Marzipan's Tamagotchi Log // Quarter-life Crisis edition

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marzipan

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Welcome to my tama log :wub:

I'm really bad at starting things like this so I'll just hop right into it with a quick little story of my history with tamas and go from there.

I got my first tamagotchi (a light blue shell) when the connection V1s came out, back in the early 2000s. I was in grade school (3rd or 4th grade maybe? The memory is fuzzy) and quickly became obsessed with them. Tamagotchis really blew up at my school- (me and my friend group managed to get them banned because they were a distraction during class), but after the V2s came out everyone quickly lost interest except for me it seemed like.

My little sister and I each got one tamagotchi connection when each new version released- from V1 all the way to V4.5. She loved pink and got pink themed ones, and I got the blue ones. We usually only ran one or two at a time, but there was a very ambitious period of time where I ran all five of mine at once. When I got to high school our obsession kind of faded away due to a gross combination of being really busy with work and several people telling me I was too old for them.

They were in storage, forgotten about for years, until my mom brought them out two years ago at a garage sale. She wanted to sell them for $2 apiece, and I wasn't too sure about it because of nostalgia. One of the neighbor girls happened to come over and see them and started asking lots of questions about what they were. She was around the same age as I was when I started playing with tamagotchis, and I gave them to her. The look on her face was priceless, and I don't regret doing so, but at the same time I do regret giving away every single one of my old ones.

Cut to this month. I am now 22, newly graduated, ((and no idea what I'm going to do yet post-grad, hence the title of my log :D )) shopping at Target with my boyfriend. I happened to pass by an endcap on the toy section and see the 20th anniversary minis. I got really excited about them and started talking my boyfriends ear off about how much they meant to me in my childhood. He suggested that I get one. I started to say that I was too old, and that I probably had a million other things to do with my time, but being the wonderful human he is, he encouraged me to get it.

I am now the proud owner of a white mini with blue buttons. It was the closest one that my store had to my original light blue one. ((I would include pictures but I'm still trying to figure out how to do so.)) I'm really enjoying it so far- it is very basic and simple, but it really brought me back to my love of tamagotchis. So much so that I'm scouting eBay, hoping to add some more to my collection. My next post will actually get into the log, I just wanted to introduce myself quickly to everyone before I got into the log!

xx Marzipan

uQw0VRd.jpg

The only tamagotchi I have running is the white mini I talked about in the previous post- he's an Oyajitchi[SIZE=12.8px]. I'm honestly baffled at this, because I've been taking pretty subpar care of him this entire week that I've had him. One day I even left him at home by accident when I went to work so he was not cared for from 8a-5p and yet he was still fine, only a couple of poops to clean up and a sickness that went away easily. I feel like the minis are pretty indestructible in regards to care but I could have just been lucky. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Side note- is it possible to turn the volume off on the minis? Currently I keep it at the very bottom of my purse to muffle the sound during the workday but I'm still worried about people hearing it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]Oh! A bit of exciting news; I found someone on facebook marketplace selling a lot of 4 tamagotchi connections for $15. The lot contains a v2, 2 v3s, and a v4. The seller said that they all work, but 2 out of the 4 are missing their backs. I'm fine with this, because the tamagotchis were still less expensive than anything I've seen going on eBay lately, and because I'm not planning on using more than one at any given time so I can just switch the backs up a little bit. He shipped it today and we both live in the US, so hopefully I'll get them soon! ^_^ [/SIZE][SIZE=12.8px] [/SIZE]

Yay! So excited to see yet another new log pop up in the forums. :D

Congrats on that steal from facebook, you lucky duck! You're never too old for tamas, btw.

Oh and to answer your question on sound, just press A + C (first and last button) at the same time, or hold C down and press A to pull up the sound menu.

Oyajitchi is the "old" character you get after raising your tama for a week. You get him no matter what (unless you get Bill from Mametchi), so it has nothing to do with care! ^_^

Can't wait to read more! :wub:

Yay! So excited to see yet another new log pop up in the forums. :D

Congrats on that steal from facebook, you lucky duck! You're never too old for tamas, btw.

Oh and to answer your question on sound, just press A + C (first and last button) at the same time, or hold C down and press A to pull up the sound menu.

Oyajitchi is the "old" character you get after raising your tama for a week. You get him no matter what (unless you get Bill from Mametchi), so it has nothing to do with care! ^_^

Can't wait to read more! :wub:

Thank you for the lovely response! :) I had tried to do something similar to shut off the volume previously but the buttons are just so dang tiny! haha I'll be attempting that again now that I know that there is a way.

