TAMATOWN IS BEING BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamapalace

Reaction score
tumblr_inline_p5sqjh4SRt1toxdax_500.png

That’s right, THIS. IS. MAJOR. TamaTown, the interactive website that every Tamagotchi fan misses dearly since February 6th 2013 is being brought back. It has been 5 years and our cries for help have finally been heard.

Luc Rubio, a software engineer who’s passionate about retro systems, video games, and of course Tamagotchi, is doing God’s work. Luc is on a mission to “wake up TamaTown.” As a dedicated Tamagotchi fan, Luc is ready to bring TamaTown back!

tumblr_inline_p5sqoyF3Bo1toxdax_500.png
TamaTown was shut down 5 years ago, but thanks to technologies such as the Internet Archive, files from TamaTown have been recovered. Luc’s project stitches these files together to create a comprehensive TamaTown experience.

The project is currently being hosted on GitHub, a leading software development platform where coders alike can come together and build! As of right now aspects of every TamaTown are still in the works. You can see by visiting the website that the project includes all of the different versions of TamaTown, with Music City included (YAY!), and even the Japanese versions such as the EnTama, UraTama, and School TamaTown websites.

tumblr_inline_p5sql11ekV1toxdax_500.png
Now these TamaTown’s are not yet complete, and this is where you might come into the picture. Luc Rubio has done a phenomenal job stitching together recovered files to bring each version of TamaTown back to life, but there’s still a lot of work ahead. Luc is looking for dedicated Tamagotchi fans who have obtained, or have an insight to some of the files missing. He advises that you browse his GitHub project and contribute in anyway possible to help him reach his goal.

tumblr_inline_p5sqk85f2D1toxdax_500.png
With that said, we are ECSTATIC to hear this. We have gotten in touch with Luc to learn a little more about him and this amazing project. We will be posting a lot more information not only on this project, but information on the software engineer behind this project, Luc. So, be sure to stay tuned! As for now, please browse Luc’s GitHub project, contribute what you can, and try out this reconstructed TamaTown!

P.S.: OMG WE ARE SO EXCITED. LUC WE LOVE YOU.

I regret being scared of tamagotchis when I was little. I didn't even get one until the music stars came out, and I only got to play on tamatown briefly. SO I'm really excited that even though I started my collection only recently, there's hope for us to relive the nostalgia!!!

Oh sweet. Yet another reason to get back into tamagotchis. TamaTown was already closed down when I got into them, and I've always wished I could see what the site was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back