Tamagotchi P2s and screw sizing?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porg

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

After not being very active here, due to my life being a bit on the hectic side at the moment, I’ve finally found five minutes to sit down and type something! :D

During my time away, I am pleased to say that I have been playing with my little virtual friends. I decided to try and revive my P2- which was a terrifying and interesting experience, given it involved me opening it up to give it a clean (much to my frustration, the buttons are still a bit slow on their responses).

I wanted to change the screws on it, due to having one thread/strip quite badly. I ordered some replacement screws (for vintage Tamas) from JYW- which work wonderfully on my Angel and P1’s. However, upon trying to replace my P2’s screws, they just don’t seem to fit? They don’t appear to be large enough and fall straight out- even when being screwed in repetitively.

At first I thought there might be something odd going on with my back- maybe I had damaged the case. So, I tried it on my other P2- only to experience exactly the same issue!

Are the screws for the P2 different to the Angel and the P1- and if so, does anyone know where I could buy some more firmer replacements? I’m already looking into buying a Dremel to lightly drill at the back of a couple of my Tamas that have dud screws, as my local jewellers/watch repair shops/etc sadly could not get them out and this is what they recommended I do. I want to minimalize/stop the chances of screw threading in the future, so I am looking to replace my vintage screws on all my Tamas- although the P2s have me absolutely stumped on sizing! :huh:

If you find out the answer this, I'd love to know, as I actually have a P1 that has the exact same issue! It has a missing screw on the back, and I have a bag of screws that are the right size, but they're too small for this particular P1, and the next size up that I'm aware of appears to be too big.

I can only assume that they used slightly differently-sized screws at some point as part of a running change to production, and that it simply hasn't been documented by enthusiasts until now - so here I am to corroborate the issue that you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back