JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SkrillexGotchi~

Reaction score
This anime is goals. However, I recommend watching it in Japanese via Crunchyroll for the best VAs and experience.

The English version is okay, but the VAs for some of the characters (excluding Polnareff, both English and Japanese VAs are good) make them sound younger or older than intended.

WARNING: Heavy opinion below. If you disagree, please no arguing with me.

One example of VA inconsistency is Star Platinum's "ora" rushes and the scene where a fake Star Platinum hits itself with a frying pan, and its laugh after the fact. The "ora" sounds just don't sound like an "ora", more rather it sounds like an incoherent scream of "Rarararararara". The Japanese version keeps the "ora" sounds consistent. Now onto the frying pan scene. The English version of this scene is the same as the Japanese version but the "ora" sounds for this scene in English sound as if Star Platinum cannot breathe whatsoever, and change in pitch way too much. Japanese version keeps the "ora" sounds very consistent, only changes pitch if needed. Now for the laughter after it gives one final funny face after looking around. The English one? The laugh sounds way too dorky, and somewhat dim-witted. It also sounds like Donkey Kong noises. English Star Platinum is Donkey Kong confirmed, I guess? The Japanese Star Platinum's laughter sounds genuine and how its laugh should be.

-Opinion over-

Anyways, let's discuss this amazing godsend of an anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back