I can't see Photobucket pictures :c

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toxic_Makiko

Reaction score
Yep,that's the thing.It usually gives me something with a 3rd party system(please update your account to a 3rd party system) and I don't even(and I will never do)have a Photobucket account!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

How do I make this stop?It makes me incredibly upset! :angry: :unsure: <_< :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't make it stop by normal means - what's happened is that they've switched over to offering paid image-hosting services, after having them usable free-of-charge for many years.

The "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting" message that appears where pictures hosted at Photobucket were formerly visible is directed at people who use their services, to try to convince them to pay to make their images visible again (though I'd imagine that it's prompted a number of people to migrate to using free services such as Imgur, instead).

I believe that there's some sort of browser add-on that can work around the issue, but I know nothing about it, as I don't want to install a random plugin like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that there's some sort of browser add-on that can work around the issue, but I know nothing about it, as I don't want to install a random plugin like that.
Most people use a Google Chrome add-on called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix", chrome add-ons are safe since you get them from a built in browser that has to be approved first by Chrome curators, so there's no chance they'd contain viruses or suspicious keylogger business, like various toolbars used to back in the day, so don't worry. It's very useful to have because a lot people have used Photobucket and it's just sad to see the images gone!

Most people use a Google Chrome add-on called "Photobucket Hotlink Fix", chrome add-ons are safe since you get them from a built in browser that has to be approved first by Chrome curators, so there's no chance they'd contain viruses or suspicious keylogger business, like various toolbars used to back in the day, so don't worry. It's very useful to have because a lot people have used Photobucket and it's just sad to see the images gone!
It's good to hear that there's an option for Chrome users!

Thanks for clarifying its name, too - I didn't know it, since I don't use Chrome myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back