A couple questions about the mini...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffpikachu91

Reaction score
I have been running a couple minis for a while now, and I have a couple questions:

Exactly how long is their life span? I think I took good care of mine and it was the baby for 1 day, mametchi for 7 days, and bill for 6 days. Then 2 sick skulls were on the screen for about an hour and it wouldn't let me press any buttons and then he died. So did I run it for it's full lifespan? 14 days?

My other question is, how do you get maskutchi? I have been experimenting a lot with these and have gotten nyorotchi, kutchipatchi, and mametchi (please forgive any spelling errors) but I have not been able to get maskutchi. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ooh, I was actually reading the Wiki on the minis — since I have one as well, and was asking the same questions — but yes! The lifespan of these Tamas are approximately 15 days, according to Wikipedia. I'm not sure if that means yours died prematurely, or it's just a case-by-case situation.

My friend got Masukutchi by completely neglecting hers?

She cared for her Tama for about an hour, then left it alone until it evolved.

I was very attentive towards mine, but I ended up with Nyorotchi. [i was constantly feeding my Tama though, so it must've been from being overfed;;;]

From Nyorotchi, I got Oyajitchi, and still have him around now!

I wish I could be of more help, but that was just our experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my old statuses (since I made one when I first go me mini and then when it departed) and my Mametchi who later turned Bill lived for approximately 14 days also. Since Mametchi is the healthiest character, 14 days (or the equivalent time in hours) must be the full lifespan. As the minis evolve after a certain time and not in real time days, the full lifespan may seem like 15 days if it evolves the day after it was hatched. I wonder if pausing might alter this period like it does for a regular Tamagotchi. In case both of you are unfamiliar, by pausing I mean putting the clock in set mode - which puts the tamagotchi in limbo - and then coming back much later, and setting the clock to the correct time. Thus if the clock was paused at 2:00 pm and then set to 4:45 pm, I wonder if the internal lifespan start counting down from the new time instead of 2:00 pm. I have a feeling it would work this way but I doubt I will get to test this as the minis are not so intensive that they need to be paused.

As for obtaining Maskutchi, the mini's programming still needs to be tested to figure what is the criteria for certain characters, but I can definitely tell you that Maskutchi is achieved from nearly perfect care. I say that because the minis are based on the original Tamagotchi which had a growth chart that divided characters into loose care categories. On the original Tamagotchi, Maskutchi was an average care character but since the mini has a reduced character pool (because of the secret characters), I am certain Maskutchi has replaced Ginjirotchi as the near perfect character. Thus the grouping probably work as Mametchi is achieved from "perfect" care, Maskutchi from "near perfect" care, Kuchipatchi from "average" care, and Nyorotchi from "bad" care.

Now I think I remember giving my mini 10 care mistakes (the meters ran empty 10 times) and I got Mametchi. In my current run, I gave my mini approximately 15 care mistakes and I got Kuchipatchi. I imagine Maskutchi lies between 11-14 care mistakes, but some things still need to be tested (such as does the amount of time on empty meters matter? Does becoming sick by piled up messes matter? Does turning off the light matter?). I'm sure you'll see the rough idea, though.

I wonder if pausing might alter this period like it does for a regular Tamagotchi. In case both of you are unfamiliar, by pausing I mean putting the clock in set mode - which puts the tamagotchi in limbo - and then coming back much later, and setting the clock to the correct time. Thus if the clock was paused at 2:00 pm and then set to 4:45 pm, I wonder if the internal lifespan start counting down from the new time instead of 2:00 pm. I have a feeling it would work this way but I doubt I will get to test this as the minis are not so intensive that they need to be paused.
I can confirm that using the clock-set pause trick on the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini works exactly the same as it does on the originals (and, indeed, on the Shuku 20 Shunen replicas).

Thank you all for the thoughtful and detailed replies! I know the wikia page said age 15, and that's why I wasn't sure, since mine lived 14 days, and I don't think I neglected it enough for it to die prematurely. Maybe it "turns 1" when it hatches?