I had never gotten Oyajitchi before on my old tamas, kind of cool to be getting a new character (and at the same time so creepy... I much prefer the characters that don't look like little people).

Mini update: My little Oyajitchi is still bouncing around, happy as ever even though I've had him for almost two weeks now. I'm really digging the mini so far, I think that it is such a great, low-maintenance tama to start out with if you're like me and just starting to get back into tamagotchis.

Once "little egg" (I'm so good at nicknames, I know) leaves and goes back to his home planet I think I'm going to try and get Mametchi. Thanks to Hapi I now know all characters except for him turn into Oyajitchi in the end so we'll try and go for him to get a little variety while I'm waiting for my connections to come in the mail. ^_^

jUT2XhA.jpg

Little Egg is still going strong! We're matching today so I snapped a quick picture :D

I ordered a V4 from eBay yesterday because I found a good deal on one of the shells I really like, so hopefully that should be coming soon! I'm a little nervous for it to arrive, I've never bought anything off of eBay before but the seller was really nice- she has a 100% satisfaction rating and she's including a new battery and free shipping!

And of course, as soon as I bought it, I found a sunflower V4 (my favorite tama I used to own back in the day) on eBay that is currently going for a lot less than I've seen recently. I might try to snag that one as well... I'm horribly bad at the actual auctions though so I probably won't get it! Two V4s might be a little excessive but oh well haha

iKijv6q.jpg

Last night Little Egg decided to return to his home planet/die. Sorry the picture is a little dark! It was kinda cool to see this animation because I've only ever had connections before, which have the floating angel wings in the middle of the screen. True story, the first time I ever had a tama die I wasn't looking at the screen and I assumed at first it had evolved again :')

Anyway, I'm thankful for Little Egg getting me back into tamas. :kusatchi: We had a good run! He left a new egg in his place, which hatched into my new little friend.... Happy. (I took name suggestions from my 9 year old sister on this one).

QwUMbSI.jpg
NXeOOPT.jpg

Happy had a good few minutes as a happy bouncing blob before nodding off to sleep. He's currently still getting his beauty sleep, but should wake up in the next hour or so! I'm glad that I have a less human-like tama to take care of now, I'm really not a fan of the humanoid ones. I shall enjoy this blob stage while it lasts! :babytchi:

So I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is.... I can't find my mini anywhere :( I went on a trip for work this weekend and brought it with me and I can't find it. I'm hoping to find it tonight once I unpack all of my things properly. Poor Happy -_-

Good news is that my V4 came in the mail!!

EJouh5z.jpg

I quickly reset and waited for something to hatch. I've missed this cute little bouncing egg on the screen.

xQzAJVO.jpg

Out popped a handsome little boy, who I named Acorn. (Back in the day I used to do the alphabetical theme for my tamas so I shall be continuing with that theme! :)

VlUWhXk.jpg

After an hour of care, Acorn turned into a Mohitamatchi. I believe this child has a high likelihood of evolving into the Kuchi family which is exciting! I have such a fondness for most of the little duck based characters :lol:

I'm loving your log so far! :) I also used to do the alphabetical naming system on my old tamas- I ended up making all 32 gens once and haven't done it since, now the pressure to reach the end is high since I did it once lol. I really like the V4 shell you just got and I also love the sunflowers V4, you've got great taste! Looking forward to your updates!

I'm loving your log so far! :) I also used to do the alphabetical naming system on my old tamas- I ended up making all 32 gens once and haven't done it since, now the pressure to reach the end is high since I did it once lol. I really like the V4 shell you just got and I also love the sunflowers V4, you've got great taste! Looking forward to your updates!
Thank you so much :wub: 32 generations is so impressive, I think the highest I've ever gotten to is 13! I'm going to try and set 32 generations as my goal on this one I think, see if I can manage it!

4mgxXMV.jpg

And we have a young Kuchipatchi! I'm trying to decide what adult he should become....hmmm.... any suggestions? :)

4wLsFJS.jpg
o3JvR8Y.jpg

Caught Acorn brushing his teeth this morning right after he evolved. He's such a cutie! ^_^

4mgxXMV.jpg

And we have a young Kuchipatchi! I'm trying to decide what adult he should become....hmmm.... any suggestions? :)
Hmmm how about an adult Kuchipatchi. ^_^ They're cute and they can evolve into this special character with the bird nest on his head. :p Or this tama that looks like a yellow dinosaur. Or the other that is like a caterpillar.

