KidRetro64

Fake Tamagotchis Are All over the Internet

Just thought I'd mention this here but, has anyone else been getting any "Get a free Tamagotchi here!" adds on this site? I've been noticing quite a few show up lately, and all of them have the fake 4 button Connections on them.

That's really unfortunate. Have you reported it to any of the site staff to see if they're able to take some sort of action about it?

• Like 1

I'm ordering a bunch of these fake connections. They may be cheap, crappy and low quality but as a collector I must have them all.

Yeah, the websites that give them away free is basically just promoting the fakes, its called TamagotchiCub. Yeah..

It's just a scam. They're not "free", you have to pay a shipping fee which is worth more than the fake itself.

• Like 1

Wow. That really is terrible.

I don’t see the purpose of calling them free if this is the case, it probably Varys from where you live.

I don’t see the purpose of calling them free if this is the case, it probably Varys from where you live.

What's more eyecatching?

"FREE!"

"JUST PAY SHIPPING!"

;)

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

What's more eyecatching?

"FREE!"

"JUST PAY SHIPPING!"

;)

Not so free anymore!!

Also, check this out:

Tamagotchiwikia.com

Those fakes are new!!

Edited by KidRetro64

Just bought one of these fakes yesterday. As far as I can Tell they share the same inner workings with the penguin/apple/heart/digipet variants. I'll see when it arrives if I inbox it.

If you go on eBay, the first page of tamas are all fakes. I’ve seen loads of the one with different coloured tamas in eggs. Trying to avoid them if I ever want to collect

THIS IS JUST A GUESS BUT...

I think the fakes that are labled connection and those other ones are made by the same company???

Just bought one of these fakes yesterday. As far as I can Tell they share the same inner workings with the penguin/apple/heart/digipet variants. I'll see when it arrives if I inbox it.

Yep, they use the same software as all of those and more - there's even a variant that's attached to the top of a ball-point pen, now!

I bought a penguin one because I wanted to add one to my virtual pets collection for the sheer stupidity of it, without handing over good money for a badly-made counterfeit - some UK shops were carrying the penguin, apple, and heart ones for a few pounds each before Christmas last year, packaged and distributed by a large UK toys and giftwares company (PMS International), which was why I grabbed one.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, we're not referring to generic virtual pets where auction-titles have the word Tamagotchi included so as to catch people's attention, here.

YeHxza5.png

0awfzz3.jpg

As you can see, they don't just put the name in auction-titles and on listing images, but they also put it on the product and on the packaging. The counterfeits have the Tamagotchi Connection logo on them - that's why they're counterfeits. The intention is to deceive.

Anyway, they're not easy to spot for a lot of people, unfortunately. I once saw a video-review of one that was created by a person who'd spoken about how they owned a Tamagotchi when they were a child; They had no idea that the four-button fake was a counterfeit product, and then concluded that people shouldn't bother with the Tamagotchi Connection because it's bad. They later edited the video's title to clarify that it was actually a fake after numerous comments on the video pointed out that it was a fake.

It's exactly the same shell as the DigiPet. Only with Tamagotchi written on it.

Here's the DigiPet version from my collection.

digipet.jpg

• Like 1

That's really unfortunate. Have you reported it to any of the site staff to see if they're able to take some sort of action about it?

No I haven't. Do you think you could tell me how?