First color tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kopeh

Reaction score
hello tamatalk :lol:

ive owned gen 1-5 connection tamas in the past as well as some other versions/knockoffs and recently found my familitchi. i used to be very into tamagotchi, also being active in forums etc.

so this spark really got lit up in me again! i even waited a few weeks to see if it was just nostalgia, but i still really want to buy a new tama. hence the thread.

my budget is quite small right now though, so i would only get one (probably used) tama.

ive been looking around a bit - the p's is praised the most, but being out of production and so popular its pretty pricey. i also dont like the shell that much, but :unsure: thats a very small con.

about the 4u, my phone has nfc but i cant find it on the "can connect/can't connect" lists - the only other alcatel phones i found on there dont even have nfc according to some phone hardware website - so i really dont know if itd work! I have the 6039Y model, and they do sell this model in japan, so maybe theres a chance. how does the 4u fare without any downloadable content?

those two stood out to me because there seem to be many conversations in the new tama models and there are english patches for them, but well, my japanese isnt that bad at least :p and tamas are generally easy to understand.

concerning the m!x, i read that its very breeding heavy and has less content and that there are things you cant unlock on the regular versions.. the concept and videos ive seen still seem fun though.

some misc things.. ive looked at the character charts of iD to m!x and dont really have a clear preference of one over the other. i also enjoyed the anime. i can also use the tama all day, doesnt need a good pause feature.

GENERALLY - just from reading the features, all of them seem to have enough new things for me since i would mostly compare them to the familitchi as thats the only one i can play right now.

the thing i probably like least about familitchi is that the evolution of your characters almost solely relies on the bonding%.

im just really bad at making decisions and it feels like reading about those cant compare to just playing on them, so thats why i decided to ask for advice after all

sorry for how long/specific this is, and you probably get "recommend me something!" really often.

tldr; i want to buy my first color tama but price matters, 4U phone compatibility is unclear (and probalby not there :p )

what are your thoughts on this as people who have played on the tamas?

can i just go for the cheapest one, is it worth waiting for a good deal p's, etc? :wacko:

4U is not good without any downloadable content mainly because it has very little built in characters. You'd really have to consider buying a compatible phone for it, and guesswork isn't good for it since even the phones on the list sometimes don't work, and it doesn't even matter if said phone is sold in japan or not. People usually buy certain compatible phones straight from people in the Tamagotchi community, like fuzzy-n-chic that sells phones that have both NFC nad IRDA in them which cost about 70$ I believe. But I still sort of like 4U more than the M!X. M!X is fun at first but just mixing the characters and getting married is all there is to it in the long run, while the 4U at least has that whole school thing.

4U is not good without any downloadable content mainly because it has very little built in characters. You'd really have to consider buying a compatible phone for it, and guesswork isn't good for it since even the phones on the list sometimes don't work, and it doesn't even matter if said phone is sold in japan or not. People usually buy certain compatible phones straight from people in the Tamagotchi community, like fuzzy-n-chic that sells phones that have both NFC nad IRDA in them which cost about 70$ I believe. But I still sort of like 4U more than the M!X. M!X is fun at first but just mixing the characters and getting married is all there is to it in the long run, while the 4U at least has that whole school thing.
Yes, I agree. Luckily I have a phone that’s compatible, but unless you can confirm that, I would not recommend it unless you can use the app.

My first color tama is the 4U and luckily i have an NFC that connects to the app. I own a Samsung S6. It is fun if you can dowload things but if not dont. For a list of compatible devices you can check here:https://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

Also i got last night my first mix and so far i like it. It has many locations to unlock and visit.

As for purchasing on low budget you can check japanyouwant.com thats where i got both used for cheaper. The 4U was on sale for $23+ shipping and the Melody Mix used with original box and instuction was on for $35. You have to keep looking because you might catch great prices and also they go buy quick. Also can go on ebay and buy on auction.

Language wise dont worry because its easy to figure out and for the 4U if u can get the app working there is an english patch for it.

I hope this helps you.

My first color Tamagotchi was the 4U+

I wasn't really exposed to the internet when I got it, so I never knew of "downloadable content."

I just dealt with what I had, and I was happy.

When I first started it though, the beeping when the egg was hatching really annoyed my mother, haha. :D

But, today, I know of the downloadable content and also found out that my phone was not capable. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the lack of content on the M!x gets over emphasized. There's still quite a lot there, especially if you have an anniversary or 2 of them. There are plenty of items and games and events and places to go, but I think because of the breeding mechanic being what it is, you kinda trick yourself into going hard on the mixing and ignore everything else. Because growth to adult is super fast, it sometimes feels like you're just hanging out in the phase, but there's still plenty to enjoy.

....And they're a lot cheaper than some of the other color tamas since they're in production.

Honestly, the Spacy M!x was the first new tama I got when the 20th anniversary minis pulled into the fandom, and while I've griped about the character design off and on, I think I like its growth chart more than other color tamas I've seen.

Granted, I don't have anything from between v5 to M!x, so it's really the only color tama I've experienced, but I liked it enough to buy a second, so... take that for what you will. There are plenty of good logs that deal with the M!x running right now as well, so check 'em out!

My first color Tamagotchi was the iD L and I adored it when I first got it. I don't use it as much now, but I still think it's a really great version. The characters are pretty good, there's plenty of locations to check out, and the built-in games are pretty fun.

Although, my current favorite color Tamagotchi is the P's. It's honestly not too different from the iD L, but I seem to enjoy it more for some reason. The price of a P's has gone way up though, so I can understand the hesitation of buying one. If a good deal comes along, then you might want to consider it. However, good deals for a P's seem to be far and few between, so it's probably not worth waiting for one if you'd really like to have a color tama right now.

Overall, I'd say the iD L is probably the most worth it in terms of current price and content. If you're alright with used tamas, ebay always seems to have great deals on used iD L's. Even new ones don't seem to cost an absurd amount, but the used ones are cheaper and they're easier to find.

thanks everyone!

well, the 4u is kind of out for me, i guess.

to give you the end of the story, i was kinda torn between ID L and m!x, but went with the m!x because i had a voucher i could use to get 18$ off of it.

looking around so much made me want at least 2 versions anyway, so i'll be lurking for a P's now after satisfying my need for a new tama lol. or ID L after all, i'll see.

I think the lack of content on the M!x gets over emphasized. There's still quite a lot there, especially if you have an anniversary or 2 of them. There are plenty of items and games and events and places to go, but I think because of the breeding mechanic being what it is, you kinda trick yourself into going hard on the mixing and ignore everything else. Because growth to adult is super fast, it sometimes feels like you're just hanging out in the phase, but there's still plenty to enjoy.

Granted, I don't have anything from between v5 to M!x, so it's really the only color tama I've experienced, but I liked it enough to buy a second, so... take that for what you will. There are plenty of good logs that deal with the M!x running right now as well, so check 'em out!
thats pretty much what i thought of the m!x, let's wait if its going to be true for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back