How do you store your virtual pets?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porg

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

After discussing virtual pets with my Fiancé and my Mother, I have been wondering- how do you all store them/keep them, especially when they are not in use? Years ago, when the craze first went live, I kept all of my pets on little animal-themed hooks, that were dotted all around my bedroom walls in a line (almost like a boarder, haha). I wish I had a photo of them like that! Since retiring them, they had been kept in a plastic duvet storage bag in the cupboard.

Now, they are all together, rather unglamorously in a plastic box- until I can work out how I want to store them. My Bandai Tamagotchis have their own compartment box, which they sit quite nicely in (the area with the P1s/P2s in is actually big enough to fit in a Chibi next to them, so I will be doing that as I get more), although I think I am going to need a few more of those if I do the same with my other pets. :lol:

So! That brings up the question- how do you store your virtual pets, when they are both in and not in use? How do you travel with them- do you put them in anything special to prevent damage (I have a Kuchipatchi lanyard and pouch, which fits one of my pets on outings :D Although he does tend to swing a little from side to side- so I need to bare that in mind if I need to move fast). I’d love to see pictures, maybe I can get ideas for my own! Below are photos of my own pets - I really need a better way of keeping them safe, outside of a plastic box. :lol:

hIHBMf3.jpg

4ZwRMrg.jpg
9cV1Qdp.jpg

Wow, you've got a great collection, Porg!!

I've got a collection of six Connections, and I've been keeping them in a drawer of my bedside table. That's where I keep all my handheld games, too-- like my DS/DSi/3DS and the games, so I just think of it as the "small tech drawer." Probably not the best in avoiding scratches or anything, since they're all on top of each other like that. When I expand my collection, I might move them to something a bit "safer" to keep everything separated?

With the V3 I'm running, I just keep it next to me when I'm on the computer, and in my purse when I'm out and about. Nothing too special!

Right now, they're just on my desk, but I'd like to get something on the wall I can hang them from. Like I display with pegs so I can see them all at once and swap them out easily...

(I totally do the tacklebox thing with my Skylanders, though XD)

When in-use, they hang out in my pocket because I'm a barbarian and don't have a better solution yet. XD

0oOFX7H.jpg

YVWRgxT.jpg

It's nothing glamourous, but the virtual pets that I'm not running are simply kept inside a cheap cotton drawstring-bag (purchased from the British craft-supplies chain, Hobbycraft), which is kept at room-temperature in one corner of my desk. I put them in the bag carefully, and it keeps them all together without taking up too much space - I find it nice and practical.

The ones that I'm running sit out in the open on my desk.

When I take a virtual pet places with me, I simply put it in a safe spot in whichever bag happens to be on my person. Technology gets adopted by people if it fits into their lives, not if they have to fit their lives around the technology, so there's no need for me to rearrange my life for the sake of carrying a virtual pet. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I... don't store mine very well, haha! All of mine are currently running, but my angel was kept in what i call my "drawer of tiny things" while i thought it was broken. It's full of all kinds of tiny toys and objects i've found and hoarded since i was a kid... including a big magnet on a handle, which i'm shocked didn't mess it up for the year i had it in there! I had my dream town inactive for a while, though, and i kept it in an even bigger drawer of random junk.

Hech777 - Thank you ever so much for the compliment! :D

Ah! You sound like you have a draw like me, I have a draw next to my workspace which is filled with things like my handhelds and games. I have never kept Tamas in there though- not a bad idea, however. I might see if I can get my smaller box in there! I like the compartment box and would recommend it to you, if thats a route you are thinking of going to store your pets. :D It definitely makes it easier to find who I want to run next and keeps them all separated. I want to line it with something, though (but I am not sure what), as I have shaky hands and am prone to dropping them. Eep!

Hoky - I used to do that with mine! I had loads of different animal themed hooks with a virtual pet dangling off of each one. We took them down when it came to painting though, then they got retired to the bag. Its a fun idea, but I live on a main road with two schools and a college nearby, so things get dusty fast- particularly in the summer. I was always worried about discolouration too, because of this.

I also have my Skylanders (whats left of them, that is) in similar storage to you. :lol:

Penguin-keeper - That looks super cozy, I have to admit. Haha! I lay mine in my box carefully also and try not to shake it about when moving. I do like that idea though, it looks like it makes them very easy to move and store. :D

As you probably know from all of the questions, I am an epic worrier and tend to worry a lot over them. Mind you… I worry about everything LOL.

Pirorirotchi - Thats incredibly lucky that the magnet did not get to it, phew! Sometimes popping them in a draw can be good, mind you- easier to find! I am still hunting for my Digimon pets. I had them just the other week, literally, and moved them somewhere out of harms reach- as I am having to pack everything away to decorate. Do you think I can find them now? Nope! :lol: They were separate to my other virtual pets and I had been meaning to put them back with them. I’m starting to wish I had popped them in one my draws now! At least I would know where I put them, haha!

Here is my little carrier thingy I use when out! Its super cute and I don’t mind having him on show. It only fits one, mind you, which is a bummer (Isaac sits nicely in it, though :wub: ).

