Sign in to follow this  
MellowMood

What game are you currently playing?

Recommended Posts

I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy on the Switch, and I'm currently about halfway into the Turnabout Samurai chapter of the first game.

ePCmNSd.jpg

I haven't played these games since the DS up-ports that introduced them to the West, and I'd all but forgotten how fantastic the first game really was. The second and third ones had some major translation problems, which I would hope have been fixed in this new edition, but I still thoroughly enjoyed them too, and am looking forward to playing them again as well.

I got the Japan-only cartridge release for Christmas, which has English support, but the digital version is occasionally discounted on the eShop, and I would highly recommend picking up this compilation if you've never played these games before and you think that they might be your sort of thing. Or even if you have played them before, for that matter - it is a fine update to the original trilogy. :lol:

Edited by Penguin-keeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so the family were all at home last night (for the first time in... well, a long time...) so we decided on a "retro games" night and set up the wii :P

All bar one member of my family are still ace Mario Kart players.  I was totally beaten - several times <_<

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TamaMum said:

All bar one member of my family are still ace Mario Kart players.  I was totally beaten - several times <_<

I'm a big Mario Kart fan - I put quite a bit of time into the current one, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch. :D

QvV2NyG.jpg

I also use a vehicle build (Teddy Buggy body, Azure Roller tyres, and Plane Glider) that looks thoroughly ridiculous when paired with my main, Bowser - but it gets results, so he'll just have to deal with it. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn for Christmas, so I spent some time playing that, getting through the main story really! It's fun, a real cute game! I also got Kirby Battle Royale, so once I finished with Extra Epic Yarn, I started that up, and I also really enjoy that one! the different types of battles are nice and quick to get through!! I particularly enjoy Apple Scramble!

Edited by x.Optimistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, Penguin-keeper said:

I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy on the Switch, and I'm currently about halfway into the Turnabout Samurai chapter of the first game.

ePCmNSd.jpg

I haven't played these games since the DS up-ports that introduced them to the West, and I'd all but forgotten how fantastic the first game really was. The second and third ones had some major translation problems, which I would hope have been fixed in this new edition, but I still thoroughly enjoyed them too, and am looking forward to playing them again as well.

I got the Japan-only cartridge release for Christmas, which has English support, but the digital version is occasionally discounted on the eShop, and I would highly recommend picking up this compilation if you've never played these games before and you think that they might be your sort of thing. Or even if you have played them before, for that matter - it is a fine update to the original trilogy. :lol:

I'm playing on the 3DS, and am currently on Case 4 of Justice for All (the second game.) IMO, the second game was mediocre up to here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Deru-sama said:

I'm playing on the 3DS, and am currently on Case 4 of Justice for All (the second game.) IMO, the second game was mediocre up to here.

The second and third games do not stand on their own well, and they never did, but I enjoyed them enough to forgive them that. :P The second one definitely picks up a lot more towards the end, I agree. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today;

Pi14nVh.jpg

I finished up Kirby Super Star, in the Nintendo Switch Online SNES games selection, by unlocking and completing The Arena. :D

rClSEj2.jpg

And I also spent a while playing Blazing Beaks, which is a twin-stick Rogue-lite shooter with procedurally-generated levels, featuring cute birds and weird monsters, and valuable loot that acts as a power-down until you can sell it - if you live that long. :D I main the penguin, naturally. ;)

Edited by Penguin-keeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest DLC for Fire Emblem: Three Houses dropped today, including the new side story Cindered Shadows, so I'm playing through that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doom Eternal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bouncing between Animal Crossing New Horizons and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones right now, both very enjoyable games for their own reasons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this