Just a question - danganronpa?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breadcrumbs

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of danganronpa? I absolutely love that series, just was wondering if anyone likes it or at least has heard of it.

To sum it up: there have been 3 games and it is basically about a school killing game.
Sorry, I should, have been more specific. I meant it is about this teddy bear who locks 16 gifted students into a school or a school trip and forces them to kill each other if the want to escape, at the expense of their classmates. It’s sounds terrible, but the fandom makes it worth it! :p

I've played all 3 main games and I have a love hate relationship with that series, lol. I love the characters and gameplay but no gonna lie I don't like some of the content it has.

I've played all 3 main games and I have a love hate relationship with that series, lol. I love the characters and gameplay but no gonna lie I don't like some of the content it has.
Same here. The executions are brutal, especially 3rd game. Also half of my favorite characters were either killed or executed ( especially kaede and chiaki) also not to mention the story and the killing premise. None the less, I like the games, very interesting to say the least.

Yeah, most of my favorite characters get executed too, lol. Nothing against the survivors of each game, they're usually decent characters but I just never like that group all that much compared to the characters I liked.

I always try to prevent myself from liking any character before finishing a game, but it's hard. It's mostly to not be too heartbroken about their execution but also because sometimes there's some truth revealed about them somewhere at the end that can change my opinion on the character completely. It was the case with Korekiyo at least, the truth about him made me really uncomfortable, even though I really liked him during the game. I feel like this game series would be considered one of the most violent and objectionable games if it didn't have such a simplistic anime style, which is pretty interesting in it's own right.

Yeah, most of my favorite characters get executed too, lol. Nothing against the survivors of each game, they're usually decent characters but I just never like that group all that much compared to the characters I liked.I always try to prevent myself from liking any character before finishing a game, but it's hard. It's mostly to not be too heartbroken about their execution but also because sometimes there's some truth revealed about them somewhere at the end that can change my opinion on the character completely. It was the case with Korekiyo at least, the truth about him made me really uncomfortable, even though I really liked him during the game. I feel like this game series would be considered one of the most violent and objectionable games if it didn't have such a simplistic anime style, which is pretty interesting in it's own right.
Yeah, the most interesting game for me was V3 because the ending. The fact this is a show that people view in the universe is very sickening, lol. The fact that Kaede was executed when she didn’t kill the victim is also crazy. This was one of the games that I liked the Survivors. But yeah, V3 imo is the last game, of a new one comes out, I might not get it lol

I've played all the Danganronpa games! I've been into the series since about mid-2013 I think? The first game is definitely my favourite!

Hm.. is it too late to comment? I think the cap on bumping is like 3months, so...

Yeah, I like DR. Back in ye olde 2013 tumblr, misspellings of character names were popular - I liked (and still like) Hagakure, so hagakrure was born.

A lot of the writing can be shoddy at times, but there's certainly been worse. I like all games in different ways, though I'm quite angry at how the writers treat the dead kids from the first game. One scene in the dr3 anime compared to literally 12 episodes for SDR2 kids? Not really that great, IMHO. Plus that one scene in future arc literally just took the dead characters and used them as a plot device.

That being said, I love the characters dearly. For the most part my favourites survived, but in the third game I think my favourite character died unfairly. Still mad about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back