On my minis, I have completely ignored the baby and got Nyorotchi , fed it on my breaks at work (every 2-3 hrs) amd got kutchipatchi, fed it every half hour and got mametchi, and fed it every 1-1.5 hours and got mametchi. That's just my experiences.

On a side note, I have been running a shuku 20 shunen (p2) and I have zuccitchi. He is 14 now. Is there a chance he will turn into the secrect character?

The general consensus is that if you fully discipline and take good care of your Zuccitchi, he may become the secret character. I've run my vintage P2's quite a bit and still have yet to grasp what is actually needed to get the secret character. Furthermore, it seems nobody has gotten a clear idea of it either with some people speculating it may be luck based.

Okay, thank you Knighttchi for the info. Today my zuccitchi is 15 and still no change so who knows...😌

Last edited by a moderator:
The general consensus is that if you fully discipline and take good care of your Zuccitchi, he may become the secret character. I've run my vintage P2's quite a bit and still have yet to grasp what is actually needed to get the secret character. Furthermore, it seems nobody has gotten a clear idea of it either with some people speculating it may be luck based.
It's care. I've been able to do it twice on my P2 since coming back to the fandom (check out my log, one of the runs is in there somewhere). Get Zuccitchi, then do perfect care.

It's care. I've been able to do it twice on my P2 since coming back to the fandom (check out my log, one of the runs is in there somewhere). Get Zuccitchi, then do perfect care.
"Perfect care" is the foggy bit. I did a somewhat brief search of your log (side note: I will get around to reading the whole thing, just waiting for the right moment) and did find your entries with Zatchi. Perhaps my search was too brief because the only care specifics I saw mentioned were for getting Zuccitchi by keeping its meters half-full. It seems that traditionally, "perfect care" meant keeping hunger and happiness completely full, either never letting it drop past two empty or never letting it drop at all. I'm assuming you meant that method of care, but correct me if I'm wrong. My problem with that definition of "perfect care" is that I've gotten both Mimitch and Zatchi without giving that level of care. In both cases, I let neither character get any care mistakes, disciplined them fully, and let their meters drop down to three empty a handful of times. Because of this, I wanted to test several more times to see what is the bare minimum of "perfect care" so that I can give a foolproof method of obtaining Zatchi.

Currently, the general idea of how Zatchi is obtained works well enough but it is not completely certain because what counts as "perfect care" has not been fully determined, thus it can't be fully replicated. Understandably, no one has exhaustively tested the P2 and thus most topics about obtaining Zatchi give general advice with always a bit of doubt, hence I generalized by saying "nobody has gotten a clear idea of it" (perhaps I should have used "precise" instead). Although, following the intensive perfect method of not letting any hearts drop should yield Zatchi, but I'm sure it can be made more flexible.

This isn't on the p2, but on the mini, I let the meters drop to 2 and got Mametchi, so on the mini that counts as perfect care. I don't know if that is a clue for other versions as well...

I have been running a couple minis for a while now, and I have a couple questions:

Exactly how long is their life span? I think I took good care of mine and it was the baby for 1 day, mametchi for 7 days, and bill for 6 days. Then 2 sick skulls were on the screen for about an hour and it wouldn't let me press any buttons and then he died. So did I run it for it's full lifespan? 14 days?

My other question is, how do you get maskutchi? I have been experimenting a lot with these and have gotten nyorotchi, kutchipatchi, and mametchi (please forgive any spelling errors) but I have not been able to get maskutchi. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I started a mini for the first time yesterday. It became a masktchi today. Pretty sure this evolution does not coincide with the original gen 1.

This isn't on the p2, but on the mini, I let the meters drop to 2 and got Mametchi, so on the mini that counts as perfect care. I don't know if that is a clue for other versions as well...
The mini is a very forgiving and simplistic version so it programming doesn't match up with other versions. Since the mini operates on care mistakes, I'd imagine how full the meters are doesn't influence much. One easy way to test would be to raise a tamagotchi and keep it meters at only two filled throughout its entire life, but not letting it go empty. If it become Mametchi, then how full the meters are would be irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back