Why do You Lose Interest in Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you lose interest in tamas?

• Total voters

tamaninjacat

Reaction score
I just recently started running my tamas again and it made me wonder, why do you guys take breaks from using your tamas? Normally for me it's the fact that I simply get tired of them and I just need a break. Occasionally school makes my life too busy or life starts getting stressful, but I always find myself coming back to them. So what about you guys? What often causes you to lose interest in your tamas? :huh:

Hoo boy, for me it's usually either finals for school or I'm just simply too busy. Tbh, I just shut down my mini while I wait for some tams to arrive in a few weeks. I might start up some other tams though.

I first lost interest in tamas back in the lat 90's because of high school. I'm a tall, hairy dude, and I caught no end of hassling about it. I was also super depressed through the majority of high school. I guess I just kinda drifted away from it.

BUT NOW I'M A BIGGER, HARRIER DUDE AND I LOVE TAMAS AGAIN. XD I hit a point where I stopped caring what other people think and just do the things that make me happy. That said, I work full time and have a team of people that roll up to me, and even though they're very self-sufficient, other work things have made my days very busy, and so it's hard to give tamas the time they deserve. The other aspect of this (that you can't vote for) is Tama Overload. I was running 2 mixes, a V2, a V3, a mini, and an Angel all at once, and it just turned into work instead of a game. I wasn't connecting with the characters, and every time I picked them up it felt like more like a mandatory obligation than a fun diversion. I've whittled back down to a V2, V4.5, and V5, and I think as I go on I'll probably just run a couple connections and a side-tama/vpet of some other variety. I see how many people here run, and I wonder if Overload is a factor for them, too!

Agreed with Hoky. Sometimes I get all excited and run three of them at once but then it's too much. I like having one or two at most and really paying attention to them.

There are times when I've stopped actively adding to my Tama collection because I needed to save for school, apartment, etc., and I took a break from these forums for a long while because life was busy. But I've never stopped actually running Tamas during those times. I've had at least one on the go ever since the day I got my Connection V1 in the sixth grade. Running Tamas just kind of got integrated into my life routine, like doing my school work and taking care of my cats.

I think it's because I've always been careful to avoid 'Tama burnout' - I only really get crazy and run 3 or more on vacation weeks. Other times, I've only got one on the go, and if I know I'm going to be really busy, I make sure that it's a low-maintenance one - one of the colour releases which you can safely ignore for most of the day, a Mini, something like that. No Uminos when I'm finishing the final draft of a paper, for example.

I just switch between interests a lot, but I never completely drop any of them. Sometimes tamas are just simply too much work or don't feel fun anymore, they get repetitive. After a break I get excited to run them again!

I think it's just par the course for everything.

My life often gets too busy to even think about running one and so I just drift away from them now and again to play catch up on life. I'm a full time student, working two jobs, a committed gig-rower and also spend a lot of time horse riding and sometimes something has to give.

I also went through a stage of feeling really embarrassed about Tamagotchis and so spent time hiding them, which just caused a lot of stress and made it feel not worth it. Whereas now, I don't really care what other people think of me and so I'll run one or two alongside my daily routine and not worry too much about leaving them for a couple of hours.

I know as soon as Uni deadlines kick in that I just have to be sensible about it, and if they have to be paused for the day then so be it.

I don't know how to explain it, but there are times when I just don't care to pay attention to my tamas anymore because I'm just out of it. That and I also get distracted by other things, too.
imageproxy.php

I just switch between interests a lot, but I never completely drop any of them. Sometimes tamas are just simply too much work or don't feel fun anymore, they get repetitive. After a break I get excited to run them again!I think it's just par the course for everything.
Yea, same thing for me. I run them, I get tired of them, I take a short break, and then I'm always excited to run them again.

To me the reasons are the first three options in the poll: "life gets busy", "life gets stressful" and "just need a break sometimes". Classes keep me busy so of course they also cause a huge percentage of my stress. Just needing a break sometimes is true to me too - when I've done a certain activity for a while, I often start to gradually lose interest and in that case it's good to take a break so I can later rediscover the activity. Then it feels refreshing to do it again!

i was a bandwagoning teenager. well, kind of.

though id imagine that now, id get a little bored waiting for new releases just how i do with other games during times of no new content.

Generally for me it's simple boredom, I run them for months and then I'm left there like "what now?"

So the best thing for me is to take a break and step away to other things for awhile, it makes it more exciting when you pull them out again!

I never really lose interest, just have my dull periods. As Tamagotchis stay on and act on their own, it requires no conscience effort from me to continue with them. Sometimes I just need to stop running so many versions and concentrate on a few, which for me ranges from 3-4 (my Hanerutchi, Sotilde, is always welcome and my V3 and Akai have been constant). I couldn't imagine running one Tamagotchi as I have goals with a few (such as getting my V3 to 100 generations, keeping Sotilde alive forever, getting all the characters on my Dream Town). Also some linger on way too much because of their lack of programmed lifespan so I don't want to stop or reset them yet, which is the case for my Akai and Giga Pet Monkey. I imagine one Tamagotchi would be so low maintenance as even checking three at a time doesn't take up too much. Sometimes I indirectly run less by not starting the next generation promptly (which had been the case for my V3 and Dream Town till I accidentally activated them).

I've found when I'm generally content, my Tamagotchi experience is usually more exciting. I've also found logging or just general diary recording really makes the experience more substantial. Indeed, recording really makes Tamagotchis more than just toys. Sometimes I wonder how people used Tamagotchis without logging but I've also realized Sotilde, my long-lived oldie, and I have our special moments.

I never lost interest, but when they stopped selling them in the US, I couldn't really afford buying online from jp when I was younger. The anniv just gave me a reminder to check it out, because I've always loved tama's but gave up looking for them a long time ago until I realised "wait a minute, im an adult now and I can get those much easier now"

Sometimes I just need a break, running the tamas doing the same thing for generation after generation gets kinda repetitive. Lately I've found I'm able to switch it up by running a different tama in place of what I was previously running, but overall it's nice to just take a break once in a while

I lost interest way back when because I had too many going at once (I had five different generations of Connections, all of which I was trying to raise perfectly). I recently lost interest with the 20th Anniversary version because there was no continuity; it felt like each new baby was starting over and not building on the previous ones, plus the character pool is so limited. It was also very simple which might have been a good thing considering school was in session, but now that it's summer I'm considering booting up an old Connection again.

Latest posts

Back