Podcasts

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenRita

Reaction score
Anyone listen to podcasts? I super love listening to My Brother My Brother and Me, the McElroys make me so happy, haha. Sawbones is pretty good too, I really like medical history, and History of Fun has a Tamagotchi episode, even! I adore, podcasts, so much...

MBMBaM does have, a good amount of swearing, and sometimes not appropriate topics and jokes, but the whole point of the podcast is to answer advice questions in a fun way, with NO serious answers, that everyone can enjoy so long as you're a cool baby B) (really just means you can listen to the show comfortably and not, be upset by the language they use. it's not an overuse of swearing but, it is in there!)

Sawbones and History of Fun are both family friendly and review over history, Sawbones being medical history and History of Fun being, well, the history of fun things! The Tamagotchi episode of History of Fun actually came out the day after I got into Tamagotchi. How cool is that?

All that said and aside, do any of you guys listen to any podcasts?

I listen mostly to the Night Vale Presents podcasts, namely Welcome to Night Vale (of course), Alice Isn't Dead, Within the Wires, and my favorite: The Orbiting Human Circus (of the Air). Julian Koster is amazing.

I've also listened to a bit of The Adventure Zone and I liked it.

I listen mostly to the Night Vale Presents podcasts, namely Welcome to Night Vale (of course), Alice Isn't Dead, Within the Wires, and my favorite: The Orbiting Human Circus (of the Air). Julian Koster is amazing.

I've also listened to a bit of The Adventure Zone and I liked it.
Ooo!! I love TAZ... I never finished it and I'm not caught up either but, it's really fun to listen to. I don't have the focus for it though ): My friends keep recommending WTNV to me but I'm not sure how much I'd like it, and I know know one of my more distant friends really enjoys Alice Isn't Dead.

I've never heard of the others though, what're they? O:

I also can't focus on TAZ, I can only listen to it on very long car rides and sadly these don't happen often. :/

I think Welcome to Night Vale is really worth getting into, though it's quite long by now. It has an amazing cast of characters and while it takes place in a quite scary town, it can be really funny at times. It's a classic.

WTNV is created by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, and Alice Isn't Dead is created mostly by Joseph Fink, while Within the Wires is created mostly by Jeffrey Cranor, if that makes sense. Within the Wires is made to sound like an old relaxation tape you're made to listen to in some kind of a test facility (it kind of reminds me of the game Portal, if I'm being honest). It refers to you in second person, so it can give you some paranoia, but rest assured at some point it is revealed that you're an actual named character, so if you keep that in mind it can be a bit less creepy. Basically, the narrator of these recordings tries to make you remember certain things, and seems to regret putting you into the situation you are in. I think it turns into romance at some point? I haven't finished it myself.

As for Orbiting Human Circus, its GREAT. Its about a janitor working at the Eiffel Tower in a fictional 80's (presumably) Paris, he really wants to be a part of a certain radio show but he only ruins everything. He is super charming and there are some plot twists at the end. Really worth a listen, especially since there's only 8 episodes+a bonus episode. Falling in love with Julian is guaranteed, be it the janitor or the creator.

Welcome to nightvale is my go to! I tried to get into the thrilling adventure hour but I just couldn't get into and eventually I'll be checking out all the other welcome to nightvale productions (those writers are just so talented)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back