Sign in to follow this  
MellowMood

What game are you currently playing?

portal 2 and everyone i play co op with has only one brain cell. this one guy tried to get one of the first courses completed by throwing the laser cube at the turrets instead of using it to burn the turrets. 

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch.

I've been watching the price plummet on this one for a while, and, as it always goes, the cartridge ended up being way cheaper than the digital release even after that version was also discounted, so I finally grabbed it today. It was absolutely worth it - it's like leaping into the show and getting stuck right into the chaotic battles, and it's an absolute blast to play. :D

A free-to-play "Lite" version (that seems to basically be a generous demo) will be hitting the Switch sometime soon. It was supposed to be out on August 7th, but it was just delayed with no new date given. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 already have the Lite version along with the full game.

If you like Dragon Ball at all, I'd highly recommend giving Xenoverse 2 a look, regardless of which system it's on.

I got my copy of Fire Emblem Three Houses a few days ago so I've been playing that a lot! I'm really enjoying it so far!!

Posted (edited)

Fire Emblem Three Houses as well. I am absolutely loving it so far, previous titles didn't hook me in as much as this one. I hope the future titles will be at least as good or even better than this because I'm pleasantly surprised.

Though I've also been playing Dai Gyakuten Saiban.

Edited by Jhud

Posted (edited)

I’m currently playing Street Fighter V and Overwatch on console! Sometimes I will play Persona 5 but not as much as the first two.

Is there any recommendations for PS4 games I get bored so easily with my current games! :angry:

Edited by iTamannadi

2 hours ago, iTamannadi said:

Is there any recommendations for PS4 games I get boted so easily with my current games! :angry:

I'm familiar with this one from the Switch myself, but perhaps you might enjoy the online battle component of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? The PS4 has a free-to-play "Lite" version of the game, so it wouldn't cost you anything to give it a try.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I'm familiar with this one from the Switch myself, but perhaps you might enjoy the online battle component of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? The PS4 has a free-to-play "Lite" version of the game, so it wouldn't cost you anything to give it a try.

I will check it out, thanks. :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm currently playing Whipseey and the Lost Atlas. It's an indie platformer that was released today, and it's very much a tribute to the Kirby series, particularly Kirby's Adventure on the NES.

It's been almost a year-and-a-half since Kirby Star Allies was released, so I was very much in the mood for a Kirby-like game right about now! I picked up the Switch version. I'm having a really good time with it so far, and I would highly recommend it to any of the other Kirby fans around here. :)

Edited by Penguin-keeper

AC.

I literally just bought a switch to play three houses and oh my goooooooood it’s soooooo good I can’t believe nintendo finally made a perfect fire emblem game (jk it ain’t perfect if claude isn’t bi lmaoooo)

• Like 1

We set up the wii on the TV and had a retro gaming weekend.  Super Mario Kart - I suck at it... but on a more positive note, re-visited Animal Crossing: City Folk (Let's Go to the City) and the memories...

• Like 1

I'm currently playing Super Kirby Clash for the Switch, which is a free-to-play title that was released a matter of hours ago;

It's an upgraded version of 2017's free-to-play 3DS game, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, which itself was an upgraded version of the Team Kirby Clash mini-game from 2016's Kirby: Planet Robobot.

For anyone who hasn't played either of the previous iterations, it's basically a Kirby boss-rush game with light RPG elements - it's sort of like Kirby crossed with Monster Hunter, both in the theme and in the gameplay-loop.

Though I enjoyed the original Team Kirby Clash mini-game, I skipped Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, so this is mostly new to me. :)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

i play minecraft

Pengiun-keeper! be my guide! I am new to TamaTalk! Please!

Edited by Penguin-keeper
Merged multi-posting.

6 hours ago, tamaplay said:

Pengiun-keeper! be my guide! I am new to TamaTalk! Please!

Hiya. :)

As I've already said to you in another thread, your best start would be to check the site's rules;

They'll give you a good grounding in the sort of behaviour that we expect here. Basically, it's just common-sense stuff that boils down to "Please make good-quality posts and don't be a jerk.", so you'll find it all very easy to get used to, as it's all very simple!

Also, there's an edit button available on your posts for 24 hours after posting them, so if you need to add something to a message before somebody else has replied, you can add it to the existing one instead of posting multiple new ones. This may be different to what you're used to from social-media or chat services that you might use elsewhere, but this is part of how forums work and it helps to keep them organised and readable for all visitors. It will also save me and the other Guides from having to keep merging what are called "double-posts" or "multi-posts". (This said, if you have some substantial, useful information to add but the edit button has already disappeared, we don't tend to mind a double-post here and there - we're quite easygoing. ;))

If you have any more questions about how the site works and what's expected here, please feel free to send me a private message. You can do this by hovering your mouse-cursor over my name in a thread like this one and clicking the "Message" button, or by clicking my name, viewing my profile, and clicking the "Message" button found at the top there. The other Guides will be happy to help you, too, if you need them to.

Now to get this back on topic! :D

6 hours ago, tamaplay said:

i play minecraft

Which version of Minecraft do you play? :) I play the Nintendo Switch version, myself, as I find handheld-mode to be very convenient. And I use a penguin avatar, of course! 🐧

@Save_Tamagotchis also has an amusing thread about "scary" random happenings in Minecraft here;

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

I finally got my hands on Catherine: Full Body~!
I got pretty far into the game, but — for some reason — I assumed the game auto saved, and left the game without saving to take a breather... TwT It sucks that I have to start over, but at least I know what I'm doing now! I'd been blindly going through the puzzles without much thought, and barely took note of the climbing techniques. So, it feels good not to be dying so much this time around HAHA!

It's really fun so far, and I'm really digging the new girl, Rin!
She's so sweet 😭 !!!

21 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

I'm currently playing Super Kirby Clash for the Switch, which is a free-to-play title that was released a matter of hours ago;

It's an upgraded version of 2017's free-to-play 3DS game, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, which itself was an upgraded version of the Team Kirby Clash mini-game from 2016's Kirby: Planet Robobot.

For anyone who hasn't played either of the previous iterations, it's basically a Kirby boss-rush game with light RPG elements - it's sort of like Kirby crossed with Monster Hunter, both in the theme and in the gameplay-loop.

Though I enjoyed the original Team Kirby Clash mini-game, I skipped Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, so this is mostly new to me. :)

Oh, I really enjoyed Team Kirby Clash in Planet Robobot, though I haven't played the Deluxe one yet - I will definitely have to check this out once I finish with Fire Emblem!

Edited by x.Optimistic
  • Like 1

I've gotten the Switch version of Spyro Reignited Trilogy. :) I loved the original back in the day but never played Spyro 2 or 3, so two-thirds of this collection are entirely new to me! :lol:

On 9/6/2019 at 5:02 AM, x.Optimistic said:

Oh, I really enjoyed Team Kirby Clash in Planet Robobot, though I haven't played the Deluxe one yet - I will definitely have to check this out once I finish with Fire Emblem!

It's definitely worth grabbing; The 3DS iteration was famously generous with its free-to-play implementation, and so is this one. You can tell that the driving force was more on the side of promoting the series rather than making untold levels of profit - they've struck a really fair balance with it. I'm having a good time with it, and you can't argue with free, right? :D

• Like 1