Tamagochi P's Pierces

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GinaJinSarang

Reaction score
Hey tamalovers!!! Does anyone know where can I purchase Deco Pierces that is not on ebay or amazon? Because they are getting very expensive there.

If there isn't another website where i could get it, I'll have to make a huge dent in my wallet 😅

HobbyLink Japan and CDJapan had them before, but I just checked and couldn't see them. :( Don't know if they restock or not. I've seen some fairly reasonable prices (for me, it's about AU$25-30) via Amazon Japan - but the extra expense may come from having to use a shipping forwarder to get them, since those sellers usually only post to Japan. But I also haven't seen all of the pierces, so if you're looking for particular ones I'm not sure where else you could go.

Well thanks Debibu! I'll try to see if i could find some before resorting to amazon and ebay's expensive prices. I saw the melody land pierce being 140$ for just the pierce and I was quite shocked.

Glad I got the melody land set tamagotchi p's years ago when it was on sale.

They just keep getting very pricey. Plus the Puerto Rico shipping and taxes? I'll be spending over 200$ on a pierce.

It's crazy.

I can imagine! They're about to change a bunch of things here in AU which means that we're looking at things getting way more expensive this year. :( So hard to keep up hobbies, now!

If you have trouble finding anything on Amazon Jp (amazon.co.jp) I find using the japanese letters for tamagotchi (you can just use Google translate for this) tends to bring up more results. Hopefully that helps!

Another option is maybe Yahoo japan, or basically any of the jp shopping websites? There are often middle-man buying services that can help you out with it from the japanese to english, plus forwarding, etc (e.g. Buyee is one, but I haven't tried it). Some folks on here might have a bit more experience with it though.

If you have trouble finding anything on Amazon Jp (amazon.co.jp) I find using the japanese letters for tamagotchi (you can just use Google translate for this) tends to bring up more results. Hopefully that helps!
Try these on for size;

たまごっち - Tamagotchi (written in hiragana because that's how it's officially rendered)

バーチャルペット - Virtual pet (written in katakana because it's a loanword)

ミニゲーム - Mini game (again, written in katakana because it's a loanword)

You'll occasionally find virtual pet-related items listed using that latter term, hence why I've included it here.

Another option is maybe Yahoo japan, or basically any of the jp shopping websites? There are often middle-man buying services that can help you out with it from the japanese to english, plus forwarding, etc (e.g. Buyee is one, but I haven't tried it). Some folks on here might have a bit more experience with it though.
After hearing good things from a friend, I switched from a different proxy-service to Buyee quite recently, because the fees for the service that I used previously were way too high. I'm now tracking my first ever package bought using Buyee from Japan to the UK. My impression of the service so far (which applies to their Yahoo! Auctions Japan bidding options, and their package-consolidation option) is very good.

Information about their service-fees and about how much you will pay is up-front and very clear (they have a tool for estimating these costs before you bid on or buy anything), and the option to bid on Yahoo! Auctions Japan in real-time as if you had your own account there, or even set it up to place a bid for you during the last five minutes of an auction, is both very easy-to-use and flexible.

If it would be helpful, I'll follow this up with an update on their packaging, once my package gets here.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also the option of Mr. Blinky's VDP+ downloads if you're interested: https://mrblinky.net/tama/vdp/ (You need to scroll down to get to the VDP+.) He's taken all the information from the physical deco pierces and has made them into virtual deco pierces, just like his custom VDP's. If you want more details on how to download these, Mr. Blinky has the instructions on his site. I understand if you'd rather have a physical version, but I just thought I'd bring up the virtual option. ^_^

There's also the option of Mr. Blinky's VDP+ downloads if you're interested: https://mrblinky.net/tama/vdp/ (You need to scroll down to get to the VDP+.) He's taken all the information from the physical deco pierces and has made them into virtual deco pierces, just like his custom VDP's. If you want more details on how to download these, Mr. Blinky has the instructions on his site. I understand if you'd rather have a physical version, but I just thought I'd bring up the virtual option. ^_^

That's actually a good option. It is a lot cheaper too. Maybe I'll get a IRDA USB and just use these Virtual Deco Pierces instead! Altgough there are a couple which I would like to physically have, this is a good option for the rest of them! Thank You!

I can imagine! They're about to change a bunch of things here in AU which means that we're looking at things getting way more expensive this year. :( So hard to keep up hobbies, now!

I know right?! But thanks for the good ideas and options!!

Nokias are pretty good and go for cheap I think (though at least in Europe), but people reccomend Palm Treo.

And if you're interested in ever getting a 4U, then there's a phone that's both compatible with it as well as Irda compatible devices:

https://fuzzy-n-chic.com/157-phone.html

Pretty pricy but still cheaper than buying any other NFC device.

I have an IRDA USB and I can confirm that it's definitely difficult to work with. I'm only able to download like four things onto my iD L in one sitting before the USB decides that it's time to stop. .-. I should probably look into getting an old phone too... :p

Thank you so much!! I think I'll go with this option! I'll order it as soon as I get my paycheck this week! Thanks!!!😄😄

I'm happy to help! If I'm passing by a deal I've got to let another Tama fan know ;)

Have fun with your fully loaded P's! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back