9miTGFY.jpg

Mine used to be dotted around my bedroom at my parent's house. I've since brought them back to my own house and the 3 that aren't running are currently living inside my bedside drawers. My V4.5 travels around in my bag, the car dashboard or lives on the bedside table - and sometimes in my coat pocket ^_^

I love your Kuchipatchi carrier, Porg! I have Mimitchi and Mametchi ones just like it. :mimitchi: :newmametchi: I also had a Violetchi one when I was younger, but I got rid of it for some reason. :(

I keep my Tamagotchi's and Tamagotchi related stuff on one of my bookshelves because I don't have enough books to fill the entire bookcase. :p However, I'm actually trying to find a more covered place to keep them because their screens collect dust so quick on the shelf... I do keep my colored tamas covered with a crochet doily my granny made me because I find that their screens get the most dust caught in them. Maybe I could crochet some more myself so I don't have to move them... ;)

TAMAGIRL2008 - After reading all of these posts, I am thinking I definitely need to do some sorting and see if I can rehome some of my stuff in my draws. It sounds like it is the preferred place to keep our virtual friends! :D To be honest, it might even be a better option for me - as at least then I would know where my storage boxes are at all times. :lol:

Tamaninjacat - Thank you ever so much! I think he is super cute and definitely looks the part with my Porg rucksack, haha! :lol: I love Mimitchi- I don't think I've ever seen a carry case of her before. :wub: I'll have to keep a lookout for one, as I really love how cute they are. :D

I would personally love a shelf to display them all on- trouble is I don't have much space, due to collecting quite a few different things haha! :lol: I've always wanted to keep my Tamas/other collectables in one of those glass display cabinets. I've always assumed they would be great at keeping dust off - and they look super fancy to boot. Its just finding them and getting them delivered. :lol: The doily sounds super cute- and that is great that it helps with the dust! I notice that my V3 seems to be a real dust hoarder on the screen, even if I keep it covered/in the Kuchi pouch.

Porg, if it's glass display-cabinets that you need, you might want to look up the Ikea Detolf cabinets, if you happen to have an Ikea within driving distance.

I don't use them myself, but I know that they're very popular for displaying collectables in.

I actually store them in a way that's quite similar to you, Porg! I have these plastic compartmentalized containers that are flat enough to fit in a dresser drawer, and I have a drawer devoted to my collection. The lids on the containers keep out the dust, and the screens don't get scratched up when I take the containers out of the drawer, so it's win-win.

My fiance and I live in a very small apartment, and taking up much-needed shelf space with my Tama collection really isn't viable, much as I'd like them out to admire.

I use a little jewelry box to store the Tamas I'm currently running overnight while they're catching some Zzzzzs. I used to just put them on the bedside table but then my cat knocked over my Dream Town TF and damaged it....

When I'm taking my Tamas around with me, I don't like them just rattling about loose in my purse, so I usually put them in a soft, lined changepurse I found at my local dollar store that fits a colour Tama perfectly. Your Kuchipatchi carrier is MUCH cuter though!

Wow, (reply to first comment) you have SOOOO many tamagotchi's!! :eek: :eek: ...... I want your Tamagotchi Angel. :wub: XD Haha, anyway, I only have one tama and I keep it by my bedside table. So if you're using a few tama's, you keep them there, so they're nearby. :p I'm thinking of making a case for it. You could make a bag to store them all in, or make a case with a keychain or something and keep it on your jeans. Just a few ideas. :p

When Putting more than 3 Tamas together, it is recommended to take the batteries out of them to prevent leaking. It works for me :)

When I'm using my Tamagotchi it will rest on my nightstand when not in use, travel in my pocket or in a tiny pocket in my

Jansport backpack...

Those not in use reside in an Amazon box that my Mini arrived in... Along with boxes, manuals, and batteries. :wub:

This all just reminds me I need to get screen protectors for my tamas (prolly have those on Ebay or something, right?)

I tend to carry my tamas in my pockets, and the roof on the little house/antenna of my v5 put some pretty nasty scratches on my V2 and V4.5. ><

Also, as far as Detolfs go, I have one for my transformers/gundams, but do they really work well for Tamas since there's so much space between shelves?

I really want to clean out my room and make room on my bookshelf for my tamagotchi's when I go to bed/they're not in use, but for right now I keep them at my desk (also needs to be cleaned) in a little empty space in my nail polish box. My on tamagotchi's sit on a pile of bead necklaces I got for my birthday, it's like a colorful nest for my baby eggs! When I carry them around (like I am right now) I usually keep them in a separate coin purse big enough for them and put them at the top of my mini backpack that carries all my personal items and essentials. When I'm only carrying one tamagotchi I keep it in one of the inner pockets of the bag granted nothing else needs to be held there, or if I can attach it easily to the outside of my bag I usually do that. I really have no shame showing them off, haha.

Its great to hear how people store them! :D I'v since changed how I store mine a little bit. I am still keeping them in a compartment case, but I managed to find a larger one in a DIY store (which has the bonus of being able to take out the sections). Since purchasing it, I have taken it upon myself to decorate it some! :) With Tamagotchi stickers and a layer of felt. If I drop my pets whilst putting them away, I like to think that they will now have a slightly softer fall. :D (I have quite shaky hands, so I have to be careful when handling them :lol: ). I will need another one of these boxes, as not all of my Tamagotchis fit. Right now they are perched on top of one another. I am still not sure what to do with my non-bandai pets, however!

y5RxrdO.jpg

xOX203y.jpg

zzkPeJr.jpg

Hoky - I had no idea you could get screen covers! :eek: Do you know if they do them for the vintage models/Connections? As I would love to get some for my Tamagotchis! :wub:

9cV1Qdp.jpg

You have these exactly how I used to back on 1997. A tool box. So it's not just me then.

Now i keep them in a drawer and a few on hooks on the wall. Same with unopened ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back