Hmmm how about an adult Kuchipatchi. ^_^ They're cute and they can evolve into this special character with the bird nest on his head. :p Or this tama that looks like a yellow dinosaur. Or the other that is like a caterpillar.
I decided to go with the little caterpillar! :)

Short and sweet little update:

4NsyWqB.jpg
BYs1hc9.jpg

Last night I caught Acorn taking a bath! I've been playing lots of games and sending him to school with Mr. Turtle (? not sure if he has a name or not) to get very smart and become a little caterpillar! I was debating between that and the route to the special character, but because this is my first time with the attributes system in quite a while, it would be practically impossible to get enough haha

I'll try and update again later today, Acorn is 3 now and I believe he's due to grow up into an adult today!

As expected, Acorn grew up into a Minotchi yesterday!

xKPPgFM.jpg

Just a cute little caterpillar crawling around on screen :)

fHjojkQ.jpg

Here's Acorn getting up close and personal and saying hello! I went and saw Avengers: Infinity War last night and it was a long movie (It started at 7 and we got out at 9:45ish). I highly recommend it- it was a lot darker than the others but still felt like a Marvel movie. And that's all I'll say because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. I paused Acorn during this because I didn't want anything distracting me from the movie, and then I forgot to unpause him before I went to bed. As of today he's still 3, and still without a job.

I babysat this entire weekend so there wasn't a lot of time to log. Truth be told, I probably won't be logging much on the weekends because I don't have a computer at home, I just have access to one at work and I don't like logging on my phone.

Acorn is 6 now, works at the hospital, and we're just awaiting a matchmaker visit!

As I suspected, today was the day! :)

h6JLxlY.jpg

The matchmaker came this morning and offered up this lovely little lady for Acorn.

xMgyNji.jpg

Acorn and the beautiful Violetchi hit it off immediately!

gP5oER4.jpg

One could even say...sparks flew!

ay9gobT.jpg

Acorn's now the proud papa of a bouncing baby boy! Hmm... now to think of names that start with a B.

So Acorn actually stayed with his baby for a total of two days, which was unexpected but nice! Perhaps I'm just remembering wrong and that's the norm- but he had his baby the 30th and then left this morning (the 2nd) when I thought he would leave on the 1st.

I enjoyed the extra time with Acorn, and this morning he left at the age of 7, leaving this baby boy behind.

2svJMzd.jpg

I ended up naming him Bok (like Bok Choy...) because I've decided to go with not only an alphabetical theme, but a food theme as well. We've been playing a ton of games together to boost happiness because Acorn ended up being a little chunky as a result of me feeding him too many snacks.... haha

R4c2zjq.jpg

After the ever-needy baby hour- Bok evolved into Mizutamatchi! I love this toddler, he looks like a fluffy little cloud ^_^ (Also, I apologize for the weird lighting, I haven't quite gotten the hang of taking tama pictures yet!)

xydIQ8s.jpg

I'm moving to a different state in July with my long-term boyfriend and it just hit me yesterday that I only have two full months until the big move! I'm so not prepared when I think of all the moving and planning that needs to be done between now and then. I've got to say- the tamagotchi has been a great distraction to me. It's nice to go back to basics and forget about my stress by taking care of this cute little blob of pixels.

q1cRRQZ.jpg
oaTrMML.jpg

Bok got into his preschool class yesterday and spent a lot of time with his teacher, trying to be a smart little cloud!

QzLpleq.jpg

This morning he grew into a Hinotamatchi, or a "fireballhead" as my grade school self used to call him. One of my favorite teen characters. :tarakotchi: *does happy dance* Now to decide if I should go for Shimashimatchi or Togetchi or Tosakatchi. The first two are some of my favorite adults, but I've never had Tosakatchi before.... decisions decisions....

I love your blog entries. Your first one was well written!

I am THIS CLOSE to getting a V4 from Amazon. It's blue.

It would be my first vintage Tamagotchi, but I'm really excited.

Do you know what Tamagotchis the connection V4 connects to (what a jumble of words)?

Also, when you wrote about entering high school and being "too old," for them, just know that NOTHING SHOULD
STOP ANYONE FROM DOING WHAT THEY LOVE. I'm a graduating freshman and even if my best friend is telling me

that I could recolor them by burning them black, I still use em. You're never too old for your personal enjoyment. :wub:

I honestly look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Latest posts

Back