamagotchi
To do this press the A button to bring up the lights menu, then press A again to select the bottom option ('Lights off') and press B to confirm

A really helpful video i found was this one by Uncle Loves Things on YouTube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back