Best Tamagotchi for Vacation?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenRita

Reaction score
Hi! I'm brand new to Tamagotchi collecting and I'm not sure what tamas to get! I currently have a pink anniversary M!X with everything unlocked and a V5 Tamagotchi Connection that I got in the mail two days ago. I just made my tamatalk account today and I read through everything, but if I'm in the wrong place please let me know and I'll be sure to look at things more carefully in the future.

My question is, what kind of Tamagotchi is best for being on vacation? B)

We always travel by car and I can't drive, so I'd like a Tamagotchi that has really good mini games, or maybe just a variety of mini games/things to do. Since we're in the car I also need one that has decent battery life. I would like one that isn't too well needy, as once we're actually at our vacation spot I likely won't be able to spend too too much time with it, though checking it every once in a while or pausing it I have no issue with. I'll be in the car with other people so the ability to mute it would be highly appreciated. I know there's one Tamagotchi that you can get an app for and download content onto? I'm not certain it'll work on my phone (iPhone 6+), or if it needs the internet to do so, but I'm open to getting something cheap that may work with it. I have a fair amount of money I can spend though I'd prefer not to spend over $100, and honestly $50 is where I start to get iffy.

I will and can gladly research different Tamagotchis and see which ones I like the most, not to mention my birthday is here in just a few days and I've asked for some Tamas from that too, though the most likely gift will be cash, and that only gives me more room to figure out my car entertainment plans.

I'm open to looking at non-Tamagotchi virtual pets as well, though since I know how to get better information on Tamagotchi's I'd prefer those! I'm open to any suggestions, thank you so much and have a nice day! :)

TLDR; I go on a lot of summer car trips and would like a virtual pet (Tamagotchi preference) to play with on the road. I need something with plenty to do and a good battery life that isn't too needy/can be paused and can be muted as well. A point in the right direction or any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some kind of an English connection perhaps, English connections have the most games usually. Maybe a v3 or a v4-v4.5. They're not too needy and a battery can usually last in them for a few months.

An iD L is also a decent canditate if you can find a cheap one, though to get more than 2 built in games in it you'd need a phone with an irda.

I think a Tamagotchi School would also be fun, though you don't raise anything in it, you have a goal of getting as many students in it as possible.

Thank you so much! I'm open to other suggestions and tips about why whatever would be best but I'll certainly look into and research those! I don't believe my phone can download anything to an iD L but I'll go and look into that too just in case. ^_^ Ty!

Irda phones are absolete by now, in order to download things into an iD L you'd need an old model either way (like an old flip phone or just an old Nokia), I think its worth it but i know in a lot of countries its kind of hard to find something like that easily. But the two games built into iD L are still pretty fun and theres a plenty of things to do in this version. But overall i'd look into connections, especially the v4 line.

There are some English models on JYW for a pretty good price right now:

https://japanyouwant.com/product-category/tamagotchi/english-model

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang! When I was making my birthday wishlist there was hardly any english tamas I was interested in up :( I may still get something for myself from JYW though, I'm looking at reviews and stuff right now and I'm really interested in both the v4 and v4.5s! Hopefully I'll come up with a decision soon enough so I can order before my trips.

the connections are indeed nice for car trips, my childhood can confirm. its just bad if you drive during the night and cant get a light on it. otherwise go for it.

getting a tama you can download games on, like ID L or P's, will probably give you nice variety since you can change the games

(although you can only have 2 built in and 2 downloadable games at the same time, so you have to delete/send new games with the IDR phone)

list of downloadable games: ID L P's

iPhone 6+ is not 4u compatible

oo! Thank you! ^_^ We may drive a tad during the night, its a 2 day car trip and we're going to make road-side attraction stops, but I don't think it'll be a problem. My phone is plenty bright and the babies will probably be in bed themselves after not too long.

It sucks that my phone isn't 4U compatible, I remember when I was looking for my very first Tamagotchi I was really interested in a 4U but I could never figure out if my phone was compatible or not, and I didn't want to find out through disappointing means... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back