Anyone have this design as a V2?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Nyorotchi

Reaction score
Hi Tamatalk, I hope someone here (possibly also from the UK) can help me out here. Back in 2005, I got my first ever v2's, one of them with this design (which I still own) https://php.scripts.psu.edu/dmh5086/t/i/shells/v2/yellow_stars.jpg and the other one I got swear had this design: https://php.scripts.psu.edu/dmh5086/t/i/shells/v2/yellow_arrows.jpg which had a very short life (it met Mr. Washing Machine a few weeks after running it). My first Tamas I had raised on them both became Nyorotchi.

Everywhere I look online about for this design it is listed as a V1 or Tamagotchi Plus. There is a chance it COULD'VE been this one: https://gamesworldbodmin.co.uk/images/tamagotchi%20v2%20yellow%20and%20orange.JPG but the only two pictures I can find of this design are very low quality and cannot tell which background it has (both of my Tamas had the numbers background) and this design isn't listed on project TamaShell. So does anyone own or seen a V2 tama with the yellow orange arrow design, or am I just going crazy!?

Gosh, I have this design but I'm not sure if its a v1 or a v2... (I know the difference, I just haven't played with it much so I don't remember!) Either way it most likely is from the UK, since I ordered it on a Polish site and we didn't natively get v1 or v2's, so the seller having it from the UK would make the most sense. I could take it out and check later if I don't forget.

[Removed unhelpful advice~]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nyorotchi character was not possible on the V1, so if you're certain that the characters you raised on both of your tamas were Nyorotchi, then you must have had a V2, it can't have been a V1.

That being said, I live in the UK and purchased all my V1-V5 tamas in the UK and all my V2 Connexions have a background design with chequer board or squares - no numbers, so it's possible you might be mistaken about either the background design or the shell?

I'm pretty sure that the Yellow with arrows design was only ever used for the V1 Connexion/Plus. The V2 had a Red with Arrows design but I don't remember Yellow.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

You can reference Project TamaShell to see which version it was!
Sweet Nyorotchi does mention in their first post that the shell design is not listed on Project TamaShell ;)

Well, I'm assuming you know that Nyorotchi was in the V2 and not the V1. I've spent a couple minutes searching around and here's my sloppy compilation.

From what I gather, the Arrow one is coming up as a V1, but I don't know a sure way to tell between v1 and v2 on appearance alone.I did find this though minus the Tamagotchi but still has the same number background

The one you listed says TMGC+PLUS on the top, image 2

here's an odd one though but it's without any background

Nyorotchi. Yellow Connection. Numbered background. This might be a hard one to figure out for a bit. If you remember anything else, let me know! It might help me keep searching.

I'm also digging through bandai for more info

EDIT:

Reread through your post again, and if you're in the UK it should be a little easier to track down and look for a Connexion. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Tamagotchi Plus was only released in JP, so I assume I can forget about you having a JP tama when you were younger.

Arrow Connexion has numbers. I'm also going through someone's blog from V1 to V2, and they have the arrows listed under V1. So from there, I'm just going to count the arrows as V1.

I found the weird orange and yellow one and the background also has numbers. and another! Now my only issue is figuring out whether it's a V1 or V2. o7

I think a V1 and V2 can be told apart by the key chain links. V1's have the classic ones, with chain link bobbles that clip together. The V2's have a proper keyring and thicker chain. I'd guess that arrow one is a V1 based on that.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure it's just another distinction between connection and connexion models. Connexions have the chain while connections have a keyring.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure it's just another distinction between connection and connexion models. Connexions have the chain while connections have a keyring.
You could very well be right. Interesting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Bandai-Tamagotchi-Connection-v1-2004-Yellow-Red-Arrows-European-Design/273085355513?hash=item3f9527d5f9

Seems to be a European model

s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back