Hello!! Long-time reader, first-time poster, I'm sure you know the drill...

I'll just get down to it: I can't be the only one that's been dying to watch the Tamagotchi (2009-2015) anime from start to finish for years, but can't seem to find a single source for subtitled episodes, or even raw episodes anywhere online (yeah, there's a couple episodes here and there, but no one seems to have all 271 episodes).

I think the main reason all requests and attempts to have the anime subtitled have fizzled out is because of the lack of a single, high-quality source that can provide them to those who could make it happen.

Well, I've decided to take matters into my own hands here: I've ordered the first 35 DVDs that make up the 'Tamagotchi!' anime, which include the first 143 episodes of the series, and I'm already making arrangements to get 'Yume Kira Dream', 'Miracle Friends', and 'Go-Go Tamagotchi!' DVDs (as well as the un-dubbed movies) some time before June. I have the necessary (region-unlocking) tools to rip these DVDs in order to get the raw, high quality episodes and share them.

d4f686fcd23328277427308e7b0a7cb3.png

With this in mind, once I gather all of these files together, do you think there could finally be hope in requesting a complete English fansub of the series from a subbing group?
Or possibly, do you think we could try and make one ourselves? I sure as heck couldn't do translations, but I can do some of the more technical things, which is why I'm here in the first place I guess.

In any case, I hope doing this will bring some semblance of hope to anyone like me that's still holding onto hope for ever watching this show, I'll keep you posted as my packages come in!

:wub:

• Like 1

That'd be wonderful! I personally can't sub but I do have a great passion in learning languages, maybe I could start down that path and assist once I get my bearings? O: I'm certain there are others who would love to help, haha. Good luck with the technical aspects!

• Like 1

i could help with subbing, but theres no way i could help with translating

• Like 1

I'm quadlingual but Asian language are not my forte, but I'll support you and your findings.

I appreciate your goal and your grit and effort to get this together. :wub:

• Like 1

This is a good idea.

Some time ago I've seen that somebody commissioned a translator to sub one of the episodes of the anime, so how about we make a fundraiser to commission a subbing group?

• Like 1

Some time ago I've seen that somebody commissioned a translator to sub one of the episodes of the anime, so how about we make a fundraiser to commission a subbing group?

That sounds like a great idea!! I'll have to do a bit more research on the actual process of requesting a thing to be subbed/what our financial goal would look like in terms of commissioning 271 episodes, I'll try to have some sort of blog up for this 'project' and some vague list of what's needed by the time I have the discs

Edited by Mudflap

How are the raw files going? Would also be interested in the project.

• Like 1

How are the raw files going? Would also be interested in the project.

Sorry for the late reply! I'll give a bit of an update on all the progress so far -

• All the DVDs have arrived (except for the 2 feature-length movies and the 1 short movie that came bundled with the Cocotama movie), this also includes the 3 OVAs released by McDonalds

• I have completely finished ripping the first series, Tamagotchi! and have all the individual episodes (143) saved on my external drive

• One of the Yume Kira Dream discs was glitched, so I've ordered a replacement copy of the first 4 episodes, other than that, the remaining episodes 148-192 have been ripped and and saved on my drive

• I am finishing up Miracle Friends while I type this (episodes 193-221), and right after that I will begin ripping GO-GO Tamagotchi!

I'm going to make another thread later about the crowdfunding for the translation group, once I have a more concrete agreement settled regarding the rates (this is a pretty big series and a pretty big task!)

Anyway, just wanted to pop back in and say this project isn't on hold, it's just getting started, so stay tuned! :wub:

• Like 1

This is very exciting! Thank you for coming forward for the community so much.

• Like 2