is there a low battery sign for tamagotchi P1?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama_Llama

Reaction score
Hm. is there a way you can tell that your tamagotchi P1 has low battery? or is it one day you look in you little pouch for your tama and find that it is dead? please reply if you know - or if you just want to tell me that you exist!

'cause...you know... i don't know everyone here at TamaTalk...... ok :p

( i am a weird child )

The only low battery sign that doesn't completely end the game is when you can see that the pixels aren't completely saturated, only getting gray. I've just picked up my Mothra after a few months of not playing with it but keeping the battery in it and amazingly it still works, just has pretty low pixels.

Otherwise when your battery dies, there will be some kind of a writing on the screen. At least on the Japanese one, I haven't ever seen the English version of that screen. Sadly, as P1 doesn't have a saving function (unless it's the new 20th anniversary version, I'd guess?) you will have to start all over again once you replace the batteries.

The only low battery sign that doesn't completely end the game is when you can see that the pixels aren't completely saturated, only getting gray. I've just picked up my Mothra after a few months of not playing with it but keeping the battery in it and amazingly it still works, just has pretty low pixels.

Otherwise when your battery dies, there will be some kind of a writing on the screen. At least on the Japanese one, I haven't ever seen the English version of that screen. Sadly, as P1 doesn't have a saving function (unless it's the new 20th anniversary version, I'd guess?) you will have to start all over again once you replace the batteries.
That really sucks!... Wait, So does the 20th anniversary version of the P1 and P2 have a download function?!

Dragonflytchi =*|*=

Last edited by a moderator:
The only low battery sign that doesn't completely end the game is when you can see that the pixels aren't completely saturated, only getting gray.
I second this as I read about another Tamagotchi owner who described the displays on her vintages getting so faint she only saw the sprites when she pressed a button.

Sadly, as P1 doesn't have a saving function (unless it's the new 20th anniversary version, I'd guess?) you will have to start all over again once you replace the batteries.
... Wait, So does the 20th anniversary version of the P1 and P2 have a download function?!
If nobody else beats me to it, I'll test this out when my Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi P2 reaches the end of its current run. That'll take at least a couple of weeks, though.

I will say that I doubt that this feature is there, though - aside from some minor tweaks to how things play out, they're exactly like the originals.

I think there is a possibility that a download function is there. At least on the 20th anniversary Digimon it is, and its one of the reasons why they went for the CR2032 battery rather than the two button ones, even though they actually generate more power. Maybe the 20th P1/P2 is the same in that regard.

I think there is a possibility that a download function is there. At least on the 20th anniversary Digimon it is, and its one of the reasons why they went for the CR2032 battery rather than the two button ones, even though they actually generate more power. Maybe the 20th P1/P2 is the same in that regard.
As soon as I find out, you guys'll be the first to know. :lol:

Obviously, I don't want to risk it on my current run, though!

I don't have my P1 anymore, but I definitely remember it slowly fading in a sort of 'screen save mode' and giving the pixels extra juice to show up correctly when you pressed the buttons. I'm also 99.9% sure there was no download function, because by the time the batteries go dead, you wouldn't be able to see anything anyway. >>

As soon as I find out, you guys'll be the first to know. :lol:

Obviously, I don't want to risk it on my current run, though!
Ok, Mimitchi passed on, tonight, so, as promised, I've tested whether or not the Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchis have the "Download/Reset" function that the Tamagotchi Connexion and the 20th Anniversary Digimon lines have.

I tested by hatching a new egg, and then letting it get to the child stage before taking the battery out, waiting a little while, and then putting it back in again.

My Shuku 20 Shunen Tamagotchi P2 did not display any menus upon the battery being replaced - it showed a new egg, the same as what happens when you replace the batteries in original Tamagotchi P1 and P2 units. Pressing reset after replacing the battery also yielded the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back