Thoughts on the new Tamagotchi 20th Anniversary plushes

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
A new line of Tamagotchi plushes based on the classic Western artwork was recently released in the US. They're manufactured by Little Buddy Toys - a company which is best known as the US distributor of plushes by the Japanese manufacturer, San-ei. As far as I know, this is the first time that Little Buddy Toys has picked up a license as a manufacturer, rather than just as a distributor.

I ordered Mimitchi from Amazon.com, and he's just arrived with me today.

58BkAA5.jpg

5cr7jv2.jpg

Here he is! :wub: I took pictures of the back and the front in order to show that every detail is present and correct.

This is a really nice, chunky, cuddly plush, and is of very high quality. There are some plastic beanie beans in the base for stability. He's actually a little bit bigger all around than I had expected, even though I had checked the size prior to purchase, which was a nice surprise!

I'm really impressed by how nice this plush is, and I hope that merchandise like this will help the future of the Tamagotchi brand outside of Japan.

DJpqC9x.jpg

3yakaSO.jpg

I also liked the fact that the hang-tag was in the iconic egg shape, and uses the classic branding. :D What doesn't show so clearly in the photographs, though, is that the classic artwork has been given a slightly pixellated look, here, for a bit of a retro feel.

I always felt that the later Western logos dropped a lot of the personality that had previously been built up for the brand, so it's always nice to see the classic look put in an appearance!

4drBhQu.jpg

Last but not least, here's Mimitchi with Tarakotchi, just to show the size difference between the vintage beanies and the new plushes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
You're very welcome, and thanks for your reply! :D

I've just discovered that the hang-tags on these plushes actually match the hang-tags from the old beanies from back in the day, which is a really nice touch. I didn't realise this when I wrote up my thoughts before, as I bought my Tarakotchi second-hand, and got him quite recently.

I really hope that they make more of these plushes - they really are very nice.

I'm very torn between thinking the Mimitchi plush is really cute, but also a little bit terrifying - I think it might be the mouth :p I didn't even realise the plushes were still being made!

I'm very torn between thinking the Mimitchi plush is really cute, but also a little bit terrifying - I think it might be the mouth :p I didn't even realise the plushes were still being made!
These are brand new - they've shown up in the US within the last couple of weeks! There are three others, too: Mametchi, Kuchipatchi, and Ginjirotchi. I didn't get any of those. :p

Amazon.com will ship them from the US to the UK, which is how I got mine. :D

These are brand new - they've shown up in the US within the last couple of weeks! There are three others, too: Mametchi, Kuchipatchi, and Ginjirotchi. I didn't get any of those. :p

Amazon.com will ship them from the US to the UK, which is how I got mine. :D
I would LOVE a Kuchipatchi one... maybe I'll look into getting one shipped over too, and it is my birthday soon ;)

I would LOVE a Kuchipatchi one... maybe I'll look into getting one shipped over too, and it is my birthday soon ;)
Amazon themselves are out of stock right now, but here's the link - you might want to save it so that you keep an eye on it for when they restock.

Super cute! I need one! Kutchipatchi would be adorable, and as you can probably see, he’s my fave character, so I am also in the squad who want the Kutchipatchi one!

Fingers crossed for a Kusatchi! :D
If there ever is one, I would expect it to be very round. :lol: That seems to be a common trait with these anniversary plushes.

I went for Mimitchi because I feel that, out of all of them, this particular plush has the best likeness to the character. The rest of them seemed to be too round (that's why I didn't pick up Kuchipatchi or Ginjirotchi), or otherwise not quite how I would like the likeness to be*, for me.

*I know that the old Western art depicted Mametchi with dot-eyes because that was how Mametchi looked on-screen, for example, but all of the vintage Mametchi merchandise always had the big, cartoony eyes. Seeing an anniversary plush which doesn't have that felt a bit weird to me. :lol:

Yeah, the roundness is what kept me from getting Kuchipatchi. I figure at least with Kusatchi, it's basically a ball anyhow, so as long as the plant-y bits are fine it should work. XD

I really want a Mimitchi. <3 So precious and cute. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back